robertaccio

2011 Husqvarna TE310

Recently added the 2011 TE310 to my stable from GP motos SD.

I have nothing but praise and smiles for this bike (as do all my expert crew that have ridden it). It's light handles well and is flat out a fun bike to ride (and race soon). Its a great DS trail/enduro/xc bike, I would not recommend it as a DS street commuter bike or a Dez racer, it's a thinly veiled euro style enduro competition bike. She climbs great, rails corners and cut S/T like a knife, she is exactly what I needed. Nice machine for novices and experts alike.

I love my TE250! It spools up like a rocket and feels light and nimble for a DS...It needs just a little more down low sometimes. Next weekend I'm having an Athena 300 kit installed. I think I'll be very pleased.B)

Congrats on the new wheels.......nice choice.....

Sometimes Less IS More :coolio::rolleyes::D

"rails corners and cut S/T like a knife"

RT, Would you consider throwing 35lbs of gear on the knife and travel/camp for a week?

unsure.gif

Or is it a straight Race Bike?

way to go with the new bike! lets see some photos of that thing! have you already messed with the suspension? the mags said the stock setup was great for hardcore offroading and the plate was just a bonus. :)

rhs

IMG_0288.jpg

lhs

IMG_0296.jpg

Race Tech suspension done for lighter but way faster legend rider, may need springs for my tank weight, will play for a while first.

CV4 hoses, zipty oil fill plug,partial decal works (from the 450) with a whole new set coming, Dunlop MX51s, EE rim lock- closed nuts and alloy valve caps, zipty waterless coolant, EE rad guards, dual race map tuned. 2 rides so far the thing rips and climbs like a cat. polisport handguards, ame grips, zipty qd alloy fuel pump fitting and other zipty bits,

left oe fan hooked up, Flexx bars, Ballistic 4 cell evo 2 battery,TM design works chain guide, working on/deciding on aftermarket skid plate.

battery installation came out very clean

IMG_0291.jpg

4th ride on the 310 yesterday. This bike is really worthy of its 3 world championships in the WEC. This thing is nutty good. Just taking me the little steps in dialing in for me, she is coming in really well. The KYB open chambers are so good for the stuff we do, they are very supple, the shock is working great as well. My weight is down 6 lbs and dropping so thats even better for the spring rates which are a tiny bit to the low side (rear 5.8kg/mm 100mm race sag 18-20 static which is a little short)at my current weight a 6.0 would un bind the coils more and would get me the magic 30-35mm static, but I will keep the diet going and work from there. The injection works great, the thing flat rips and has amzing torque for such a tiny motor. The harder I ride her the better she performs-niiice. front end is well planted and I keep over controlling the bike, need more adjustment time/ride time.

The lightness helps to lift and float her over obstacles and keep the under carriage clear (so far)

today I am installing my mucho preferred techical shoes. Which incidently are DOT legal( another plus on the plated TE). Pirelli FIM scorpion Pro enduro rubber.

the WEC enduro standard 90/90-21 front and the 120/90-18 enduro standard for 250cc and under sized machines.

My 140/80 balloons are a thing of the past with the new small machine.

agree about the 120 rear vs the 140... I actually went as skinny as 110 on the DRZ; it just makes your bike feel lighter and more flickable

the downside was a little less straight line traction

glad you're loving the bike

BS just luvin it man!

For tires, I just follow the WEC standard for tire sizing its easy they all use the same type/pattern tires all use the 3 available sizes, one possible for the F and 2 possible for the rear. If Meo and Salminen can win on this platform with those tires (Michelin brand but same pattern as my cheaper Pirellis) they are more than good enough for me. I am also being E concious....these are DOT and so-called ECO tires (for the low knob construction)....sure

hey robert, we are about to put a new tire on brianas bike. i've been using dunlop 100/100/18 MX51s on it. but have been thinking about trying a 120 size enduro tire with low pressure for her bike. do you suggest the pirelli scorpion? what about the metzler 6 day tires?

PS, i run 110/90/18s on my 350 and 300 2T.

The wider the rear tire, the less flickable the bike is in turns, also can rob a bit of acceleration from a smaller displacement engine.

Just sayin'....

hey robert, we are about to put a new tire on brianas bike. i've been using dunlop 100/100/18 MX51s on it. but have been thinking about trying a 120 size enduro tire with low pressure for her bike. do you suggest the pirelli scorpion? what about the metzler 6 day tires?

Just jumping in with my 2cents but I would not recommend the 6 days. Mine that came on my new KTM only lasted about 1100 miles and it was toast. Hook up was ok but I like a tighter lug spacing.

The wider the rear tire, the less flickable the bike is in turns, also can rob a bit of acceleration from a smaller displacement engine.

Just sayin'....

after looking at prices from american moto tire, i might have to get a bridgestone 404 100/100/18. they are about 12$ cheaper than the least expensive enduro tire and the mx51s and I know they are basically the same tire as the mx51. big knobs but they don't air down or run with a flat well at all.

Just jumping in with my 2cents but I would not recommend the 6 days. Mine that came on my new KTM only lasted about 1100 miles and it was toast. Hook up was ok but I like a tighter lug spacing.

ya, all the reviews say the metzlers don't last...

by the way, sorry for turning this into a tire thread. my bad

ya, all the reviews say the metzlers don't last...

by the way, sorry for turning this into a tire thread. my bad

I love tire threads! BTW Robert, super sweet Huskey!

Spaugh, I was bummed we got to the trials so late. What we did see was CRAZY! Nice to see you, Briana and McTrails.

no sweat on the tire thread its such a personal subject, I wasnt saying whats good for anyone but me. I just love FIM spec tires for me they are like trials tires on rocks ( the balloon rears 140 for big bikes and 120s for the E1 size bikes)). and the fronts carve like a knife (skinny 90/90s). Thats all, anyones choice.

Anyway back to the TE310, Just raced the "Dual Sport" bike in a tuff technical HS event in Tecate 1st Race 1 place 50+ class.

Oh yeah my tires are still what came on the bike, Dunlop MX51 geo maxs, great rear hook up in loamy stuff, slippy in the rocks (too much for me in the good dirt, yes I said that)front is a little vague for me as a sit back rider. I know these are great tires but just not so much for me and my focus on technical terrain rolling. I am still an FIM spec tire guy to the core, I just use Pirelli Scorps because they are the least expensive for me to get (they are all the same pattern anyway)

Anyway this is a TE310 thread, the thing is a single track demon/weapon.

Race proven with 3 WEC championships 2 as a 250cc and 1 as a 310 (302cc)

Just wanted to add something else about the tire thing the WEC guys and teams have evolved to the standard for FIM comp tire sizes/types/patterns over many years to get the best compromise for all facets of enduro comp,DOT legal/ speed/ cornering/ tire life/carcass flex/performance over a wide range of conditions from mud to dry, from sand to rocks. These are not built to be of the long lasting tire idea, those WEC guys change tires daily for goodness sakes. Every tire you choose is a compromise somewhere. You just need to find the best fitting shoe for your foot and best sole for the conditions you focus on.(as long as you install them on a Husky you'll be doing fine....haha)

it gets better everytime i ride it, only needs final suspension dial in all else is there. (Tire change as well)

still on the original MX51s will use them this weekend and most likely install the mousses and FIM rubber for the following weeks destruction trail ride.

Robert,

Obvious Man wants me to ask, "So you like the Flexx Bars?"

Yes I like Flexx bars they really take the edge off HS compression/shock hits. I set mine up fairly tight, I've ridden others set up very flexxy and man they worked great for smoothness, but for me there was just too much movement. So you have the ability to use the various density bushings and make the preload more less with the self locking nuts. My bike came with them so I inheirited them and I happy they came with the bike. Its a good product, with anything they require good personal setup. R

this thing is amazing. 2 local XC/enduro races 2 wins (ammie level). Just finsished the gnarliest local trail ride in SoCal/N baja with no issues. Confidence in the bike is very high now. No coughs in the FI (my first FI bike). I set mine up well and preride/race with solid bullet proof mods out of the box like any machine she needed some bullet proof bling and set ups.