Ride-Orange

Superstition Oct 20 & 21

Hey y'all! Here's a great chance to come check-out some local desert racing action and have a blast at the same time. Check this flier and see if you can make it to the poker run on Saturday the 20th! We'll be camping for the entire weekend and anyone interested is welcome to share our camp for the weekend, overnight, a day trip, whatever...

Pumpkin20Dash204.jpg

Hey y'all! Here's a great chance to come check-out some local desert racing action and have a blast at the same time. Check this flier and see if you can make it to the poker run on Saturday the 20th! We'll be camping for the entire weekend and anyone interested is welcome to share our camp for the weekend, overnight, a day trip, whatever...

Pumpkin20Dash204.jpg

I'll be there. I plan to work a check. Rob there is a OTB club meeting at giovannis on weds if you want to work it. Or, are you planning to race?

RO- Still plan on being there sunday? The boys are itching to get out there again...

Any SDAR guys with kids planning on going... I will plan on it with the two boys.

I'll be there. I plan to work a check. Rob there is a OTB club meeting at giovannis on weds if you want to work it. Or, are you planning to race?

I told John I'd help work it. If it rains (yeah, right :unsure: ) I'll race, I'm just not interested in racing in a dustbowl anymore...

Racing, working, or just riding, one thing's for sure... :o:huh: :scratch_one-s_head: :fool: :fool: :o:huh::crazy:

RO- Still plan on being there sunday? The boys are itching to get out there again...

Any SDAR guys with kids planning on going... I will plan on it with the two boys.

I think I can get the whole family out there. My daughter is always the toughest one to talk into going, she's 14 and doesn't think it's cool anymore.

Sorry Bob, I didn't mean to ignore your question :scratch_one-s_head:

Right now we're planning on camping all weekend (Friday evening through Sunday), so bring the boys and I'll try to keep pace with Morgan :fool: Race starts at 0900 and should be done by noon. I think the kids would get a kick out of watching the start then maybe riding out to a checkpoint. :unsure:

I misread the flyer and thought the race was Saturday...

So, yeah... getting the boys out there to watch the race would be great, then we can go for a ride afterward.

I had the boys out on the mini track the other day, and Morgan actually slowed down, and is jumping much smaller, then he was right before Summer. It took two hours of coaching to get him a little more on pace. Eric was all over it like he never stopped, though...

As we get closer we can all finalize plans...

EDIT- Crap- Cody's first birthday party EVER is this day... If it was one of the other boys, we'd just celebrate out there... i will be home with the family that day.

You guys have fun

EDIT- Crap- Cody's first birthday party EVER is this day... If it was one of the other boys, we'd just celebrate out there... i will be home with the family that day.

You guys have fun

You can say that again! I was looking forward to riding with you and the boys. Happy birthday to Cody, we'll miss you :lol:

What kind of course is the Poker Run? Dirt, sand, or is it all tarmac?

This should be an all dirt run. Lots of varied equipment and skill levels so don't expect anything tough. Debbie may even drive the Bronco :lol: we'll see...

Rob,

I plan on coming Saturday for some dune riding and other stuff. That poker run should not make a lot of dust around the aria, or would it? Do you know your camping spot yet, same as "last new year lost papaalex" ride?

Alex.

We'll be out there that weekend. I think we might camp on the dry lake bed, but if you let me know where you're at we'll swing by and say hi/go for a ride.

We'll be out there that weekend. I think we might camp on the dry lake bed, but if you let me know where you're at we'll swing by and say hi/go for a ride.

I will not camp...coming Saturday morning, riding, leaving Saturday night. There is dry lake bed?

We'll be along pit row, probably with Tree, at or near the OTB pits :) Why don't you come join us Tom?

I'm going to try to make a run out there, it's been way too long since I got the pig covered in dust :) .

Gotta get back into the Groove! :)

Look forward to seeing and riding you guys soon :)

I'm gonna throw the pig on a trailer and drag it out there. So with that said it's got room for two more bikes if anyone would like to meet up at my casa early Sat and make the ride out there with me just shoot me a PM.

Aaron

We'll be along pit row, probably with Tree, at or near the OTB pits :) Why don't you come join us Tom?

We won't be out there until about midnight Friday. Where are the pits going to be? We usually camp on the west side of Wheeler Road on the dry lakebed , just because it's less noisy over there. A happier wife makes for a happier weekend.

I'm coming down Friday morning (took the day off work). :) The pits are off wheeler by pole line road and jarhjead hill across from the dry lake bed. Should be a blast.

Forgot to offer earlier, since I'm whimpping out by dragging the pig on the trailer I thought I'd offer to bring some firewood if anyone would like. ;)

Rob,

I plan on coming Saturday for some dune riding and other stuff. That poker run should not make a lot of dust around the aria, or would it? Do you know your camping spot yet, same as "last new year lost papaalex" ride?

Alex.

Tree, Ride-Orange,

is it going to be the same camping spot?

Tree, Ride-Orange,

is it going to be the same camping spot?

Sorry for the late reply papa :) this is a different spot. Last time we were at "The Dip", but this time will be at Wheeler Rd., about mile 4 on the right side. Just foollow the directions shown at the bottom of the flier and the little OTB course marker signs, then look for my trailer flying The Colors over my KTM banner.

Poker Run Update:

I just talked to my pal John and he said that since the kids race is also on Saturday they are postponing the start of the PR by an hour or so. He said the route will be two wheeler, quad, rhino, and 4x4 friendly... Nothing technical, JUST GOOD FUN!!!

Guest Cheif Gunner

Carguy has offered to loan me & Rachel the mighty PW200.

She has not ridden in awhile since she outgrew her YZ85 so I need to spend a little time refreshing her but knowing my daughter she will want to haul some butt before I think she's ready.

Looks like a decent turn out is brewing!

See ya there!

Hi Everyone, I'm John 79 and a friend of Tree's and Ride Oranges. My club OTB is hosting the event this weekend at Superstition and just to clarify:

The Kids race is at 1pm

The Poker run starts at 2.

Awards presentation for the PR, as well as a live band and raffle, will be at 5pm.

See you all out there!

Clayton and I are heading out there tomorrow. We have no idea what to expect and we're not sure we're going to find anyone we know but if you see two clueless people on DRZs, that's probably us.

Zina

At least failure in deep sand doesn't mean you're necessarily picking up the bike...

post-1009-1192937803_thumb.jpg

Today I learned I don't know crap about sand riding. I also learned that October in the desert can still be painfully hot.

At least I got to meet a few more of you guys. Thanks again Gunner for the cold water; I hadn't tasted anything that good in a long time.

Zina

That shot of the DRZ looks strangely familiar....if you tip it up at an angle, you'd have an equivalent of my endeaver at going up Diablo Drop last month :D