Slaugo

ABDSP/OcWells April 6, 2013

Head out and explore some more ground. Anyone interested?

No duty today? still early but I haven't heard back from FuzzyNugs about tomorrow and Saturday a friend just hit me up to use my X for Fish Creek. If I can it would be a good two dayer with an over night. Not sure where you are looking to go.

I'll be camped by the railroad track road east of Split Mountain Friday night 'til Sunday afternoon.

I'll be camped by the railroad track road east of Split Mountain Friday night 'til Sunday afternoon.

Swore I saw you guys ride past us last weekend......honked at you on Sunday when we were leaving while you were at the store on 78 and Split Mtn.

Swore I saw you guys ride past us last weekend......honked at you on Sunday when we were leaving while you were at the store on 78 and Split Mtn.

Yep, definitely us!

No duty today? still early but I haven't heard back from FuzzyNugs about tomorrow and Saturday a friend just hit me up to use my X for Fish Creek. If I can it would be a good two dayer with an over night. Not sure where you are looking to go.

At court now. No selection for me yet. And I was looking at the schedule. I might be abel to ride tomorrow also. What are you exact plans HVYWT? I mean within reason, what is your time frame.

Cool, thats a long road....LOL will you be on the BLM lannd of OcWells south of Split Mt RD but north of Trestles? Will you have spare fuel to sell if need be? You tenting? You riding out?

I cant afford to truck my bike out....

Cool, thats a long road....LOL will you be on the BLM lannd of OcWells south of Split Mt RD but north of Trestles? Will you have spare fuel to sell if need be? You tenting? You riding out?

Yep, I'll be out on the BLM land tenting it with a bunch of friends. Taking my big red Toyota 4x4, Dlichterman's grey Tundra will be there as well. Bringing 15 gallons so I'll have plenty to spare, if you stop by the camp and I'm not there just tell the people who are that you know Andy/Wintyfresh and you're welcome to some of my gas.

Yep, I'll be out on the BLM land tenting it with a bunch of friends. Taking my big red Toyota 4x4, Dlichterman's grey Tundra will be there as well. Bringing 15 gallons so I'll have plenty to spare, if you stop by the camp and I'm not there just tell the people who are that you know Andy/Wintyfresh and you're welcome to some of my gas.

Cool, you all taking guns? Do your friends have good aim?.........how much riding do you plan on doing? And if youre doing a large ride will it be on Sat? Def, stop by if when I go out there. But I'm waiting to see who all wants to go. And or ride out from La Mesa area.

Cool, you all taking guns? Do your friends have good aim?.........how much riding do you plan on doing? And if youre doing a large ride will it be on Sat? Def, stop by if when I go out there. But I'm waiting to see who all wants to go. And or ride out from La Mesa area.

Yep, we'll be shooting. Depends on the friend, but they'll all be shooting on the other side of the railroad tracks. I'll be doing a fair amount of riding both days. Probably going to lead a trip into Fish Creek for the people that haven't been and hike up to the wind caves on Saturday, then either later that day or Sunday I want to head over to Superstition since I haven't been all year. We're doing a potluck-style dinner Saturday night, you're welcome to grab a bag of chips or something at the Split Mountain store and join us if you'll be around in the evening.

At court now. No selection for me yet. And I was looking at the schedule. I might be abel to ride tomorrow also. What are you exact plans HVYWT? I mean within reason, what is your time frame.

Talked to FuzzyNugs a few hours ago , going to finalize this evening , but as now looking like meeting up 9ish Friday here.

He told me about Wintyfresh is doing and now I see. So I got you PM I will also bring gas and have room to carry stuff.

F/N sounded like he is up for staying also. Now I should talk to Wintyfresh to see about staying by them.

Safety in numbers . You never know there might be Jeeps out there.

Slaugo:

Looks like a go, was able to talk with Wintyfresh . He said Daniel would get there before him, but he should be heading out about 4.

When I talked with F/N we thought we could run to Salton Sea for the first ride. I think we are grabbing lunch or a least something to drink.

Tonight I'll update about 9:00 or so.

So if there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Slaugo:

Looks like a go, was able to talk with Wintyfresh . He said Daniel would get there before him, but he should be heading out about 4.

When I talked with F/N we thought we could run to Salton Sea for the first ride. I think we are grabbing lunch or a least something to drink.

Tonight I'll update about 9:00 or so.

So if there is anything I can do for you let me know.

I should be heading out there in mid-afternoon(maybe arrive around 4-5) so you can look for my Tundra with the 4ft firestik on it and my red CRF230L:

8521886791_e8a763fe83_c.jpg

Edit: I can monitor a ham or CB frequency too if you'd like

Winty, if you are camping out starting Friday night, then I might as well just load up my 4Runner with bike and camping gear and stay both nights. I'll ride with HVYWT tomorrow, and then meet you guys down split mountain when we are done. HVYWT, if Slaugo can make it to Ramona he can take my spot on your trailer. I'll just hitch haul my bike. This sound like a good plan?

Winty, if you are camping out starting Friday night, then I might as well just load up my 4Runner with bike and camping gear and stay both nights. I'll ride with HVYWT tomorrow, and then meet you guys down split mountain when we are done. HVYWT, if Slaugo can make it to Ramona he can take my spot on your trailer. I'll just hitch haul my bike. This sound like a good plan?

Cool, but riding out is half the fun for me. Otherwise Id bring my 450 and haul it out. I was just planning on Saturday till I saw the camping post and since my Friday should be opening up I thought about spending the night. Just don’t want to haul a tent, fuel and food and of course beer out on my bike and have the weight take out the fun on the way there.

If anyone has room for my tent, very small cooler and some fuel I could drop it by tomorrow morning. If not no worries.

And there is another option, my toybox is at the Blue Inn at Ocotillo Wells. I’m down for tenting, but since I’ll be biking out if anyone has a vehicle that can haul a 7000 pound toy box a few miles everyone is welcome to use it.

But one way or another I’ll be looking for yous all around Split Mountain Friday or Saturday. I’ll post up once I get something situated with Jury duty and or work.

I’d like to do the fish creek run and superstition also.

if i'm not hauling a ton of weight, i'm looking for someone to ride out with over otay mt through the border fence run past tecate through corral, kernin buckman to PV and then Jullian to the S2 over to Split MT to meet up. can do it prolly friday or early, early dark thirty Sat. HMU

I'd be willing to haul stuff for ya halfway, but I'll be coming from Oceanside-Ramona-Julian direction. If you can take the northern route then we'll be good, otherwise hopefully someone else will chime in late minute to join in on the action. I'd drag the toy hauler, but my class 3 hitch(4Runner) is only good for 5000lbs/500 tongue weight. Someone else may have a beefier truck out there though. Worst case, sounds like we'll meet up with ya Sat regardless.

If your headed out sat morning I would like to tag along for the ride out. I have to be back home by 12:00 pm so I would be a short timer, I just need my fix. :rolleyes: I'm up for an early start.

P.s. I'm sumo style right now so I'll be slower in the rock gardens :blush:

"if i'm not hauling a ton of weight, i'm looking for someone to ride out with over otay mt through the border fence run past tecate through corral, kernin buckman to PV and then Jullian to the S2 over to Split MT to meet up. can do it prolly friday or early, early dark thirty Sat. HMU"

slaugo- that sat morning o dark thirty has my name on it!

Nugs are you camping out there saturday night too? Im free after 1pm sat and could ride out then

"if i'm not hauling a ton of weight, i'm looking for someone to ride out with over otay mt through the border fence run past tecate through corral, kernin buckman to PV and then Jullian to the S2 over to Split MT to meet up. can do it prolly friday or early, early dark thirty Sat. HMU"

slaugo- that sat morning o dark thirty has my name on it!

Cool, as soon as i know I'll let you know. I'm doing a day trip at the least. Really dont want to haul my gear out there. But if it works out I could spend fri or sat night out there. Just need to ride..Right!

Nugs are you camping out there saturday night too? Im free after 1pm sat and could ride out then

Bummer you cant get free, till later Saturday. But if it works out you wanna hual my tent out there?:rolleyes:/>

And can I borrow your tire Irons tonight. I might have to put some used knobbies on tonight.

I'd be willing to haul stuff for ya halfway, but I'll be coming from Oceanside-Ramona-Julian direction. If you can take the northern route then we'll be good, otherwise hopefully someone else will chime in late minute to join in on the action. I'd drag the toy hauler, but my class 3 hitch(4Runner) is only good for 5000lbs/500 tongue weight. Someone else may have a beefier truck out there though. Worst case, sounds like we'll meet up with ya Sat regardless.

Trailer doesnt need to go anywhere unless peeps want a bed to sleep on. It's warm enough to tent it nowadays. Thanks for the offer. I'm sure someone that lives in La Mesa will chime in and haul my tent, sleeping bag and cooler out there.......:heh:/>

Hey Wintyfresh and Daniel, didn't i ride with yous on the Otay Mt ride about a month or so ago? i think I remember now.

Bummer you cant get free, till later Saturday. But if it works out you wanna hual my tent out there?:rolleyes:/>/>/>

And can I borrow your tire Irons tonight. I might have to put some used knobbies on tonight.

Yes and yes. I probably wont be taking any hard trail there so 2 tents behind me should be ok unless yours is a 6 person super dome...

i can bring the irons after 8, i ll text you then