kkug

Quick Baja Coast Camp-July 27-28

Slagnado, your friend's flood story sounds very serious. Glad he made it out. Figured I'd give the forewarning that I may become a 0% on this one. I installed some heated grips, a voltmeter, and rewired my HID light. All that stuff seems to work, but now the bike won't start at all. Nothing on the starter. I last ran it 3 weeks ago. I'm gonna do my best to get it sorted in time.

Ok I better get on with this .

New meet start time. a bit later ( due the parking and riding out to RSV )

How about meeting at RSV at 8:30-9:00 and leaving 9:15-

I did not make any tracks yet -but I need to.

At this point I do plan on camping at RSV on fri nite. My plan would be to cross the boarder around 6 PM so I can get their in day lite because I don,t have a good lite.

Any thoughts ?

PS I am updating the first post with the latest infro .

I am in for camping Friday night. I just need to make sure my pooch is covered so count me 80-90% in. I can PM you tomorrow. I can meet you at the border anytime after 4:00. If I am camping with you or the start time is a tad later I don't need the tracks, I am good and ready to go. ...

Fuzzynugs....it was serious and he is an experienced Baja rider, said it came out of nowhere.

That flood thing is crazy, i was just asking the boys sunday while riding chiuahua valley if these could actually come down as a wave. Guess i know now, damn.

i'm working on the 6pm at tecate border deal, if not then it'll be sat morning for me.

maybe we can have another saturday morning border meetup time for whoever doesnt do RSV fri night?

How is camping at the rancho btw? Need reservation?

Slagnado, your friend's flood story sounds very serious. Glad he made it out. Figured I'd give the forewarning that I may become a 0% on this one. I installed some heated grips, a voltmeter, and rewired my HID light. All that stuff seems to work, but now the bike won't start at all. Nothing on the starter. I last ran it 3 weeks ago. I'm gonna do my best to get it sorted in time.

Ride the KLR250 :torch:/>

In all seriousness - call Evan at RaceTech Electric. He is on Palomar Airport Road and can diagnose your electrical issue.

I'm in 100% for Saturday but might get talked into showing up on Friday night. My headlight isn't the brightest though (kinda like me).

Any idea on the weather at Veronica and where we will be beach partying?

I'm in for Friday night meet up. One Hundred Percent still.

I'm in 100% for Saturday but might get talked into showing up on Friday night. My headlight isn't the brightest though (kinda like me).

Any idea on the weather at Veronica and where we will be beach partying?

Looking at the map we will camp out somewhere between Cabo Colonet ,Colonet ,Erendira,.

The weather at RSV will be the same as our East county locations. :rolleyes:

That flood thing is crazy, i was just asking the boys sunday while riding chiuahua valley if these could actually come down as a wave. Guess i know now, damn.

i'm working on the 6pm at tecate border deal, if not then it'll be sat morning for me.

maybe we can have another saturday morning border meetup time for whoever doesnt do RSV fri night?

The camping at RSV is in the back open tree area by the tenis courts. ( It used to be their in the old days. )

I don,t think we need reservations. If it is full we can move some where else.

So we did not here from CL300capt and KTMRAD. Are you guys coming ?

CID says he is in at this point.

Sorry Ken, can't make it. I've got a friend from Florida in town and may have to work as well. I'm disappointed I won't make it. Hope you'll organize another Baja ride soon.

I'm 5% in for a toe dip down in to Baja and a ride back with Goofy. It would be a Saturday in and a Saturday out...if at all.

bob

The camping at RSV is in the back open tree area by the tenis courts. ( It used to be their in the old days. )

I don't think we need reservations. If it is full we can move some where else.

won't be able to make Friday night so will meet sat morning around 8.30am at RSV. Hopefully you're there, Ken maybe I can track your spot (if you have one) Friday night to make sure you're there?

Stevo and anyone else who might go Saturday, meet @ gas station in Tecate at 8am?

Def. in!!! I am packed(tent & sleeping bag) and bike is almost ready to go. So far I plan to leave Saturday...but I may change my mind as it gets closer. If you change the start time will it be earlier? Ken can you send the tracks if you know your route so I can load them in my GPS, really just need the RSV to Laguna Hanson....think I have the rest.

FYI, I think we may hit some muddy spots. My friend was heading back on Compadre Sunday and got hit by a 4 foot flash flood wave. He was dragged 200 yards on the bike, close to drowning and close to breaking a femor. KTM 990 is lost....luckily & thankfully he is alive and well with a many more Baja stories to tell. I almost went riding out to Laguna Hanson on Sunday and thankful I didn't...

If anyone is camping Friday, let me know I am interested.

Wow, I would like to hear more about that. It sounds like an adventure!

DD

I'm 5% in for a toe dip down in to Baja and a ride back with Goofy. It would be a Saturday in and a Saturday out...if at all.

bob

Any other Satur-DAY people interested? I want to do this ride and I'd really like a partner to ride back with. It'd be a shame to ride all those great trails alone.

SteveDD.. you won't need a bright headlight the sun will still be shining plus I need you to get my clean air filter on at the border....KTM's are not girl friendly. Please?

Dirtdiver...I know they went down to get the bikes today and am still waiting for the full story. Scary stuff from the pics I have seen.

Goofy Footer, come anyways......I'll talk Evan into it (he might be out of town).

I'm back to 89% again. I couldn't figure out what was keeping power from the starter on my bike and then decided to try bypassing the clutch safety switch. Vroom vroom she goes. I'll do a test ride tomorrow and then call it a go. I'll be opting to camp out Friday night due to the long ride down from Oceanside.

Sorry Tim, no KLR250 this time. I'd like to make it back across the border.

won't be able to make Friday night so will meet sat morning around 8.30am at RSV. Hopefully you're there, Ken maybe I can track your spot (if you have one) Friday night to make sure you're there?

Stevo and anyone else who might go Saturday, meet @ gas station in Tecate at 8am?

I'll post when I decide what I'm doing. I probably won't know until tonight though.

SteveDD.. you won't need a bright headlight the sun will still be shining plus I need you to get my clean air filter on at the border....KTM's are not girl friendly. Please?

Dirtdiver...I know they went down to get the bikes today and am still waiting for the full story. Scary stuff from the pics I have seen.

Goofy Footer, come anyways......I'll talk Evan into it (he might be out of town).

You're making it really hard for me to say no to Friday! :heh:

I am going to pack some charcoal and a little grill so we can cook something or warm up some burritos . Also I am bringing fire log or two.

But I am not realy taking a cooking kit -just a fork and a knife . ;)

Ken are you talking about food for Friday night or Saturday? I'm guessing that there is no place to eat close to where we're camping Saturday night.

CiD

Ken are you talking about food for Friday night or Saturday? I'm guessing that there is no place to eat close to where we're camping Saturday night.

CiD

I am talking about warming up something when we are camping sat nite. Like burritos from town.

I am Ready !!

1374799189375-L.jpg

As Bagster would say lets get on with it. !