ADV Bum

Lets see the projects

What happens when you get a free lawn mower that doesn't run, a free Honda GL650 that runs but is missing the front forks, a welder, a kegerator and a demented mind??

P1010001-2.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

It's not even close to done yet, but when it is I have no idea what to do with it.

You've seen the "Junker", 1936 Chevrolet Master Sport Sedan. Waiting on front glass to break in the engine and shake down the new stuff. Still needs lots of work and more glass. 3 of the toys in the pic.

1019.jpg

The money pit!

It caught on fire the first time I took it out and spun the rear main bearing the second time, and dropped # 1 and 2 rod the third and fourth time I took it out. Gonna try it again Mothers day weekend, if she blows……she sinks, if she runs…..it will be posted on craigslist Monday morning.

jpdesigns.jpg

DSCF4790.jpg

Here is my Little Mule Pepe'. Pepe' was adopted by us two years ago when he was 31 years old (considering that a burro can live to be over 100 years old, he's just a puppy!). We put the front disk brakes and vacuum power booster on last year. Pepe' had recently paid a visit to a most excellent sheet metal artist who replaced some rusty floor boards, then it was off to the Line-X guys for a little tub make-over. The fresh carb re-build by Southern California Carburator has him kicking like his old self again, and this weekend is all about putting the saddles and bridles back on him.

I figure by the time Pepe' is 35 or 36, he'll be as good as the day he was foaled...

Here is my Little Mule Pepe'. Pepe' was adopted by us two years ago when he was 31 years old (considering that a burro can live to be over 100 years old, he's just a puppy!). We put the front disk brakes and vacuum power booster on last year. Pepe' had recently paid a visit to a most excellent sheet metal artist who replaced some rusty floor boards, then it was off to the Line-X guys for a little tub make-over. The fresh carb re-build by Southern California Carburator has him kicking like his old self again, and this weekend is all about putting the saddles and bridles back on him.

I figure by the time Pepe' is 35 or 36, he'll be as good as the day he was foaled...

Little pepe is looking good,we have to get pepe and my 70 blazer out for a little play time.Pepe was the name of that bad Bronco in "romancing the stone"

you guys did say projects right? well here is mine.

DSCN1383.jpg

Started out as a 1947 Plymouth 4 door special deluxe. I bought it 2003 in original condition that’s when the whammy started. Since then, the changes are; 3 1/4 taper chop, 5 inch body channel, shortened the back suicide doors, lengthen the front doors, welded up rear passenger door, welded up the rear fenders, pied the hood, welded vw head lights on the front, shaved door handles est., complete new floor, wheel wells and tubs, passenger door post opens with rear door, sitting on original boxed frame Z’d, Vallaire front clip, Jag rear end, 318 Dodge motor with automatic trans, done it all so far my self. Still needs electrical, glass, and interior. My dad made me do it to learn the trade and keep me occupied. I have enjoyed it so far.

you guys did say projects right? well here is mine.

DSCN1383.jpg

Started out as a 1947 Plymouth 4 door special deluxe. I bought it 2003 in original condition that’s when the whammy started. Since then, the changes are; 3 1/4 taper chop, 5 inch body channel, shortened the back suicide doors, lengthen the front doors, welded up rear passenger door, welded up the rear fenders, pied the hood, welded vw head lights on the front, shaved door handles est., complete new floor, wheel wells and tubs, passenger door post opens with rear door, sitting on original boxed frame Z’d, Vallaire front clip, Jag rear end, 318 Dodge motor with automatic trans, done it all so far my self. Still needs electrical, glass, and interior. My dad made me do it to learn the trade and keep me occupied. I have enjoyed it so far.

Oh, I think your dad might have ENCOURGED you to do it RIGHT? LOL Great Job Dude!!! Very proud, and impressed with what you have accomplished. Especially for your first real project. Great Job so Far!!! Keep going its getting close! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Bums panel! 1946 Dodge panel truck

Sweet Ride, was that pic taken at the Goodguys Show? Allways loved that retro turquoise and scalops. Very classic look, Specially on a panel. Running a small block Chevy and Mustang 2 front end.?

You've seen the "Junker", 1936 Chevrolet Master Sport Sedan. Waiting on front glass to break in the engine and shake down the new stuff. Still needs lots of work and more glass. 3 of the toys in the pic.

1019.jpg

We are schedualled to do a chop on a 37 chev. hump back in the near furture. Its taken some arm twisting but he's given in. After seeing your Im having second thoughts. They look so cool stock!

We will have to have a SDAR car show.

PICT0002.jpg

Ok,I Wanted something a little different for offroading. Like I've been saying lately, sometimes slower is better! Started this Rock Crawler a couple of months ago. It has been on the back burner waiting for parts. Running gear is a Jeep XJ 4.0 with auto trans. Looking for a Dana 60 and a Dana 44. I am setting it up with front and rear steering. OX lockers And all that Grunt 4X4 stuff. Hope to get back on it real soon and have it for next winter.

Here are some "build" photos of my Kawasaki Triple Tracker...

Do you have that bike now or are those old photos. I had a kawasaki mach III triple 2 stroke 750 in High School, to this day its the only bike that made me start shaking before I got on the bike. :scratch_one-s_head:

Here are some "build" photos of my Kawasaki Triple Tracker...

Do you have that bike now or are those old photos. I had a kawasaki mach III triple 2 stroke 750 in High School, to this day its the only bike that made me start shaking before I got on the bike. :scratch_one-s_head:

Hey Schwinn, I had the 500 triple. I learned to ride Palomar on it, so I guess I can ride Palomar on anything. The key used to fall out of the ignition while going down the road, prompting me to turn around and go on a footsearch for it along the highway. My big project for the machine was to get rid of it <_<

That's a nice looking bike Henry. Were you selling it on craigslist? I seem to recall seeing it somewhere.

I had a 750 triple in high school also. It locked up on me going 70mph on the highway. Lots of fun!!

Thanks all. I put it on eBay and it generated 12,000 hits with over 400 watchers. I was very disapointed at the selling price of $9,200. An 80 year old dentist bought it. There were two guys who got stuck on the freeway who wanted to bid. One in Florida. He already had a $10K check reay from Cap One. My cost? $13.5K and three years of weekends. Never again. Buy your gear pre setup.

I will let Schwinn add the info to his latest project.

stevesjeepster008.jpg

stevesjeepster007.jpg

stevesjeepster006.jpg

stevesjeepster005.jpg

1967 JEEPSTER COMMANDO,225 dauntless V-6 (odd fire buick V-6) original. 4x4 white hard top I took off as soon as I got it home,not fast but real fun and looks great next to my 1970 convertible blazer 2WD

68 IH Scout 800 with a 455 Olds engine, T400 auto, 203/205 doubler. I want to trailer it out to Corral Canyon some time and play on a few of the trails now that it moves under it's own power. Projects are always a love/hate relationship.

P4220161.jpg

P4220162.jpg

P4220164.jpg

P4220165.jpg