kkug

Quick Baja Coast Camp-July 27-28

I am Ready !!

1374799189375-L.jpg

As Bagster would say lets get on with it. !

Wow that's a big tank and looks like it was professionally mounted.

CiD

Wow that's a big tank and looks like it was professionally mounted.

CiD

Ya by some old retired machinist in North County. :rolleyes:

I'll be at the mini mart gas station in Tecate (this side of the border) at 8:00 am Saturday.

CiD

Edited by Covered in Dust

At this point I will be at the mini Mart in Tecate USA at 5:45-5:50 for a 6 PM departure on Fri nite .

I'm still looking/hoping for somebody to ride with back home on Saturday. Koog puts on a great ride and I have a very fun route from Ojos Negros or Sawmill back to Tecate. You're guaranteed to have a good time!

Good news is my bike runs fine and I'll be making the trip 100% now. I'm gonna swap some tires tomorrow and have a few other small errands to take care of. The more I think about rush hour traffic, I think I'll just link up at the gas station Sat morning to cross at 8AM. I'll bring my little cookset and a meal just in case. I'm sure we can easily find a way to heat up some burritos.

I'll be at the mini mart gas station in Tecate (this side of the border) at 8:00 am Saturday.

CiD

I ll be there.

I am going to pack some charcoal and a little grill so we can cook something or warm up some burritos . Also I am bringing fire log or two.

But I am not realy taking a cooking kit -just a fork and a knife . ;)/>

Thumbs up.

Sorry havent setup saddle bags or anything like that on the atk yet so cant take much more than tent and bag on this one.

I'm still looking/hoping for somebody to ride with back home on Saturday. Koog puts on a great ride and I have a very fun route from Ojos Negros or Sawmill back to Tecate. You're guaranteed to have a good time!

Bump Bump

Tell your S/O that you're going to baja as a community service assignment to help poor Goofy not have to ride some epic dirt trails back to Tecate all by himself!

How many are meeting at the mini mart at the border tomorrow morning at 8? I don't want to leave anybody.

CiD

How many are meeting at the mini mart at the border tomorrow morning at 8? I don't want to leave anybody.

CiD

im one, riding out from my ramona. Pm'd you my number

I'm planning to be there ready to leave at 8. I'll leave from Oceanside around 6, but it should only take me 1.5 hours to get there. Enough time to gas up and grab a snack at the gas station etc. I'll be riding down so shouldn't need any other unload or setup time.

GoofyFooter, I don't know what your Sunday plans are, but you should maybe "get stuck in Mexico with bike problems for the night". Or maybe you'll get lucky and I'll have bike problems halfway through the ride to join you home.

CiD

Sorry, fighting a fever. If I'm going ill be there in the morning if not dont wait. Ill either be there or catch up.

Sorry, fighting a fever. If I'm going ill be there in the morning if not dont wait. Ill either be there or catch up.

Still w/fever not gonna make it. Sadface. Have fun be safe.

Still w/fever not gonna make it. Sadface. Have fun be safe.

Hey guys! Meant to check in when I got home.......got a bad bee bite(?) about 20 miles from Tecate and my face is so messed up, I will not be posting photos. Just hope more benedryl will start working so I don't have to go to ER.

Thanks for having my back and thanks Kkugs for another awesome Baja adventure. Nice to meet everyone. Let's ride again!

Ouch -That's two stings on our ride . Must be bee season. Our quick trip ended up to be 400-500 miles + depended on where you started from.

Thanks everyone for being real troupers.

Ride report soon --- ?

Here is my contribution to the RR. I had to turn around and head home at Laguna Hanson where I met Klaus (who knows kkug) and two of his friends and hitched a ride back to Tecate. Along the way we took some fun new to me trails and while I bapped and bruised rib, it was a good time. This taco shop in on the right side of the road as you roll into Tecate just before the main entrance to the border. I recommend their pork tacos! I rode from PB but got a lift home from Klaus - good times, good people - thanks for putting it on kkug!

post-14322-027997800 1375110339_thumb.jp

great ride adventure this weekend, good seeing/meeting everyone, thanks for putting this together KKug!!

funny, just after getting home/cleanedup/fed/etc I turn on the TV and there was a Baja ride show, rip to cabo, it's like I was still there ahah

Sorry I didn't make it....out of town all last week and this week so wanted to hang around home and OB.

was just checking the gps, here are some numbers for the "Quick Baja Coast Camp" (that's the for the second day only, starting from our beach camp south of Ejido Erendira. I didn't track the first day):

- total elevation gain 10,000+feet (max altitude 4,800feet), total elevation loss 8,500feet

- 7h+ moving time

- on the last 70 or so dirt/sand miles we averaged close to 45mph moving speed

Great ride guys! Thanks for organizing this trip Ken, I think we all had a blast!

Here's a little video of us coming up north on the beach in the Erendia area. Nothing too exciting.

Link to video

Here's another of the road to the place we camped on the beach

Also, looks like it's almost artichoke season!

18fe92f8-3337-451f-b057-84c84d8860d0_zpse7dcb600.jpg

Ok I better write something.

I met Sondra in Tecate around 5;30. I was already running late. changed her air filter and had to do some other maintenance. Dana pulls up and helped me with the maintenance. Sondra supplied us with refreshments. All suited up,refreshed, and we got moving threw town. Stoped a few miles out of Tecate to top off our tanks, Sun was going down,we were on Baja time finally. We had some Queso-Tacos and life was good.

001-L.jpg

Rode to Rancho Santa Verionca and thought the place would be empty--wrong-- they had a LDS kids campout going on.1500 kids and 200 adults, Full on party, Tents ,music ,tour buses, the whole shingdig.

Needless to say they did not wan,t us dirt bike riders to prey on the young ones-so we camped just out side the gate and had a fine time. The store was open,weather was warm, moon was up, refreshments were had by all --it was great.

003-L.jpg

004-L.jpg

In the morning the rest of the riders showed up and we were off on our quick ride !!!! Ya right !!!