SCHWINN

Passport questions here.....

Where to go for a passport in North County?

Whats it cost?

How long does it take?

I missed the lobster run and now it looks like I want to do Mikes.

Where to go for a passport in North County?

Whats it cost?

How long does it take?

I missed the lobster run and now it looks like I want to do Mikes.

Post office in San Marcos does them. You need to set an appointment. You can do it online too but I think thats more of a hassle, at least it was when I got mine.

Its right around 75 bucks if I remember right and takes 4 or 5 weeks. You can pay a little more and get it expedited. They have little cards now that fit in your wallet that make it easier for a few more bucks as well.

You can apply for one at the post office on Mission in Escondido. I think they go for around 100 dollars. There might be other small fees.

Schwinn you can get the Passport Card which would be quicker and cheaper but it only allows you to travel by land or sea to Mexico/Canada. Depends on what you're looking for but this isn't a bad option if you're simply looking to ride Mex. Now if you want to fly to Cancun, you'd have to get the actual Passport.

Before you go to the Post Office, read this link from BajaBound. I hope that helps!

ps - get the card soon and I'll post a Puerto Nuevo Lobster Run!

Schwinn you can get the Passport Card which would be quicker and cheaper but it only allows you to travel by land or sea to Mexico/Canada. Depends on what you're looking for but this isn't a bad option if you're simply looking to ride Mex. Now if you want to fly to Cancun, you'd have to get the actual Passport.

Before you go to the Post Office, read this link from BajaBound. I hope that helps!

ps - get the card soon and I'll post a Puerto Nuevo Lobster Run!

This is the help I was looking for since I didn't know what I was looking for.haha

Yes I just need the quikie for Mex adventures.

Steve- I got mine in less than 2 weeks w/ expedited shipping online.

You can get same day passport service at the downtown SD office w/an appt.

Immediate Passport for travel less than 5 days (doccumentation recommended but others have just stated they had upcoming travel).

5 Day (from appt) Passport.

Just have to make the appt.

http://travel.state....ncies_5393.html

The border will let you through with two (2) forms of U.S. ID but sometimes its a hassle, sometimes its not. I had a guy (MIL) come through w/just a MIL ID and no passport or DL (he got jacked) and it took quite a while for him (solo) to get through. He is Latino though so that may have slowed things down for him :-)

Great question Schwinn as I'm in the same boat and want to do the BMW Baja group ride to get my first taste of Mexico.

Think I'll try to get my photo done today or tomorrow and will most likely do the expedited option.

I took my 20 year out of date passport to the lobster run, the customs agent said "citizen ship is one thing that doesn't expire", put me right thru.

You can also get thru with birth cert and drivers license.

Just my experience. What are they going to do, not let you come home?

I took my 20 year out of date passport to the lobster run, the customs agent said "citizen ship is one thing that doesn't expire", put me right thru.

You can also get thru with birth cert and drivers license.

Also on the Lobster run they passed my 17yo son right on through with his birth cert and drivers license on a bike with no plate and registered to me.

I accidentally went through Tecate with my expired passport and he commented on the photo which is how I realized my mistake. He didn't have a problem with it but I think it depends on how they are feeling when you come through. I always carry a photo copy, just in case something happens to the original.

Detain you for a long period of time- hours at a checkpoint?

Not fun.