Goofy Footer

Halloween Hangover nOOb Ride

Halloween Hangover nOOb Ride - Nov 4, 2012

tntmo and I would like to organize another nOOb ride. If you're new to ridingBring your family and friends, lets make this a fun day!

Meet at Packards Coffee Shop in Ramona at 8:30 and kickstands UP and bikes Rolling at 9:00!

post-14322-080462200 1350849878_thumb.jp

Terrain: Fire-roads. All two track jeep trails. A 2wd vehicle with fair ground clearance can drive all these trails. There may be a water crossing along Boulder Creek Rd. We will cross this appropriately. Huge Tip: Roll through and you can make it. Do not hit the throttle. I am willing to help ride or walk bikes across if needed.

Pace: Beginner friendly (I'll most likely be riding a TW200 so I won't be going all that fast)

Route: Starting in Ramona we will head through Black Canyon towards Mesa Grande, take Mesa Grande towards Santa Isabel and then to Julian. From Julian we shall ride south along Boulder Creek and Vejas Grade into Alpine for lunch at Alpine Brewery. From there, we can reverse track back (and take the Cedar Creek Connector if open to Eagle Peak) north. I WILL POST GPS ROUTES

Groups: The last nOOb ride had a great turnout. With another big turnout, we'll split into Two Groups: Fast and Casual. tntmo and I will be leading and sweeping the Casual Group.

The Ride:

IMG8738-L.jpg

IMG8742-L.jpg

pics stolen from Randy's recent ride report

IMG8741-L.jpg

The Brewery:

8e39abd276250d5f8a4b337e08b0696e.jpg

Post Up if you're interested or have Any questions. tntmo and I look forward to seeing YOU on the trail!

My wife will be riding once again, I'm trying my best to get her involved in dual sport riding. Ladies, get out here and make her feel welcome!

This should be a nice beginner ride. I will be on my supermoto once again, so the terrain is not challenging but the scenery will be nice.

I will try to make this...would love to encourage the wives to get out and ride more!!....

(pending a prior commitment I made to host/drive around a fellow out of town riders' daughter who will be here that weekend visiting a college....if she doesn't need me that day, I'll join you)...should know the week before....

Thanks alot for organizing...

I will try to make this... Got a new bike to try out. This bike,, I can ride to the start of the ride, sweet! Do not ask me what it is, I do not want to reveal the greatness. It will show up and allow others to bask in the warmth of its glory on Nov 4th. LOL

I will try to make this... Got a new bike to try out. This bike,, I can ride to the start of the ride, sweet! Do not ask me what it is, I do not want to reveal the greatness. It will show up and allow others to bask in the warmth of its glory on Nov 4th. LOL

You wasted no time apparently Ian.....I just talked with you a few days ago.....Congrats whatever it is! any chance we can meet your lady friend that day? :coolio:

*cough* KLR *cough*

Let me ride the drz! Ill crash as little as possible I swear!

I've got an awesome NX250 that you can ride. Feel free to crash as much as you'd like.

Man I **SO** want to go on this ride. I've been waiting for the perfect ride to meet some of you fellow riders. It's my 40th Bday weekend and the Wifey said we have plans all weekend so I'm stuck with calling in "sick" on Friday and taking my 3 wheeler up to Otay TT. Also don't forget the time change that weekend :)

post-14948-010619200 1350996922_thumb.jp

:huh: bummer, I want to go....

I went to the doctor yesterday, had another x-ray. I asked the Doc... So you think I can ride by Nov 4? after a slight chuckle, came the word... No :mellow:

Collar bone update... still separated, but getting closer... waiting another 3 weeks, then another x-ray, and we'll see again.

Left x-ray done 10/22

right x-ray done 10/8

I may show up for coffee in Ramona to say Hi ....

post-15067-072793900 1351016101_thumb.jp

Is everything Weestrom(Vstrom 650) friendly? I'm not a noob to the dirt, but definitely am on the big bike. Would like to go out and get it dirty.

No plans that weekend, so I plan on going.

Goofy, thanks for organizing another ride.

I went to the doctor yesterday, had another x-ray. I asked the Doc... So you think I can ride by Nov 4? after a slight chuckle, came the word... No :mellow:

Collar bone update... still separated, but getting closer... waiting another 3 weeks, then another x-ray, and we'll see again.

Left x-ray done 10/22

right x-ray done 10/8

pictures of your chest? What do you think this is? ADVrider? :heh:

Heed Drs orders, and you'll be out breaking more bones before you know it

"I've got an awesome NX250 that you can ride. Feel free to crash as much as you'd like."

there is no way on earth im going anywhere near that cursed mutantbike

Is everything Weestrom(Vstrom 650) friendly? I'm not a noob to the dirt, but definitely am on the big bike. Would like to go out and get it dirty.

100% friendly for the Strom. See you there!

No problem for a weeee!

I'm in on the 9 fity - you have me at beer.....

I'm in. I have parts on order for next week, so hopefully they make it in time. Looking forward to finally meeting some of you. Had to deal with a broken foot for the last few months. Does anyone have a mileage estimate for the route though?

Guessing 60ish - you can get gas in Santa Ysabel or at the the end of Boulder Creek in Descanso before we hit Viejas Grade Rd

My wife will be riding once again, I'm trying my best to get her involved in dual sport riding. Ladies, get out here and make her feel welcome!

This should be a nice beginner ride. I will be on my supermoto once again, so the terrain is not challenging but the scenery will be nice.

Excellent! I'll bring my lady, urrr bboyle9 for this ride. Families are 100% welcome. If you're on the fence, get off it, jump on a bike and come on this ride!

I will try to make this...would love to encourage the wives to get out and ride more!!....

(pending a prior commitment I made to host/drive around a fellow out of town riders' daughter who will be here that weekend visiting a college....if she doesn't need me that day, I'll join you)...should know the week before....

Thanks alot for organizing...

Keep us posted Deb!

Looks like fun. Hopefully I'll be off work and can make it.

Charlie

Keep us posted Charlie!

Uh oh.... "greatness" you say... I'll see YOU at the meeting point Ian!

A cruise and a brew... Count me in.

Its a hard to beat combo. You can ride from North County into Ramona and make a great loop of the day.

Let me ride the drz! Ill crash as little as possible I swear!

Didn't know they spelled DRZ with the letters N.X.2.5.0....

Man I **SO** want to go on this ride. I've been waiting for the perfect ride to meet some of you fellow riders. It's my 40th Bday weekend and the Wifey said we have plans all weekend so I'm stuck with calling in "sick" on Friday and taking my 3 wheeler up to Otay TT. Also don't forget the time change that weekend :)

Happy 40th! Well, see what magic you can pull for that morning... You could bail at lunch and head home.

Left x-ray done 10/22

right x-ray done 10/8

Don't push the recovery, there will be many more miles of smiles in due time. Stop by for coffee if you can!