Bagstr

Martin's Motorcycle Specialties

Received help last week repairing the Aluminum Skid Plate where it had developed a vibration crack.

P10009601000w-L.jpg

P10009591000w-L.jpg

While there Tim gave me a tour of the shop. First in line was his personal 525. Several Orange and blue bikes around, although his guys work on everything

Dirt and Street. The place has the appearance of a professional operation familiar with the Orange singles. Next time I need something more technical than

a skid plate repair, I will give Tim and his crew a try.

http://www.martinsmotos.com/

Jim Martin, owner, also will work on 950/990's. He owned a 950 for awhile. I trust Jim, he's a great guy, and nice shop !

Met Tim Martin today after the dawn patrol ride...he was riding a very nicely appointed XR650R

Mentioned that he does club rides from his shop the 3rd Sunday of each month-next ride is slated to go to Idyllwild

I remember him on a big orange and blue KTM from the very first SDAR night ride I went on. :coolio:

Jim did a full top and bottom rebuild on my 04 EXC two years ago. He had previously done some tuning work on my son's bike. My bike runs better than ever since then. Jim is very nice, very professional and proud of the work he does. I heartily recommend his shop. He definitely knows KTMs.

Don't ride at night with him, I had my X topped out in 5th a LOT on bear valley and he just became a light in the distance.

Dam old racers.

Dropped my skid plate off for some mods - Jim said he just passes it next door to the metal shop, but it's good to start with him as he has a good relationship with them. I picked it up today - very happy with the results.

Jim just charged me what the shop charged him so I tossed in 6 Fat Tires for his trouble. Nice guy.