I may have a few more possible riders going along. My wife may only ride on the easiest stuff but that's ok by me. I'm just glad that she is interested in going at all!

I may have a few more possible riders going along. My wife may only ride on the easiest stuff but that's ok by me. I'm just glad that she is interested in going at all!

it will all be easy... the only trails we will ride will have a paved, or fireroad, bypass (Spur, 1 and 2)

The other rider I am bringing is on his pristeen DRZ and he doesn't want to drop it yet. He has ridden Lark area, Otay, so i want to introduce him to Corral... then... next week... STAGECOACH :torch:

Kato- it won't be that cold

you can take Mission Gorge as far as you'd like, then get on Olde 80 the rest of the way.

at East Willows, you'll have to get on the freeway for about 10 miles, then you can wrap around on 79 to Pine Valley, or, take Viejas Grade into Descanso, and then 79 to old 80

cool, as long as i don't encounter patches of ice on the road it'll be fun. what about this, think it'll work? http://goo.gl/maps/xMpYH

Kato- it won't be that cold

you can take Mission Gorge as far as you'd like, then get on Olde 80 the rest of the way.

at East Willows, you'll have to get on the freeway for about 10 miles, then you can wrap around on 79 to Pine Valley, or, take Viejas Grade into Descanso, and then 79 to old 80

cool, as long as i don't encounter patches of ice on the road it'll be fun. what about this, think it'll work? http://goo.gl/maps/xMpYH

perfect

If I can get something done here on Saturday, I'll be there.

I think I'll bring the DRZ out and play. Testing out the new FCR flat slide pumper carb.

Dennis

Kato - I you want we can ride up together taking back roads from El Cajon.

Yes cool! I live right by grossmont college let me know where you want to meet, around 6 or 6:30 im guessing if we take back roads?

Another new development is my girls are sick so we pushed thebday party to next sunday, so i can ride all day tomorrow now

Another new development is my girls are sick so we pushed thebday party to next sunday, so i can ride all day tomorrow now

Coincidence?

Je ne sais pas.

Guest Crusty

I will be meeting 12 riders at 9:30 at Four Corners on Sunday 1- 20- 2013

Cristina will be riding from Four Corners also.ph34r.gif

Craig.

In..bike prepped..radio charged...

8 @ four corners...

Is that the first place to stop/park... By where kernan crosses the main road? As I write that I believe that is "cross roads".... Is 4 corners the large parking area?

Should I get a pass?

8 @ four corners...

Is that the first place to stop/park... By where kernan crosses the main road? As I write that I believe that is "cross roads".... Is 4 corners the large parking area?

Should I get a pass?

Oh yeah, good question. Do we need an Adventure Pass to park at 4 Corners?

1358633521[/url]' post='142603']
1358632108[/url]' post='142602']

8 @ four corners...

Should I get a pass?

Oh yeah, good question. Do we need an Adventure Pass to park at 4 Corners?

Yes. Check your expiry date, too.

only to park or to ride as well?

only to park or to ride as well?

technically you are supposed to have a sticker or tag on your vehicle if you "stop to recreate"... so... if you get off the bike to recreate, your bike should have a sticker, but don't worry about it. They will assume your vehicle back at Four Corners, Crossroads, etc. will have a sticker.

crusty- are you really meeting 13 people there? or is that just a derail the thread post?

Looking like a go here, will have the wife and the neighbor along with another possible coming too.

Guest Crusty

I will be meeting 12 riders at 9:30 at Four Corners on Sunday 1- 20- 2013

Cristina will be riding from Four Corners also.ph34r.gif

Craig. party.gif

Yes cool! I live right by grossmont college let me know where you want to meet, around 6 or 6:30 im guessing if we take back roads?

Alright, why don't we meet at the Mobil station on Jamacha road, right across from Cuyamaca College. If we stay on paved state highways it will be about 1.5 hr ride, so we should be ready to leave by 6:20. Cool? You still have my #, right?

Ok- looking forward to seeing a lot of you tomorrow- I plan on being there a bit early but will be back @ 4 corners by 8

Since this is a noob ride, let me make a few comments before I forget-

Its dirt- don't grab a handful of front brake, or you'll biff. Nice mix of front and rear brake, depending on soil conditions, and other trail factors

Stop at each intersection to make sure the person behind you makes the turn

Ride YOUR speed- we'd rather wait for you than wait for a helicopter- don't feel pressured to ride anything...if you can't ride a small section, we'll help you through. If the trail is too hard we'll turn around

When it gets rough- stand up and get weight on the pegs (none of this tomorrow)

No sand tomorrow either

Feel free to ask me, hodnett, Wil, or tntmo any questions you may have...we'll do our best to answer

Craig- if you are riding singletrack, christina is welcome to ride with us

See you there! Truck is loaded and bike is ready.

See you there! Truck is loaded and bike is ready.

Ditto!

ok guys im going.

im gonna leave in about 10 and gonna stop in pine valley for gas

i should make it to four corners by 8

Bikeslut and others you guys can always park in front of MEUSD in the "bus circle" and ride the last mile to the turn off for Carral, no pass required.