Honda90

Friends Hit a Deer

Some very dear friends went down tonight after hitting a deer on a new Honda FB6. Some of you old San Diego folks may remember Lamont Bryden. He moved to TN some years back and has become famous in the Can-Am Spyder world (Lamonster). He and wife Chris were 2-up on the new Honda. No details yet. Bike totaled and bad road rash. In the hospital.

Thanks for praying,

Phil

Prayers sent. I almsot got hit by two runnung across a trail. I am sorry for your friends and wish them a speedy recovery.

Prayers sent.

Many a deer in Texas. Was at my In laws In Longview TX and my father in law took one of his wife's friends for a ride on his new Yami Vstar and came back walking it from hitting a deer. I asked him where he hit the deer at and he said just down the property road where I put that deer feeder! :coolio:

Crazy stuff hitting a deer. I'm seen some major big truck damage from hitting deers. And even more from hitting a moose.

Hope your friends heal up soon and make a full recovery to ride again.

Ugh....saw a freshly killed deer yesterday on Hwy 67 at 4:30am. One of my biggest fears while riding is suicidal deer. :wacko:/>/>

You are in Ramona , when is the (RK)BBQ ?

Prayers for the friends for healing.....

Thanks, guys. They will be OK. Just skinned and bruised. He is sick that he finally convinced her to get on a bike with him. But thank God they both survived.

Ugh....saw a freshly killed deer yesterday on Hwy 67 at 4:30am. One of my biggest fears while riding is suicidal deer. :wacko:/>/>

I worry about that every time I ride 67 near sunset or sunrise... just had a gig in Ramona last week, and I latched on to a pickup truck for the ride back. Not a guarantee, just trying to help my chances

they may be suicidal to a car, but they're homicidal to a bike

Phil- hope your friends heal well, physically and emotionally

I actually tagged a dear on 67, just north of Poway Rd., about 2 months ago. It was scary even while driving my Yukon. Can't imagine the feeling you would get while riding. I also drive Highland Valley Rd. every day, and see deer frequently, especially down in the valley just east of lake Hodges...so be careful...keep it on two wheels...and prayers out to our fallen riders.

Check out the distance traveled after impact. They both ended up on the pavement in front of the bike. He is an extremely skilled rider with hundreds of thousands miles on the road. His last accident was in the early 1980's when he was rear ended on an XR500 on 8W in El Cajon at 55mph. He walked off the freeway when he realized he wasn't dead.

post-15323-025135700 1370671407_thumb.jp

post-15323-015487500 1370671421_thumb.jp

post-15323-072952100 1370671440_thumb.jp

post-15323-048128000 1370671458_thumb.jp

post-15323-031270400 1370671472_thumb.jp

post-15323-065441300 1370671497_thumb.jp

post-15323-050092300 1370671525_thumb.jp

Glad to hear they came out relatively ok. Looks like the bike and the deer took more damage. Also, I didn't know what an FB6 was so I guess I learned something.

I read the first post wrong and assumed they were on 3 wheels... road rash sucks, but looks like small sections of skin at least

the new Gold Wing looks (looked) great... slimming down from the luxo-tourer into something a little sportier

I've encountered a few too many of those suicidal four leggers when I lived in Julian. It's a good thing (relatively) that they only got a doe as I personally know that the antlers of a buck can skewer automotive sheet metal on a narrow miss and a full size of anything at 55 mph will push an engine block back in a mini truck. It's good to hear that they're rattled but ok though. I'll pray for a speedy recovery (both health and insurance hassle wise)...

When I lived in western Ma. one of my riding buddies hit a bear, he said it was no fun at all ! I hope your friends heal quickly.