paulmbowers

Noobish ride Sunday, December 22nd 2013

We had up to 23 riders today for the Noobish- wildly varying experience and bikes. It was a great ride, and I'm hoping participants will write their experiences here- how was it for you?

No falls, no flats, no collisions.

11501489763_7007890ecf_b.jpg

Great day all and OUTSTANDING job by the Stroms, GS's and 1200 Tiger especially. Got 'em dirty and no crashes. The confidence Phil and Todd had through the water crossing was impressive. Nicely done.

Thx to PMB and Bob and all who made it an enjoyable ride! Great attitudes, waiting at turns, encouraging and water safety at the crossing. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend half a day. Some of us did put away some burgers at Brody's afterward. party.gif

Damn, I'm sorry I missed it. Seriously, I had no idea Christmas is THIS Wednesday.

Another "kudos" to the big bike guys! The water crossing, the optional climb and descent, some rutted loose stuff, and right near the end...the ride across the 12" bridge!

To everybody that joined, I hope you all had fun and improved your skills at the same time

(I know bubbagums and CVRick got their wheelie practice in!)

I left my camera at home, unfortunately, but I saw some go-pros and some cameras taking pictures

Tons of Go Pro, and some pics.

Here is one of me passing

NewPicture.png

Halfway down across from Barrett Cafe. That section is very rough in spots

BarrettLakeRdhalfway.jpg

Our fearless leader showing the way.

Ourleader.jpg

Hopefully on the next noob ride I can join in. I am not a noob to riding, just to my BRP. I just recently picked up a plated XR650R. Was away from riding for 3 yrs. I live in the O.C. but would definitely make the drive up ! Looks like a great time !

I've got pictures, screencaptures and video. Uploading some pics and editing the video together.

Hopefully on the next noob ride I can join in. I am not a noob to riding, just to my BRP. I just recently picked up a plated XR650R. Was away from riding for 3 yrs. I live in the O.C. but would definitely make the drive up ! Looks like a great time !

If you're going to come that far, make sure the ride leader knows, so they can make it worth your while

I know some fun loops at McCain Valley and CorralCanyon; I try to ride every Sunday

We had up to 23 riders today for the Noobish- wildly varying experience and bikes. It was a great ride, and I'm hoping participants will write their experiences here- how was it for you?

It was great

If you're going to come that far, make sure the ride leader knows, so they can make it worth your while

I know some fun loops at McCain Valley and CorralCanyon; I try to ride every Sunday

I've ridden a lot in Ocotillo. You guys have way better riding out that way than we do in the O.C.

Any day riding is worth my time. I don't care if they are fire roads or single track. A day riding is priceless ! Whether it's a cruise around town or a full day of riding. I've been riding the Cleveland National Forest (main divide)trying to get used to the bigger bike. Still need to dial in the suspension .

Whats this "suspension" you speak of?

It's a "dirt bike" thing...guys on adv bikes have no need for such things! RideOn!

Some more pics.

morenewbride.jpg

KTMaboveBarrett.jpg

OtayandPointLomainthebackdrop.jpg

AttheJail.jpg

FronintheJail.jpg

I still have 5 hours of video to review. :torch:

Whats this "suspension" you speak of?

It's a "dirt bike" thing...guys on adv bikes have no need for such things! RideOn!

I still like to hit some rough stuff here and there. I just like my stuff being dialed in as much as possible to enjoy the full effect of riding.

LED light bar on the way for night riding and better tires.

I cant upload pics for some reason. getting upload skipped error messages.

My only video. Slow and steady. Who is this rider? I'm not good with names.

My only video. Slow and steady. Who is this rider? I'm not good with names.

I know this guy as "me."