Rob- if I may ask? Why are you curious about the bikes?

Seems a little nosey.coolio.gif

only the nose knows.

Nah its just me as a like every moto fanatic wondering what everyone rides, more simple old school air cooled?, carbed?, or F.I. or liquidcooled, E3, E2 or E1 sized, all 4T, etc. Are folks buying those late model 250 4T DS machines like the KLX250 etc.? just being nosey. So far it seems like a real big mix of choices.

I'm curious all, what was the SDAR bike breakdown from this days get together? Can you guys figure up a list? or each list your machine so I can compile a bike list. I can think of a few including Logrollers 450Hushy and McTrails 310, BS DRZ400, PBs 525(?)

I would like to know a breakdown of the DS group.

Mine is a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310R and I DID NOT have any breakdowns. :rolleyes:/> I know, that's not what you meant about breakdowns but there actually were quite a few of that kind during that days riding. A LOT more than I'm used to on my rides.

breakdown was a poor choice of word. type/brand of bike list

Mine 05 450 MxC with a 525 cylinder installed this spring. now with 890 hr on the ticker.

So far it seems like a real big mix of choices.

yeah... always seems to be that way

the noobier rides tend to bring out the more pedestrian bikes... mid size Japanese bikes

When you start posting the all day desert slogs, the bikes of choice start getting a little more upscale; Orange, plated XRRs, WRs with plates, etc. The Japanese DS bikes tend to be underpowered and overweight for all day sand riding... just my personal observation.

I always thought the DRZ was ok, and that I just sucked at sand riding... until I took the WR out on the Pinion desert ride

then I confirmed, the DRZ sucks in the sand, and I still suck at sand riding... but the WR worked really well

So far it seems like a real big mix of choices.

yeah... always seems to be that way

the noobier rides tend to bring out the more pedestrian bikes... mid size Japanese bikes

When you start posting the all day desert slogs, the bikes of choice start getting a little more upscale; Orange, plated XRRs, WRs with plates, etc. The Japanese DS bikes tend to be underpowered and overweight for all day sand riding... just my personal observation.

I always thought the DRZ was ok, and that I just sucked at sand riding... until I took the WR out on the Pinion desert ride

then I confirmed, the DRZ sucks in the sand, and I still suck at sand riding... but the WR worked really well

I seem to remember you running over me going down Heart Attack Hill on that ride.

ok, Mrs Drama...

I've already apologized profusely for that little love tap (a laughed more than I apologized though)

You're right... that was the WR that gave your DRZ a little tap.

It did very well in Fish Creek though... wheelies in 4 gears.

XR400R woot woot!! 30K + miles an 800h since I bought it 3 years ago. I recently tore it down to install new valvestem seals. Lapped the valves (still in spec). The rings looked like they have another 10K so I reused em. All original HRC hopup kit from 98. Workhorse! :wub:

The little DRZ has better suspension than the DR250 and a smattering of other minor improvements. I'd like to find a TM28 or TM33 pumper since the CA models came with a 32 CV carb. Worked fine but the reports on the pumper are good. I know what the pumper did for my 650 and like that response.

Some of the repairs were crash related - tearing a radiator hose but I think the basic mechanical functions held up well. I go with higher tire pressures and the "less traction but less flats" philosophy.

No matter what, there were a lot of smiles from that ride!

XR400R woot woot!! 30K + miles an 800h since I bought it 3 years ago. I recently tore it down to install new valvestem seals. Lapped the valves (still in spec). The rings looked like they have another 10K so I reused em. All original HRC hopup kit from 98. Workhorse! :wub:/>

back in the day one of my international pro racer friends raced an Al Baker/IMS XR440, that thing really worked. And was actually stone reliable as well. The XR400 is a really good and now inexpensive piece. And still supported in the aftermarket.

all good stuff Im just glad to so many on a nice group ride, you guys/gals, got this thing working well.

I am working on some added protection for the exposed hoses on the KLX. But the tape job held up like a rock, thanks McTrails.

Well, he had the benefit of the group's technical and emotional resources.

We helped.