kato

12v power socket

Does anyone know a local store carrying 12v cigaret lighter plugs thingies for the bike? Preferably the marine kind (waterproof)

Does anyone know a local store carrying 12v cigaret lighter plugs thingies for the bike? Preferably the marine kind (waterproof)

I bought mine at Pep Boys. Marine socket with a spring loaded cover that seals real nice.

Most large Auto parts stores should have one. I just got mine from AutoZone. You might want to get an inline fuse holder also if it doesn't come with one.

I got mine from cycle gear, $10, thick wiring, rubber cover, but no fuse. I'll have to splice one in today or tomorrow.

Ok cool, thanks! Cycle gear is a bit far but i did check @ pepboys when i picked up a bulb yesterday, but obviously not good enough

I wired a battery tender pigtail to the battery (it has an in-line fuse), then went to O'Reily Auto Parts and bought a 12V socket that is designed to plug into a trailer wiring pigtail. The picture shows a USB adapter plugged into the socket. Rated 7 amps.

post-14080-072251600 1358644550_thumb.jp

That is the best idea i have read on this tread, good idea, because I leave my adapter under the seat so when the bike is siting I can just pug it in. Now I can use the adapter for a quick plug in for a 12v socket, This is a winner!!!

I wired a battery tender pigtail to the battery (it has an in-line fuse), then went to O'Reily Auto Parts and bought a 12V socket that is designed to plug into a trailer wiring pigtail. The picture shows a USB adapter plugged into the socket. Rated 7 amps.

post-14080-072251600 1358644550_thumb.jp

got the 12v socket from cycle gear installed today, thanks everyone for the advices. my bike had a spare/unused wire by the headlight (that are for an extra light for the european models) so didn't even need any fuse, easy job.

and that usb adapter is definitely sexy tsr! just found a similar thing on ebay and got two of them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-2-Port-USB-Mini-Bullet-Car-Power-Charger-Adapter-12V-f-iPad2-3-iPhone4-iPod-/321046338551