I have ants in my pants to go riding but my scooter is out of commission right now. I would like to try some of the huskies out and probably be up there at 9 so I'm not waiting in a long line and while it’s still cool. If you guys want, when I go up to Mc Cain's to test ride the husky's I could bring my trailer incase anything goes wrong with the motorcycles. I doubt anything will happen but just in case, better safe than sorry.

phooey, I already get to test a new Husky right out of my garage any day of the week and will probably be riding it on that Sunday, although maybe not if we have to go further than 45-50 miles between gas stations.

If so, I'll be riding the little green slug :lol:

I'm off that day. I'm in.

So far with PM conformations and the forum we have about 20 riders. Not near enough! We need to show up at the Husky demo day with a lot more SDAR riders. Not that you need to demo ride. But it is kinda fun to support the local bike shops. A good turn out could mean more demo days from other mfg. as well. Pm me or jump in and let us now if your in or out? Inquiring minds want to know. We really want this to be a cool ride, the more the better. :lol::lol:;)

phooey, I already get to test a new Husky right out of my garage any day of the week and will probably be riding it on that Sunday, although maybe not if we have to go further than 45-50 miles between gas stations.

If so, I'll be riding the little green slug :lol:

Dont think the gas should be a problem. Golden Acorn is a dual sporters oasis. lots of gas, food and drink. Be sure to take care of those three things before hitting the slots though, Or it could be a hungry,dry walk back to the truck. :lol:

Folks are in town that weekend otherwise I'd be all over it.......especially since Fred (Snaildarter) and I have new rides to break in........I closed a deal on a used 2002 EXC 520 and Fred made a deal on a used 2004 EXC 450......Fred is picking up our bikes this weekend (San Fran and Fresno).......sometimes ya gotta travel to find the right ORANGE bike :lol:

Pics to follow next week......have fun on the 20th

Folks are in town that weekend otherwise I'd be all over it.......especially since Fred (Snaildarter) and I have new rides to break in........I closed a deal on a used 2002 EXC 520 and Fred made a deal on a used 2004 EXC 450......Fred is picking up our bikes this weekend (San Fran and Fresno).......some times ya gotta travel to find the right ORANGE bike :lol:

Pics to follow next week......have fun on the 20th

Congrats on the twins! bet you cant wait to get them home. Cigars are expected you know. :lol::lol:

Looks like there is no need for a trailer. Have fun guys.

Cool of you to offer!!! If it isnt a problem it might be good to have a trailer out back just in case. Maybe if you get out there early enough you can put a couple extra laps on the husky. You know keep it warm! LOL

I could bring my trailer incase anything goes wrong with the motorcycles. I doubt anything will happen but just in case, better safe than sorry.

Another testament to your selflessness DIrtrider :lol: I'll be happy to spot 5 or 10 gallons on the trailer this time. That way me, dirtdame, and anyone else who needs it can top-off at McCain...

I could bring my trailer incase anything goes wrong with the motorcycles. I doubt anything will happen but just in case, better safe than sorry.

Another testament to your selflessness DIrtrider :) I'll be happy to spot 5 or 10 gallons on the trailer this time. That way me, dirtdame, and anyone else who needs it can top-off at McCain...

Ride Orange and my self talked this one over this morning and came up with a very safe and easy route. We will meet at Pine Valley exit trail head. We want to keep this thing moving, so please top off your tanks and be ready to pull out at 9:00 am. This should be a fun leisurely trip. If you have any questions or concerns that you dont want to post, feel free to PM me. Remember, Change is Opportunity. Lets have fun :D:lol::lol::lol::);):bye::lol::lol::lol::):lol::good::lol:;)

id like to go on this ride but i have no way to get my bike to the meeting point unless i ride it and im in oceanside any sugestions on fuel stops or a ride along willing to pay for the fuel to get us there

hey guys i know i dont know any of you as i kinda was riding on mine own with friends. but iwould really like to hook with you guys ( i'm supposed to be out of town on the 20th) but i'd like to try for a ride some other time

ed

hey guys i know i dont know any of you as i kinda was riding on mine own with friends. but iwould really like to hook with you guys ( i'm supposed to be out of town on the 20th) but i'd like to try for a ride some other time

ed

Looks by the responce here that we should have this sort of ride more often. Cant think of a better way to have a meet and greet. Look foward to riding with you soon. Thanks for the intro.

ed

No Worries chickenheart, and WELCOME! :D Click on THIS LINK to the new members page and post a little introduction about yourself if you wnat to. You'lll get a warm welcome from your new riding partners here :D Someone is riding just about every weekend (and weekdays too) and always looking for company!

My bad, my wife just informed me that this is the same weekend as her best friends son's wedding. She has been planning this for 6 months. I knew it was comming up, just didn't know which weekend. So I am out for the weekend, no dualies dualsport ride, no Husky test drive :D . Ken

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th. With all the fine details to follow. Keep in mind this is a beginner ride, and pace. Hammerin Hammon might want to set this one out? The more the better. This will be the perfect ride to get your feet wet if you have been setting on the fence. I will get the details out in the next couple of days. . :D:D:P:P:P

Sunday may 20th,I have to work at the HIDEOUT Lake Henshaw, We have a big party goin on called the spring fling.Have a safe ride with the newbies.

ed

No Worries chickenheart, and WELCOME! :D Click on THIS LINK to the new members page and post a little introduction about yourself if you wnat to. You'lll get a warm welcome from your new riding partners here :D Someone is riding just about every weekend (and weekdays too) and always looking for company!

thanks i've been meaning to do that

ed

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th. With all the fine details to follow. Keep in mind this is a beginner ride, and pace. Hammerin Hammon might want to set this one out? The more the better. This will be the perfect ride to get your feet wet if you have been setting on the fence. I will get the details out in the next couple of days. . :D:D:P:P:P

Sunday may 20th,I have to work at the HIDEOUT Lake Henshaw, We have a big party goin on called the spring fling.Have a safe ride with the newbies.

Having fun with happy people partying isnt quite as good as having fun with happy people riding. You gotta do, what gotta do! Next time.

id like to go on this ride but i have no way to get my bike to the meeting point unless i ride it and im in oceanside any sugestions on fuel stops or a ride along willing to pay for the fuel to get us there

Hang In There! Might have some one to lend a hand before the 20th. If not, we will do the next ride like this in North County. Bob

So is this ride Sunday May 13th, or Sunday May 20th ??

So is this ride Sunday May 13th, or Sunday May 20th ??

Next Sunday, the 20th :clapping:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Its always good to have a trailer near by whe riding Orange. :clapping:

:clapping:

Its always good to have a trailer near by whe riding Orange. :clapping:

The trailer is for any one who needs it for any reason. Just kind of handy to have Just in case, Now that you mentioned the color thing it got me thinking. Only needed the trailer 3 times in the last 10 years or so. Once to drag a rusty, shot up bike out of the desert for desert clean up. and twice more for dead red machines. One with with a toasted top end and the other just quit. Im still looking at that problem. Out of all fairness, If I had been riding orange for all those years I would expect to have made the same amount of trips with the trailer. For all the hard abusive miles I put the XR through, only two let downs is nothing. :clapping:

Don't take the bait Metal Twister. Lets not turn another thread into a Honda vs Ktm debate. Hopefully I will be able to make it on the 20th - I will know when we get closer