KTMrad

Does Anyone Mind Links on SDAR Facebook Page ?

If I put links to some of your trip reports / write-ups on the SDAR Facebook page ?

Fine with me.....I actually tend to put more stuff on my Facebook page/the CORE Facebook page than SDAR or DSM (these days)......it allows me to reach out beyond the local area.....

What's a Face Book?

%-)

Ask a young person...its, like, totally awesome, and you can, like, put pictures on there, and stuff, like

I don't mind. Figure it's my way of giving back to the community by showing riders what NOT to do. :blush:

On a serious note, Do I have a choice? Can you exclude individuals from the Facebook site? I don't use FB because I don"t want my email contacts mined for commercial purposes. I am happy to share links to stories etc., as long as my personal information is not mined.

SandBagger, Luddite dirol.gif

Edited for clarity

On a serious note, Do I have a choice? Can you exclude individuals from the Facebook site? I don't use FB because I don"t want my email contacts mined for commercial purposes. I am happy to share links to stories etc., as long as my personal information is not mined.

Edited for clarity

Bagstr, I won't post any of your reports....that's why I asked in case anyone had a problem with it.

There's no way anyone from FB would get your contact info just by looking at photos and a write-up.

Also, I don't list any personal info publicly on FB, and have not had a problem with privacy there.

Edited for clarity

Bagstr, I asked in case anyone had a problem with it. But your info won't be any more accessible than it is here on the forums. Especially if you have no profile on FB.

There's no way anyone from FB would get your contact info just by looking at photos and a write-up.

Also, I don't list any personal info publicly on FB, and have not had a problem with privacy there.

Links to any ride report will of course show pics in most cases. Make sure to set your (Photobucket, etc) to private and even scramble your photo addresses if ya want. I double clicked on one pic here and got into the publicly open PB folders of the rider. Home pics, family pics, easy to figure out where the house might be, etc.

If you take pics with a GPS enabled device, phone or camera, ya might want to turn that off. Take a pic at your house - the Lat / Long is gonna be in the data on that pic. Easy to locate where it was taken.

The GPS is useful on phones for the mapping, recovering from an idiot crook who steals it, etc, but can have privacy concerns.

I don't know the capabilities of "miners" so......

Good points Ken.

I have all the GPS location data in the OFF position on my phone.

True, if someone really wants to find out about you, they can go thru all your photos you have posted anywhere on the internet.

BAGSTR, i won't post any of your stuff on FB if you don't want me to, just let me know.

Rad, I will pass on FB if it doesn't cause you a problem.

TNX

Ken

Good info. I need go Privatize my photo host site.

TNX

Ken

Good info. I need go Privatize my photo host site.

TNX

Dave, if you privatize your photo hosting, then people will either need a password to see your photos, or they won't be able to see them when you post them here or elsewhere. Or possibly, you can choose public for certain albums you have.

I can just speak for what my PB is doing. I have it set for private. It will allow the pic to be seen here and if you double click it, you will go to my PB album. When you click trying to get into my album, it says "Private"

I'm sure there are variables and maybe the bots don't dig down that far...?

Back on topic a bit - I don't care if my stuff is on FB or not. I don't have an account but don't care if some random pic is out there if it's public here.