Strega

D37's LA / Barstow / Vegas Dual-Sport ONLINE Registration

Super excited about this ride!

I'd be into a SDAR riding group.

I don't know anyone who is doing it personally.

I'm an intermediate rider.

Riding KTM 525 exc

AGE-36

I have also posted over at the D37 website under dualsport- riding buddies needed.

Thanks!

Signed up with a buddy last night.

He's done the ride before, but first time for me.

Spent the afternoon prepping gear.

Come on Thanksgiving!

I'm looking for some people to ride with as well. A slow to intermediate pace is what I'd like. Is anyone else riding to and from the event? As Crawdaddy suggested above, I may try to find a way back that cuts through Joshua Tree NP as I've never been through it. Radios would be nice to have and Afry is running a pretty nice and frugal setup he found on eBay.

..and the bike prep continues.

Thanks!

I would love to have a group of SDAR riders! How many of us are there gonna be?

If we have enough we could split into smaller groups to keep it manageable if necessary.

Have got a radio and will have a chase vehicle also with radio. Who's in?!

Kirk.

1352182997[/url]' post='136858']

Radios would be nice to have and Afry is running a pretty nice and frugal setup he found on eBay.

Frugal? That's code for cheap bastard...lol. Yes - Baofeng UV-5R - I bought on fleabay for $45 delivered BUT it takes a couple weeks from China. Also got the helmet kit for $25 which works well up to about 45 mph depending on your helmet noise. Look for a noise canceling one but at that price I doubt it really is. Then I found a floppy antenna for $3. They use Kenwood compatible connectors which is good to know when shopping for the helmet kit.

These are full Ham/GMRS and FRS capable radios with 4 watts. To be 100% legal you must have the proper license to transmit on gmrs or ham. Reality is we do not use repeaters - we use simplex transmissions between riders. Proper training and license would be handy in an emergency to call for help usng a repeater for greater distance coverage.

Thanks for chiming in Afry. I'm about to punch the ticket on the newest version of your radio on Amazon for $58 and free shipping. They also have yours for $43. Programming cable is $11 and now I'm looking for a nice handlebar PTT headset and external antenna.

UV-5R+

Anyone have suggestions for helmet and handlebar setup?

Anyone have suggestions for helmet and handlebar setup?

Please move your radio setup and purchase posts to another thread. There is a thread in the equipment forum about radios.

Thanks, now back to the LA_B_V thread.

Been pretty quiet... Anybody still looking for a riding partner?

Intermediate rider

Moderate-Fast pace

520 EXC

Would prefer hard routes

Ate 58 Two 43- Five 087

Fairly experienced Dual Sporter with some tools/stuff/gps/roll chart exp and a radio and should have a chase vehicle with radio as well

Anyone....?

Kirk.

AT- I think you and I may line up well.

I have a riding partner not on this website that will challenge us- but I want to try to keep up with him to make the town before sunse.

Email if interested.

bacchussd at gmail.com

See ya in Sandy Valley on Sat and/or the banquet on Sat night....

The girl bike got outfitted with a new dress and shoes for the LAB2V Prom Thingie..... :girl_devil::laughingsmiley:

IMAG1390-1.jpg

Looks great Crawdaddy. Really like your custom logos for your bikes.

Atckirk and bacchussd, I will need a group to ride with, but I'm not sure exactly who all else needs a riding group. I'm at the slow to medium pace now. I can keep up on most stuff, but anything super technical may slow me and the fat pig-bike down. Especially If I become fatigued picking it up. I'd rather avoid that and keep riding, but finishing is a must.

Anyone else looking to to group up? Let's see what speeds and riding styles we have here as the days wind down. I'm riding up Thursday from Oceanside, anyone else riding that way and want to ride together would be great.

Looks great Crawdaddy. Really like your custom logos for your bikes.

Thanks

I send the artwork to these guys - http://graphicmx.com/

Marsden Linder is the owner - Info@graphicmx.com

See ya in Sandy Valley on Sat and/or the banquet on Sat night....

The girl bike got outfitted with a new dress and shoes for the LAB2V Prom Thingie..... :girl_devil::laughingsmiley:

IMAG1390-1.jpg

Still, in it's heart, a blue bike.

Still, in it's heart, a blue bike.

Yep, blue hubs, GPR and a few other accents

May go back to blue plastics again down the line.....I think the CORE logo jumps better off the Yamaha blue

The girl bike got outfitted with a new dress and shoes for the LAB2V Prom Thingie..... girl_devil.giflaughingsmiley.gif

IMAG1390-1.jpg

That there looks like a smokin hot Baltic Girl! Tiny, light, nimble and MEAN!

Bumped my noggin' playing at work so out on this (which would have been my damn first!). Best wishes to all and have fun. Nuggs, was gonna rideup and back as well, should've PM'd you but have fun!

Im doing my last pre ride tomarrow Monday before LABV. Breakin in sum newish gear and testing out the weight of my gear! I've added to my tool kit and trail supplies. Local ride PV, or CC Easy pace not to tec. All welcome! PM me 830 or 900. Im riding the LABV solo but would't mind hooking up with 1 or 2 other riders. Cheers Brando. :torch:

I don't know anyone who is doing it personally.

I'm an intermediate rider.

Riding KTM 525 exc

AGE-36

I have also posted over at the D37 website under dualsport- riding buddies needed.

Thanks!

Will you be riding with atckirk as well? Might I join you?

I have a riding partner not on this website that will challenge us- but I want to try to keep up with him to make the town before sunse.

Email if interested.

bacchussd at gmail.com

Bacchussd sounds good! I've tried to email but no response. Give me a call 858 xxx 5087 or xxxxx@cox.net

FuzzyNuggs I'm concerned with time on this long of a ride and a slow-med pace. I'd prefer to stay in the med-fast range so as to avoid pavement bailouts to stay ahead of the darkness. There are a few folks at district37ama.com in the "I Need a Riding Buddy for LAB2V" thread that are riding big bikes at a more leisurely pace that you'd probably mesh well with if nobody else shows up here.

Kirk.

Email if interested.

bacchussd at gmail.com

Bacchussd sounds good! I've tried to email but no response. Give me a call 858 243 5087 or kirkr@cox.net

FuzzyNuggs I'm concerned with time on this long of a ride and a slow-med pace. I'd prefer to stay in the med-fast range so as to avoid pavement bailouts to stay ahead of the darkness. There are a few folks at district37ama.com in the "I Need a Riding Buddy for LAB2V" thread that are riding big bikes at a more leisurely pace that you'd probably mesh well with if nobody else shows up here.

Kirk.

Sounds good Kirk, I'll check it out. You are right in that I don't want to be the one holding others up. Thanks.