because it was said in ALL CAPS..

here's a few PHOTOS

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4947.jpgYEAH TIM!!!

B)...pretty much what i got for now..INCREDIBLE weather for riding in a loop!

and, please, please, please, blind flight photo?

well, MY 1st track, soooo....

BEST TRACK I HAVE EVER RIDDEN!!! :heh:

was fun, some brake bumps we could all do without, some dedicated shovels could minimize that.

didn't expect to run sub 50's, but what it offered i enjoyed.

some off camber turns, and some ruts...which is what i expected, and honestly wanted to learn to work thru

see a place to get a "little smoother", work on it next lap, some odd combos of camber, turn, and terrain shifts...tho :excl:

but again, what i was looking for.

BEST part, just us...:friends:

when i left was a couple guys getting there..SUPER private feeling.

B)..got it down to about a $1/lap...felt good about that.

Had a blast. Great group, all super supportive and fun. Best part was that we had the track to ourselves. You could ride at any pace, there was no pressure and everybody had fun. The occasional very light drizzle made conditions as good as they could have been. Some "dedicated shovel" work is needed to smooth some of the braking bumps and berms but I found it to be quite fun. Very beginner friendly since it was just us on the track all day. The inside line was the fastest as was evidenced in Round 1 of the DRZ Cup.

3 DRZs, a DR650 and XR650L - yes this track is beginner friendly. xr650l noob and bboyle9 rode to the track!

Running highway tire pressure while holding off bikeslut for a fast lap!

post-14322-089030700 1329101327_thumb.jp

speaking of 'slut

post-14322-091266800 1329101330_thumb.jp

working those turns

post-14322-083384700 1329101334_thumb.jp

post-14322-013314200 1329101351_thumb.jp

post-14322-090683800 1329101877_thumb.jp

seasoned like a steak

post-14322-030210900 1329101338_thumb.jp

first time on a track and having a blast

post-14322-090066800 1329101341_thumb.jp

bboyle9 jumping clear over blind!

post-14322-024153100 1329101354_thumb.jp

is that a DR650 which horrific suspension in the air?

post-14322-062479500 1329101866_thumb.jp

and now.............

wait for it.........

really wait....

200px-Flying_Blind_title.jpg

post-14322-033701000 1329101357_thumb.jp

more blind flight

post-14322-045495600 1329101871_thumb.jp

this is how its done on an xr650L!!!

post-14322-099694100 1329101359_thumb.jp

noob no more

post-14322-089204400 1329101868_thumb.jp

hadn't rode in forever and making it happen

post-14322-016171700 1329101874_thumb.jp

post-14322-059681500 1329101880_thumb.jp

Vogue Magazine's March DRZ Cover

post-14322-098039400 1329102410_thumb.jp

Video to come!

After a short stop on the freeway having to replace the cdi on the xrl, i finally managed to get to the track (missing the entrance on the 1st approach .. where the sign says "Private Property, Keep out!").

A man came out to get the $20 and briefed me about the track while his dog did a brief tech inspection on my bike.

By the time i got there, it seems everyone had already finished their first session and were hovering around bikeslut who was trying to get his wr started.

Met bboyle, goofy, bikeslut, tim, blind and couldn't have asked for a better group of people to ride with.

Bikeslut led me around the track on his drz and since there was no one else besides our group, it was very laid back and fun. I had a great time and my confidence grew on the jumps. I even managed to low side while racing (put-putting) bikeslut for pink slips. Next time, i'll be sure to let out some air from the tires (my front kept sliding, but i was too lazy since i had to ride back home).

Thanks bboyle for the flying pig photos. It's going to FB.

Anyway, i had to leave before noon but this was so much fun, i can't wait to do it again.

Thanks for a fun day!

noob you were making the pig fly! Otay is a lot closer than all those sport bike tracks you go to. Definitely a good time and glad you could make it.

I had an awesome time, whoever said dual sports werent meant to jump shouldve seen everyone that made it out. Noob and blind were airing out on some of the table tops and i know some has some good shots of bikeslut and goofy launching their drz's.

the track was really mellow, i will say that this is probably the most noob friendly thing you could do. i mean if i can ride it, anyone can ride it. its a great place to practice, get better and faster and after about 15 laps i definitely feel like im more comfortable with my bike. cant wait to go back.

heres a video that goofy made, i was purposefully going slow and missing shifts so that he could stay close enough to me to get some good video. its just to bad he didnt get video of me doing backflips or no footed can-cans...i think his camera was turned off or something.

we arrived promptly at 9 ish and pulled the bikes out and BS'd for a bit- as somebody probably already mentioned- DRZ had a flat, and the WR wouldn't run for more than a half lap

all picures courtesy of Tim Booth

jamul.jpg

we all started out cautiously... all of these bikes are TRUE dual-sports... DR650, XR650L, and 3 DRZs... here is noob before finding his groove

jamul3.jpg

jamul6.jpg

Here is blind with one tire in the air!

jamul2.jpg

:lol:

now we're figuring it out

jamul7.jpg

jamul9.jpg

jamul5.jpg

It was fun, but a work-out for sure... as for noobss, not sure if you can GET any more noob friendly

we all took a couple of sighting laps before we started figuring out gear/speed needed to clear the tables... at the end, only the finish line jump wasn't being cleared

OK, I am jealous. Want to do it again next Sunday (the 18th). I have no truck right now but you guys had to much fun!

OK, I am jealous. Want to do it again next Sunday (the 18th). I have no truck right now but you guys had to much fun!

I can't ride next week; family obligations

but post up, and see who else can make it out there... after a sighting lap, then a couple laps to determine proper gear/speed, we started finding a groove

as for the track itself; the fast line is always the inside line; the outsides are bermed, but WAY out there, and choppy... goofy showed me very clearly, as I was trying to maintain speed and ride the berm, he just shot underneath, and passed me easily... so; it is effectively a one line track (to somebody of my skill anyway)

all of the tabletops EXCEPT the finish line are 2nd gear or 3rd gear jumps... I think I could clear the final tabletop if I had the nads... it's about a 20 foot face, coming off a tight left hander, and I just COULD not find the confidence to nail it; I was coming up quite a few feet short.

but for working on your jumps and corners, it is great practice... if you want to roll every jump, you can do that too

He DEFINITELY said it is $25... NOT $20... I don't think we can get away with the $20 bum rush again... it worked this once

I can't imagine paying $25 every time I want to ride, but could see myself doing it a few times a year... and "no double jumps"... At my age and talent, that is a good thing. As it was, I had some close calls with some front tire landings and was glad to come away injury free

all in all; a good day... we all improved from the day focused on fixing mistakes

I had an awesome time, whoever said dual sports werent meant to jump shouldve seen everyone that made it out. Noob and blind were airing out on some of the table tops and i know some has some good shots of bikeslut and goofy launching their drz's.

the track was really mellow, i will say that this is probably the most noob friendly thing you could do. i mean if i can ride it, anyone can ride it. its a great place to practice, get better and faster and after about 15 laps i definitely feel like im more comfortable with my bike. cant wait to go back.

heres a video that goofy made, i was purposefully going slow and missing shifts so that he could stay close enough to me to get some good video. its just to bad he didnt get video of me doing backflips or no footed can-cans...i think his camera was turned off or something.

+1 good time had by all.

While the track is $25 to ride (he said he wouldn't do $20 again), its geographically closer for some SDAR crew than driving out to many of the other riding areas. Its not perfect and it needs maintenance to turn the outside berms shred worthy but its a great place to work on skills in a relaxed environment. At Pala or other more popular tracks I personally feel that I have to hammer the throttle to stay in the mix. When there is nobody out like at Jamul, you can really pick and chose your lines, braking points and roll or launch off any jump you want. There are way more tight, brake it in type turns and off camber dips than most tracks so you don't have to have the fastest bike nor the best suspension to have fun here (think dualsports).

Here is a clip of the finish line jump. I'm following bboyle9 with the gopro.

The landings on the tables are nice and don't hurt. You can jump as far or short as you want or roll everything and there is little consequence.

post-14322-019651900 1329348110_thumb.jp

There are many faster track riders in the club than myself but one day after it rains I will post another group Noob/Beginner track day and hopefully more people come out.