So, I've read a ton of ride reports on here so I thought I would post one of my own. So, here goes:

Made it up to Big Bear today for a ride. Staged at the base of Gold Mountain and hit Gold Mountain, John Bull, White Mountain and Redonda Ridge. Fun ride with perfect weather.

View from the staging area

100_0005.jpg

Where we were heading

100_0007.jpg

No more pics of Gold Mountain, didn't want to stop so we could get past the pack of jeeps that left while we were gearing up

Now we're on John Bull

100_0008.jpg

100_0009.jpg

There's a few rocks on this trail

100_0011.jpg

100_0013.jpg

Done with John Bull. Cool mountain meadow

100_0015.jpg

Quick ride down the fire road to White Mountain. Here's where we're going

100_0017.jpg

Me taking a quick break on White Mountain. I thought black was supposed to be slimming....

100_0018.jpg

Obligatory bike on vista shot

100_0019.jpg

Andy lost his kick stand on the Idyllwild ride a few months ago. His obligatory bike on vista shot had to include him to hold the bike up

100_0020.jpg

Where we're headed. You can see the trail to the left of the peak

100_0024.jpg

Ready to hit Redonda. Lots of traffic on this trail today. Had to stop in the middle and give some quick steel to a rider who put a hole through his clutch cover on a rock. I never pass up a chance to gain some trail Karma.

100_0027.jpg

Quick break at the top of the climb, if you've ridden Redonda Ridge from Big Pine Flats, you know what climb I'm talking about

100_0028.jpg

Andy took a digger coming down the hill. Of course it was right where I was stopped helping the group of guys patch up the clutch cover so he had an audience! lol

100_0032.jpg

Deep water crossing, okay, maybe not so deep but a water crossing nontheless

100_0034.jpg

Lunch at the Green Valley Lake Malt Shop.

100_0038.jpg

We were running short on time so we just slabbed it back to the truck.

100_0039.jpg

All in all, a good day. No broken bodies or bikes. Need to get a couple more rides up there before the weather gets bad.

Very nice ride report, but I just can't believe that. KTM would ever have a problem with it's kick stand ;-)

CiD

Nice report

Looks like the weather could not have been any better, such a great time of the year...

never been in that neck of the woods but definitely on the radar

PS: you can never have enough of that trail karma in your tool bag

Thanks for the report

Your basic HardWays Report. Thanks for stopping to shoot photos. +1

Thanks for sharing all the pics...so many "hard way" rides, never get photographed...nice to see it all....

(and ditto on the "kickstand" thought...replaced mine with trailtech kickstand, BUT when the $100+ kickstand arrives, it DOES NOT fit the frame, and needs machining....at least on the 03's...thanks to paul bowers for the help to install mine..) You'd think for that money, it could fit...

Nice report, and great pics. Makes me wanna go up there!

Thanks for sharing all the pics...so many "hard way" rides, never get photographed...nice to see it all....

(and ditto on the "kickstand" thought...replaced mine with trailtech kickstand, BUT when the $100+ kickstand arrives, it DOES NOT fit the frame, and needs machining....at least on the 03's...thanks to paul bowers for the help to install mine..) You'd think for that money, it could fit...

That's funny you said that. He texted me Friday night saying the TT kickstand he bought wouldn't fit. BTW, I think I remember reading a post where you looked at this bike about a year ago. 03 525 with a 543 kit. You made a good decision in passing. The engine was pretty much shot and needed a full rebuild. Left him stranded at Allesandro/Hixon. Lots of mis-matched bolts, bad wiring( had to replace the harness). Runs great now, but it took a lot of time and $ to get it that way.