Was this all street, or a mix ?

I don't have anything but my Driver's License....do we need more to cross the border back into US ?

Have you picked a date yet? A California drivers license works. Depends on who you get at the crossing as to how long it will take. Last several times my nephew crossed, he had only a CDL and they didn't look twice.

Guest Crusty

Nope. I'd eagerly accept it though.

Oops sent them to stevo dvo.I will try tonite later.

Can you send it to me also PLEASE at hammonconstruction@yahoo.com

I don't have anything but my Driver's License....do we need more to cross the border back into US ?

Mix-street then

Some rocky coby jeep rd.not too bad on a small bike.

"Some rocky coby jeep rd.not too bad on a small bike."

unsure.gifunsure.giflaugh.gifEasy for Ken to say

I sent the track to Crusty -----enjoy guys !

I'd love to do it some weekend in late May or June.

Guest Crusty

Thank you Ken!!coolio.gif

How about this Sunday Randy?

1337110771[/url]' post='127774']

If you are BORN in the USA you can get away with a driver license to enter back the USA at least twice before the give you headache and send you back to the secondary for more scrutiny.Remember if you don't have already a passport and thinking of getting one make sure you get a passport card also I don't have one because when I renewed my USA passport they were not available my wife and my daughter all have it and it really comes in handy when you are going south and fits in your wallet, cost I believe is under 30 dollars for it.Next week I am taking my son to renew his passport because my family is leaving for the summer vacation and I will apply for one at the same time.

1337177737[/url]' post='127812']
1337142120[/url]' post='127800']

Thank you Ken!!coolio.gif

How about this Sunday Randy?

Avoid this track on the weekends as there is a lot of traffic which in my book is always a recipe for accident when you mix alcohol ask ken when we went it was a Sunday and they were a way too many people riding fast and crazy.

Have you picked a date yet? A California drivers license works. Depends on who you get at the crossing as to how long it will take. Last several times my nephew crossed, he had only a CDL and they didn't look twice.

When was that? Be very careful with this. I wouldn't go without a passport or card but unless you go alot the card isn't worth the money imho. Technically you need a visa - they are now requiring this for daily fishing trips into Mx waters but this is a political deal on the water.

When was that? Be very careful with this. I wouldn't go without a passport or card but unless you go alot the card isn't worth the money imho. Technically you need a visa - they are now requiring this for daily fishing trips into Mx waters but this is a political deal on the water.

You are right, it is best to be careful. I have never been asked by Mexican authorities to see my passport but I do carry one. Visa's for entry into Mexico (norte baja) are not required if your travel and stay is going to be under 72 hours. On the water seems to be a different story.

Make sure you carry bike registration as they sometimes check that at the border crossing going into Mexico. I got kicked out of Mexico for no bike registration and after correcting that and having a good time in Baja I was kicked out of the US because I got into the Century lane by mistake. No one wanted me.

[

Avoid this track on the weekends as there is a lot of traffic which in my book is always a recipe for accident when you mix alcohol ask ken when we went it was a Sunday and they were a way too many people riding fast and crazy.

Yes this route is very popular with the TJ offroad crew as it realy in their back yard.Be carefull for oncoming squidoohombre,s

Ken

Can you send me the tracks? I'm looking at doing this run sometime in August.

Yes this route is very popular with the TJ offroad crew as it realy in their back yard.Be carefull for oncoming squidoohombre,s

Anyone doing this in the near future? I've been dreaming about this all summer...

Let me know when this is happening. What is the route? Is this an overnight or just Lobster and back? Bringing back memories old times back in the 80s. But I won't be taking my Scrambler through the Cantamar dunes.

I would prefer a Sat but if we need to go on a weekday thats good 2

I'm gone on a Sierras trip 9/1-8 so how about if its a weekday we shoot for any day the 3rd week starting on the 17th of Sept or if its a weekend the 22nd looks good.

kkug, tvscum, CalNub and any other takers pm me to set a date and we then we will start a new thread with our plans.

Thanks Ken...

I'm free Thursday through Sunday just about any week (last year of law school and took advantage of priority registration). Glad to see so much support for another ride like this.

What would be the suggetsted route? Percentage of off road? Big bike friendly? Overnight or down and back?

It only looks about 45 miles from Tecate to Puerto Nuevo (by pavement).

Round trip from Tecate and back was 108 miles. But we started late and passed on a lot of trail that I would have normlamy taken.

So maybe 130miles, if we hit everything kkug would normally? My first choice would be to go down and back rather than an overnight. But it wouldn't preclude my participation.