Wow after all the smack talking no one started a write up. Everyone must be still recovering from the fun and games.

Long story short . Thanks Deb for a fun weekend--You really put a lot of effort in it. Great job !

I'll post more pics later, but want to say a Huge thanks to my fellow organizer and worldclass chef Tracy.... :party:

We really enjoy putting on "The Coon Cabin Eat and Ride"...(as Ted perfectly renamed it).

And THANKS to the Coon Cabin 2011 campers...What a Great Time...Awesome People... Delicious meals......Fun Riding...and more laughter than I've experienced in many years.....If you all had HALF the good time I did....it was a success!!! :D

PC310045.jpg

PC300017.jpg

Thanks to all that made this possible. This was my first time riding in Big Bear and it was awesome..

Special thanks to all the cooks also.. The food was Phenomenal!!!!

Thanks for the laughs, and for allowing the MULE to ride with all you race horse riders.

I had a blast, and food was top notch, and that breakfast was over the top for sure.

That chicken sandwich was great,, unreall all the way around,, thanks

Thanks Deb and Tracy for all the hard work. Eating, riding, and having some good laughs.

Beautiful scenery and some fun riding and exploring as I found a couple new trails this time.

Nice to meet some new folks and see some I haven't seen for awhile.

post-2007-059766400 1315335155_thumb.jpg

post-2007-046324300 1315335170_thumb.jpg

I began the 2nd Annual Coon Cabin trip planning in the spring with invites to the previous attendees and a few others I ride with ALL the time......we reached capacity quickly, so I didnt' get to POST a general invite, other than for day riding.....wasn't trying to leave anyone out....just filled up quickly....

Big bear offers the best Mountain riding close to San Diego in the summer, in my opinion, so I go often....it was Great fun to have a big group there....

A Few of us arrived Thursday evening and rode all day Friday. Most of the crew arrived Friday. We had rides for hard ways, easy ways and something in between, so everyone got their fill from 50-100 miles each day.....

We enjoyed an incredible menu of Carne Asada tacos, local made salsa and guacamole and margaritas Friday, Baldbeemer and Mistress' pulled pork and cold slaw Saturday and Chipotle Chicken tortas , rice and beans on Sunday night, as well as the best huevos rancheros, pork chops and hash browns for breakfasts. Tracy is an amazing cook!!

The weather was perfect , warmer than last year....(except monday for packing in the rain, but that's ok)

The group of 16 this year was especially fun as well as helpful and we all enjoyed great comraderie, alot of riding and campfires the 1st 3 nights til HIGH fire danger prevented one on sunday night...;..I think Ted and Ben REALLY need to open a comedy act...I would PAY to see them...they made us all cry laughing...

Only incident was me having a bit of a crash sunday afternoon...Big thanks to Tommy the paramedic and Ian for all his endless help.....Needed a few stiches and sprained my shoulder...BUT at least it was the end of 3 days of riding the weekend, and I could ride out to the 7 oaks fire station..Gave the local fireman something to do besides sharpen their tools, they said.... they were kind of cute too!!! ;) (I guess I should've replaced that REALLY bald trials tire I've overused all summer BEFORE this trip....made for lots of slipping and sliding....which got the best of me sunday afternoon :P )...Tommy said I need to slow down too...Maybe....

Thanks to all the campers who made this an incredible trip.....We will do it again for sure.....

AROUND CAMP:

PC300012.jpg

PC300019.jpg

PC300020.jpg

PC300018.jpg

PC300021.jpg

PC300022.jpg

PC300026.jpg

PC310035.jpg

P1020074.jpg

P1020071.jpg

THE RIDING:

PC310027.jpg

PC300013.jpg

PC310029.jpg

PC310032.jpg

PC310031.jpg

PC310030.jpg

P1010048.jpg

PC310033.jpg

PC310028.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010061.jpg

P1020076.jpg

THE INJURY:

P1010063.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010068.jpg

THE ER: (The paramedic MADE me go get stitches...)

P1010069.jpg

Dang! Your elbow guards didn't save you. :ph34r:

Other than that, it all looks pretty great. :party:

I meant to get up and join the group on Sunday, but overslept. Since I thought that everybody would probably be on the trail by nine, I didn't bother to rush at all, getting ready to go up there. I figured that I would just do some exploring on my own. Imagine my surprise when I passed the group on the highway at close to eleven o clock! I saw Mistress and Beemer just before that too. Oh well, I went on in to the camp and got ready for my ride. I tried to look at the bright side of things. I would have to ride alone, but I could pick any lunch stop that I wanted and there would be no dust to contend with.

It was sunny to begin with, but I soon passed through areas that had been rained on. By the time I worked my way over to Big Bear, the sky was dark and the breeze sort of cold. The holiday traffic was nutso. I decided to go to one of my favorite lunch places, the North Shore cafe. It was so packed that I could barely wedge my motorcycle in next to a telephone pole for parking. Then the only option I had was to dine outside while the threatening skies rumbled overhead. Afterwards, I decided that I better head in the opposite direction of the storm, so south it was. I weaved my way across the mountains, then found a little road near the camp to explore. It just kept going and going. By now it was around four o clock and I had over 70 miles on the odometer. Best to turn around and head back to the campsite. Low fuel and low daylight are a bad combo for exploring the great unknown. Almost 88 miles on the odometer when I rolled into camp. Most happy campers were there, relaxing and waiting for Deb to return. I chatted around a bit and made the drive home. It was a pretty nice day for me, if not a teeny bit lonesome. Admittedly, half the time I had no idea where I was....but that's what made it such a fun adventure. :coolio:

101_0136.jpg

101_0137.jpg

101_0138.jpg

101_0139.jpg

101_0140.jpg

101_0141.jpg

101_0142.jpg

101_0143.jpg

101_0144.jpg

101_0145.jpg

On the Elbow Guards...I have super big heavy duty ones on my balistic jersey...only problem was....when you have 2" diameter wrists...the mens large sized wrist velcros don't QUITE hold the thing in place.. :( .I'm going to fix that before wearing it again... :)

I didnt bring a camera so dont have any pictures to share but will add that this trip definitly will go down as one of my favorites! Good riding, good food and lots of it, but the best part, I think, was hanging around such a fun group! Dont know how I am going to kick up the menu for next time but I guess I have all year to work on it!

Looks like you guys had a great time...I would have slept in the dirt now knowing what a great time you guys had. I hate you all..LOL

I didn't pay a dime for gas or the ride up or the $400.00 dollar a night rooms or food at Stillwells and it looks like you guys ate better any way. I missed you guys and that ride. Roberts Carbon fiber tank developed a crack so we loaded up the bikes and headed over to my Families place in Arrowhead. It was beautiful over there but not like riding with you guys.

PS. I am jamming to " Pure Immagination " right now from Willy Wonka. That song rules and I dont care what ya think.

Thanks deb and tracy for organizing and for the awesome food! Couldn't have been better! And thanks to everyone else for the great riding and endless laughs!

I didnt take any pics since my camera is broke from all deb's dust (haha)... But I had a great time, thank you again to everyone for making it so memorable.

Beezzz and I had a terrific time this weekend. We didn't want it to end. We spent Monday, our anniversary, by the way, riding in the rain. We kept thinking it would stop, but noooo, the dirt was great though, I didn't expect such good traction. We had lunch at Thelma's in Big Bear, we saw Kevin and Deb there. I'll let Beezzz post the pics since he is more computer savy. I had on so many layers, I looked like the Michelan Man. I think I gained a few pounds on this eat and ride. The food was sooooo great. Thanks for having us!!! My cheeks still hurt from the campfire banter. :heh::lol: Man this group knows how to have fun. :lol: Thanks for helping us celebrate our 24th, I know it wasn't in your plans, but we appreciated all of the well wishes. :wub:

Deb, are you doomed to go from one injury to the next? We're going to have to chip in to buy you some high-tech force field to ride in! :)

Deb, are you doomed to go from one injury to the next? We're going to have to chip in to buy you some high-tech force field to ride in! :)

Well, Another addition to my bike will be the steering stabilizer that has been sitting on my 2 stroke , (not being used.. :blush: ) .....it's going on the KTM.!!...should help alot, seeing I dont' have QUITE the upper body strength most of the guys have, I can't quite hold that 50 HP in place in rocks and ruts sometimes....

I only crash about twice a year, and considering I ride alot, hundreds of miles, long weekends, often twice/month, MOST every month, thats only a crash every several thousand miles...so not as often as it might seem...(doesn't help that I don't bounce as well as I use to when younger...oh wait...I didnt' ride when I was younger :blink: )

No worries...it's bound to happen....and You never know, I might meet a nice single doctor or physical therapist along the way!!! :lol:

No worries...it's bound to happen....and You never know, I might meet a nice single doctor or physical therapist along the way!!! :lol:

Or fireman. Or 6 fireman. ;) (they DO have your number...)

Crashing is part of this sport. Deb's consistent positive attitude and the way she gets right back on the bike, with a smile, should be an example for all of us.

What a fun 4 days. Thanks Debbie and Tracy for your hosting of the fantastic "Eat and Ride". Ted and "Bendage" were a real comedy standup routine. As Ben stated: "Ted may be big, but he is gentle." Which summed up the comedic style. It is also a heart felt endorsement by Ben to all the single women out there. Good luck Ted.

Signed "a regular deal wither".

Rain day on Monday:

All day showers. Cold, wet, numb fingers that hurt from the cold. What more could you want. It was a GREAT way to spoil my wife with spa like conditions on our 24th anniversary. We just needed wipers for the goggles. We did have all the trails to ourselves though. What a surprise. It was a cold and wet 50 mile day.

post-13277-022174100 1315430610_thumb.jp

post-13277-040372700 1315430673_thumb.jp

post-13277-049782000 1315430733_thumb.jp

On the waterfall day:

post-13277-070881900 1315430817_thumb.jp

]

On the waterfall day:

post-13277-070881900 1315430817_thumb.jp

Look at our mouths-we are all out of breath. And that was in the first 15 miles. We all look pooped and stuned. :wacko:

Deb did not talk about her practice crash on Sat as she rolled into camp.

Biffed it :dance2::dance2: in front of a huge gallery of off roaders and kept talking up a storm. Everyone was laughing so hard we did not get any pictures.

Deb did not talk about her practice crash on Sat as she rolled into camp.

Biffed it :dance2::dance2: in front of a huge gallery of off roaders and kept talking up a storm. Everyone was laughing so hard we did not get any pictures.

ken, that was not a crash....that was a dismount....0 mph....tired after our 96 miles... :blush:

Thanks to DSFOX for setting this up! Thanks to TLKing for the awesome meals. Also Baldbeamer and mistress for the Saturday pulled pork sandwiches (so good I had two)! Thanks to Ted and Ben for the comedy show, felt like I had done 100 situps after all the laughter!

The riding was great, and so was everyone who attended!

Almost melted away from all the rain on Monday as we loaded up to go back to reality... :lol:

Well, just read all the fun yous all had, hopefully next time there is room for one more, count me in!!

If you'd like some help on the photo thing, let me know. Those are excellent pix, but a bit mucked up with "Sharpen More."

And no mucking wonder. Mucked up is in the eye of the beholder. I sharpen them until they have the effect that pleases me. I guess I just like everything mucked up. :smile_anim: