Guest Crusty

Rookie Barcia-Honda is tied with Dunge KTM. for wins!

Guest Crusty

All this in first year on the 450

So close to KTM's GOLDEN BOY, with 2 races left.

GO BAM BAM!!!!!coolio.giffriends.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Just think when his contract with Honda expires he may be in a good position to join the Orange Team ! :good:

Who cares. Ryan Villapoto on a 3 year old Kawasaki and Davi Millsaps on an old ass Suzuki have more wins and points than either could hope to earn in the remaining 2 rounds.

Stop being a douche.

Guest Crusty

Just think when his contract with Honda expires he may be in a good position to join the Orange Team ! good.gif

Na, look what it did to Short.

He used to be "just Short of the podium", now he is back of the pack.

Maybe Tomac, he crashes more than Stewart.

Everytime you talk on this site it has to do with KTM AND whoever is next...I call it FLAMING OR TROLLING....

I watched the race and was cheering Barcia all the way...He owned it or earned it...It was awesome....

You need to get over the HaveNots of not owning a KTM.

Quit being a Douche X2

Villapoto has been riding great- he deserves the #1 plate

Millsaps started strong, had some struggles and is making some good showings and staying On or near the podium

Dungey is being Dungey- mediocre starts (sometimes abyssmal starts) then smooth and consistent riding up through the pack, ending up on the podium or close

Alessi always seems to get great starts, then loses a place about every lap- He and Dungey need to talk

Barcia is doing well

I, for one, would LOVE for each manufacturer to "be in the hunt"... each manufacturer can give their guy the best bike they can, and see where the chips fall.

I'm glad to see Barcia ride well... :torch:

Just think when his contract with Honda expires he may be in a good position to join the Orange Team ! good.gif

Na, look what it did to Short.

He used to be "just Short of the podium", now he is back of the pack.

Maybe Tomac, he crashes more than Stewart.

OK- quoting for posterity... Short rode a Honda in 2012 right? His results were, 14, 15, 7, 16, 7, 16, 25, 14, 12

25 is pretty freaking short..

in 2013, he is currently in 7th place total (2012 he missed a number of races)...this was with a REAL quick search on those innernets... I could be mistaken

see: you lack credibility because all you do is blindly support a brand, and blindly criticize another... you like Honda and Barcia; good for you... I like Honda and Barcia too... but seriously

Andrew Short raced the first seven races of the season on the Honda. He placed 6, 9, 7, 6, 6, 9 and 9.

He made the switch to KTM and has done eight races on it so far. He placed 14, 10, 12, 7, 9, 7, 6 and 9.

Looks like he is a consistent top ten rider when he is familiar with the bike.

Andrew Short raced the first seven races of the season on the Honda. He placed 6, 9, 7, 6, 6, 9 and 9.

He made the switch to KTM and has done eight races on it so far. He placed 14, 10, 12, 7, 9, 7, 6 and 9.

Looks like he is a consistent top ten rider when he is familiar with the bike.

Andrew Short is actually a rider I like a lot...competitive, fast, and a nice guy off the track. Keeps out of trouble off the bike and when the race is over, he smiles and chalks it up to "racing"... and he doesn't mind trading paint (plactic; whatever) but is pretty clean about it.

You expect any guy will have to make a transition from one bike to the other; we saw it when Yamaha came out with the YZF and it's radical new design

by most accounts, the KTM is far different than the Japanese bikes, and takes some getting used to

as for top 10 being "just short of the podium"... everybody kind of expected all along who the top 5 would be, and in what order.

Current surprises (for me) are Millsaps doing so well, and Stewart having so many struggles. Honda getting a win, and NOT by Reed is a bit surprising to me, but I thought Barcia was better suited to the 450 all along.

well; nice to have a another rational discussion about riders and brands- Glad to see Barcia on the top step!

I'm not a fan of Barcia - His antics the last 2 years really put me off - but he was on fire Saturday. He's 50/51 points behind Dungey/Millsaps. Assuming they both finish the last 2 races, he ain't going nowhere.

RV may have decided not to push it given the point spread, but he has been consistent great all year. He's the champ. No doubt.

Millsaps did well, and then settled down and eventually out.

Dungey is Mr. Dependable, and - based on where he was after turn 1 and where he was at the checkered flag - may have taken Seattle but for the pileup after the start. Then again, RV would have had a reason to go all out if Millsaps or Dungey had been challenging.

If I were a better - and I'm not - I'd say Dungey is going to take 2nd overall.

I'm hoping both 250s will go to KTM. The racing has been great and both of those riders are nice kids.

Hey, I suffer from KTM envy, too.

U all need to get over Crusty's posts and quit ur whining.

The same people always comment on his posts when it's just not necessary.........seriously, don't take him seriously, as if u don't know him by now.

If I posted everytime I was tired of hearing the same old posts by others on this site, I guess I'd be posting a lot more often.

Example of a same old post heard hundreds of times now....."don't ride like bikeslut".

Others on this site are guilty of violating certain forum rules, but nobody bitches about them because they are all friends.

Get over it people!!

Marc Marquez won the CoTA Moto GP on a Repsol. Rookie. youngest ever, beat Freddie Spencer's youngest rider to win record, Freddie won all his races on a Rothmans. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

I like Barcia, I even posted a pic of him at Daytona in the Kawee pic thread here. He has some raw potential and he's young but he's also DNFed a few races so he needs to get more consistent (it has been a knock against him for a while). Maybe he'll oneday bring Honda the championship they desperately need (and I say this as a guy who has owned more Hondas than any other brand bike - 4 hondas, 3 suzukis, 1 yamaha and 1 ktm). As far as him leaving Honda, Big Red has been sponsoring him for a long long time (not that history matters in today's industry unfortunately) so I doubt he would change in the near future.

AMA Supercross:

450F - Honda has yet to win a AMA Premier Class Supercross title in the 4stroke era (their last premier sx championship was Carmichael in 2003 on a two stroke CR250). Suzuki has 2 SX 450 championships, Yamahas 3, Kawasaki has 3 going on 4.

250F West - Honda 1, Yamaha 1, Suzuki 1, Kawasaki 6.

250F East - Honda 4, Kawasaki 4

AMA Motocross

450F - In AMA Motocross, Honda has only won one 450 title in the 4stroke era - Carmichael in 2004 on a CRF450R. - Honda 1, Yamaha 1, KTM 1, Kawasaki 2 and Suzuki 4.

250F - Honda 1, Suzuki 1, Kawasaki 7

I'm looking forward to the next race! Its cool to see that we have some race fans on SDAR.

I would really like to know if Poto's KX had the regular springs put back in the forks or if they stuck with the air forks. That bike was a mess at the beginning of the season and would not turn, now it seems to be working for him again.....

I would really like to know if Poto's KX had the regular springs put back in the forks or if they stuck with the air forks. That bike was a mess at the beginning of the season and would not turn, now it seems to be working for him again.....

good question... Kawasaki probably spent a lot of money on those forks, it would be a shame to have them not work

Racing improves the bikes, but they also race to "win on Sunday, sell on Monday"... this was going to be the reason for people to upgrade their current bike...

Yamaha's reverse engine probably ended up backfiring too... brand new bike with radical engine design... James Stewart can't win on it... switches brands... D'OH :blush:

250F West - Honda 1, Yamaha 1, Suzuki 1, Kawasaki 6.

250F East - Honda 4, Kawasaki 4

Pro Circuit has OWNED the 250 class for a while (until this year)

They had great bikes, recruited and paid the best riders, and spared NO expense to win races... How many times in the previous years did we see entire Pro-Circuit podiums?

They look the same on the outside but......................

I know the answer but am not allowed to say anything either way. It honestly doesn't really matter to 99% of us anyways just a marketing tool. Ktm also has the air shock concept back on the table but we saw what happened there as well.

You need to get over the HaveNots of not owning a KTM.

Quit being a Douche X2

Lame statement!

They look the same on the outside but......................

I know the answer but am not allowed to say anything either way. It honestly doesn't really matter to 99% of us anyways just a marketing tool. Ktm also has the air shock concept back on the table but we saw what happened there as well.

You're not allowed to "say" anything...are you allowed to "imply" or "hint" or "suggest"?

As an avid race fan of all types of motorsport. Number of Wins however impressive, really doesnt count.

It's who takes home the Championship Crown at the end of the season that racing history remembers (fact).

PS Like him (I do he's a real character) or not Barcia is MX/SX excitement and risk at the highest level, he's good for the sport and great for the fans.

As an avid race fan of all types of motorsport. Number of Wins however impressive, really doesnt count.

It's who takes home the Championship Crown at the end of the season that racing history remembers (fact).

PS Like him (I do he's a real character) or not Barcia is MX/SX excitement and risk at the highest level, he's good for the sport and great for the fans.

In the long term, history will remember the champions and the competition that made them champions (in my opinion... for instance... Lakers/Celtics mid 80s... Bird vs Magic... the rivalry helped them define each other)

Running away with the title is great, but if the winner is lapping the field, you'll always hear about the impressive number of wins and assume they had no competitors (aka Dungey last year)

Barcia's "let it all hang out" style is great to watch, and whether or not he wins the championship this year (or any year) the fans will remember him by watching him race

Nice to see Honda on the box, and I totally mean that. I'm ready for a Yamaha win too