kkug

Kugs ,Mystery Ride-- Nov 16-17 -13

Simple Rules !

Meet at Ocotillo Wells Ranger Station on Nov 16 at 10 AM--- You may park you tow rig their -no problem .

Plated Ride !

A conga line forms and leaves at 10:30 AM and follows me some where to camp out on Sat nite.

All riders well prepared with overnite camping gear and one freeze dried Meal.

On Sunday the Conga line reforms and rides back to Ocotillo Wells.

No one will know where I will go-not even me !- The ride perimeter's are , I 40 to the North,CO river to the east,The Mexican boarder to the south,and the Ocean to the west. So that should give you a good ideal.

I would suggest non huge Adventure bikes but that's up to you.( Some insist they can ride them anywhere )I am taking my 530. 120-150 fuel range as allways.

Their is a strong possibility that we can stock up with supplys and gas on the way.

I Like to keep it down to Ten riders or less- but more are welcome-

1-KKUG- in

2-Crawdaddy----------out

3-Bagster

4-CID-99% + 1 +1

5-Johnnymad

6-Racebob-90%---------out

7Goofyfooter for the warm up

97.3 % IN

OUT I don't work many weekends, but as of today, I'm working the 16th. Next time.

Bring it! :coolio::drinks:

Simple Rules ! No one will know where I will go-not even me !

1-KKUG- in

2-Crawdaddy - in! :friends::good:

Bags and CID In. I will tell him later.

cowboy.gif

Is our resident Jamuligan in town for this?

Bags and CID In. I will tell him later.

cowboy.gif

Is our resident Jamuligan in town for this?

I think Rigga has a mani/pedi appt he can't skip........or he may be planning on shampooing his rugs that day.......or flea dipping his dog......or some other lame ass excuse :rolleyes::heh:

The Jamuligan probably can't trust his bike to not break down on this Off Pavement Event.

blink.gif

• Yeah, I'm about 90% in. I have an area I want to explore out there that is off the beaten path. Check out Clark Dry Lake.

CiD

I work every other weekend. Guess which one this lands on. :angry:/>

I was just talking about Ken's trip to the CO River and what a great time it was......

The Jamuligan probably can't trust his bike to not break down on this Off Pavement Event.

blink.gif

I don't live in Jamul.

Simple Rules !

Meet at Ocotillo Wells Ranger Station on Nov 16 at 10 AM--- You may park you tow rig their -no problem .

Plated Ride !

A conga line forms and leaves at 10:30 AM and follows me some where to camp out on Sat nite.

No one will know where I will go-not even me !- The ride perimeter's are , I 40 to the North,CO river to the east,The Mexican boarder to the south,and the Ocean to the west. So that should give you a good ideal.

I would suggest non huge Adventure bikes but that's up to you.( Some insist they can ride them anywhere )I am taking my 530. 120-150 fuel range as allways.

Their is a strong possibility that we can stock up with supplys and gas on the way.

1-KKUG- in

I would like to go, however never been on a overnighter on a bike. Do you have a "what to bring list" thanks in advance

Jamuligan probably can't trust his bike

Hey dont take it out on Jamul.........

I will be baking cupcakes that weekend for the flower parade here in town, sorry I'm going to miss this one..

Do you have a "what to bring list" thanks in advance

CID likes cold beer

Bagstr like big steaks

PMB likes lots of firewood

KUG I believe is self contained

I will be baking cupcakes that weekend for the flower parade here in town, sorry I'm going to miss this one..

Sadly, I fear this statement may actually be true :heh:

I would like to go, however never been on a overnighter on a bike. Do you have a "what to bring list" thanks in advance

I'm no authority on the subject, but I believe it is what you will need...

bag/pad/tent/pillow substitute-

tent or other rain cover if you feel the need

some way to eat/drink/relax

some way to pay for gas/stuff on the road

if you're the rough and tumble type, you could, in theory, bring only as much as an average day trip, not all the stuff like tents and sleeping bags... I'm not that type

http://dualsport-sd....equipment-list/

Many variations but since this is a one nighter, be as comfortable as you want. After figuring it all out to your liking, do some test runs prior to the ride to ensure the packing works for you.

I started here...

CIMG2090.jpg

...and ended up here...

CIMG2091.jpg

....and I'm OUT - hafta work

Simple Rules !

Plated Ride !

1-KKUG- in

I will try to send you some information from my Bikepacking semenar. PM me your E Mail.

http://dualsport-sd....equipment-list/

Many variations but since this is a one nighter, be as comfortable as you want. After figuring it all out to your liking, do some test runs prior to the ride to ensure the packing works for you.

I started here...

CIMG2090.jpg

...and ended up here...

CIMG2091.jpg

....and I'm OUT - hafta work

Cool, thanks for the advise. Cant wait.

You don't need to bring much on an overnighter in BFE.....Bag/bed roll/tent/headlamp......stuff jersey/etc. in a stuff sack bag for a pillow.......comforts like a small folding chair are nice.....no full change of clothes necessary since you'll be riding in the same gear the next day....it's not as if we're going to ride to a destination/clean up/head out to a restaurant that night.....at least I don't think that's part of the mystery plan :blink::wacko:

Simple packing/camping rule: Make two piles......left pile is "stuff" you want to bring and right pile is cash.......cut the left pile in half and double the cash.....now you're good to go :lol:

kugs, what a fun idea...you rock! and with a group like this, I'd hate to miss this....hmmm..... maybe

(planning on heading to Prescott for 5 days for thankgiving.....but can I do both?)

1382417007[/url]' post='161347']

kugs, what a fun idea...you rock! and with a group like this, I'd hate to miss this....hmmm..... maybe

(planning on heading to Prescott for 5 days for thankgiving.....but can I do both?)

Yes!

Johnnymad come over tonite and I showed him all my camping stuff. A lot of stuff ! I got to remember to pack lite.

He says he has a XR400 and this is my old 400 pre Giant loop days. The good old days.

On the Bradshaw Trail somewhere.

IMG_0293-L.jpg

There you go again,,,misleading the public. This looks like you are in Oregon, but we know you are in the wide open desert.

I don't know if I can ever trust you again!

This is how I am packing now .

IMG_20130613_112748_226-L.jpg

By the way, Are the River Camps on the Short List for the Overnight?

By the way, Are the River Camps on the Short List for the Overnight?[/size][/font]

Yes of course--- but who knows if we are going their this trip.Its a mystery .