xr650lnoob

Sat Corral Canyon 6am ready to ride

Logroller and I are attempting 3a (we've never been so this should be fun ha), 3, maybe ranger if we find it (and if the bikes are still in 1 piece).

Come join the circus. There will be cameras.

6am ready to ride from Four Corners.

heading up or down 3a?

I would go but not sure i can be there so early on Saturday :sleeping_02: maybe later in the day for ranger though.

What did we do last time, that was 3 going down?

Maybe we should try 3a down and then climb 3 if that routing works and assuming 3a is worse than 3. Although 3 down was not that big of a deal. You know, at the semi-snail pace we took.

Spaugh, both the Husky and I do not run well in the heat. Neither of us have a fan, so we're running for pre-heat up hours. Believe me I am no fan of getting up before the sun, but I'll take an early rise over heat exhuastion and warped heads any day. We should be done riding somewhere between 9 and 10. Perhaps we'll cross paths and ride a little bit if you make it out.

Cheers

Spaugh, sounds good for ranger if our timing works out.

Logroller, the plan was for 3 up, 3a down, and back up 3a once we know what to expect (but i don't know the entrance for 3a from the top. I only know the bottom entrance.)

to go down, you just go up and over 3 and then go half way down, through a bunch of rock fields then there is an intersection. 5 to the left, 3a to the right. down isn't bad since gravity does the work. up is a real pain especially at the bottom of the trail right past the camp ground, there is a lot of silt.

Will check back later this week.

3A down in much easier if you ask me...as you crest trail 3 (coming from Bobcat side) it gets a little confusing, and you may end up on 5...both are fun ways to get down from the peak

Pauland I rode some of the jeep trails (11) and found some fun stuff on sidewinder

Don't ignore those trails just because they're wide- some serious pucker moments

Don't ignore those trails just because they're wide- some serious pucker moments

Pfft.

I was a little bored with those. < yawn >

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go straighten my $150 HDB handguards.

lurking

Robert, you could show us the best line. That is if we could keep up to see it.

Technical riding sounds like fun, waking up at 4:45 doesn't.

If I can wake up count me in!

I wish roll call was 4:45am. I'll have to get up at the latest 4am, but I'm still going. I'm actually liking the idea of getting on the trail at first-ish light and the prospect of virtually no one else being out there.

Come on out, it's been a while since we've ridden together. No flippies for this ride.

heading up or down 3a?

I would go but not sure i can be there so early on Saturday :sleeping_02:/>/> maybe later in the day for ranger though.

Sounds like team sleepy might be able to pull together for the late start on this one. I'd be in for that...

team sleepy (me, briana, mctrails, and surprise guest jbw) will be in full force there tomorrow. keeping with tradition (of getting sleep) we are meeting at 9 at bobcat camp. josh and I may go out earlier and do some of the really dumb trails (jbw is into that sort of thing) with you guys but 6am is doubtful. maybe we will catch you on your way back up 3a if that is your plan.

team sleepy (me, briana, mctrails, and surprise guest jbw) will be in full force there tomorrow. keeping with tradition (of getting sleep) we are meeting at 9 at bobcat camp. josh and I may go out earlier and do some of the really dumb trails (jbw is into that sort of thing) with you guys but 6am is doubtful. maybe we will catch you on your way back up 3a if that is your plan.

ok

Is there room for one more teammate on team sleepy?

Hot damn, I mean cooler damn. Looks like the predicted temps have dropped a few degrees for Saturday. WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Is there room for one more teammate on team sleepy?

sure, more the merrier. call me or text if you aren't sure where we will be.

Ok, bike is in the truck getting prepared to be there with the early crowd . If I'm not there at 6:10ish means I had to good of a time tonight .

OK, looks like I won't make it after all. So I am curious, which ones are the really dumb trails???

OK, looks like I won't make it after all. So I am curious, which ones are the really dumb trails???

that sucks! up 7 and 3a, thats pretty much the dumbest. and uphill on the new jeep trail but probably no one wants to do that.

that sucks! up 7 and 3a, thats pretty much the dumbest. and uphill on the new jeep trail but probably no one wants to do that.

That's good to know. I believe we slightly pondered attempting 3a up last time. Glad we didn't as I am sure the heat and terrain would have killed us.

Late post, but thought I'd get it out here for a head's up in case someone checks in late tonight or early tomorrow before the ride...

I organized a group of 5 tonight. We are going to stage at the crossroads around 6, probably riding by 6:30. Up Kernan and then tool around Corral. No set route, but likely start with 1, 2, 6. Then probably make our way to Ranger as well.

We'll keep an eye out for the rest of you and hopefully reduce the risk of any surprises.

Safe Rides!

Chad

alan, we were planning on doing the usual ride when you showed up. you should come out if you can.