dsfox

BIG BEAR LABOR DAY WEEKEND

I'll be at Coon Cabin and Riding Big Bear all of Labor Day Weekend...at the group site......with about 15 others.......Though the vehicle space for the weekend camping is FULL.....Anyone interested could come join us for a Day Ride....Friday, Saturday, Sunday......Need an Adventure Pass to Park in the forest.......Shoot me a PM if interested.....Have Tracks and Maps also...

I am going to be at Coon with the group... I have an extra adventure pass that I will sell for $15 if anyone needs it. I ended up with two this year... I think it's good through July 2012.

See everyone there! Can't wait.

I am still contemplating Big Bear for Labor Day weekend, if I go I will definitely ride with y'all.

I am going to be at Coon with the group... I have an extra adventure pass that I will sell for $15 if anyone needs it. I ended up with two this year... I think it's good through July 2012.

See everyone there! Can't wait.

Ian I'll take the pass. I don't have one and I'm planning on coming up Saturday for a day ride.

Chris

I'm going to try to make it for one of the day's rides. :coolio: Not sure which one yet though. :unsure:

Gonna be an AWESOME weekend. Rain today ups the chance we will still be allowed to have a nice roaring camp fire.

Starting this coming Monday/Tuesday Aug 29/30th I'll be at the last yellow post campsite on the left before you get to the cabin. Easy to recognize cottage looking 10 man tent. Should be there for up to 14 days.

Consider it the Coon Creek Cabin welcome tent / Hookah Lounge

I will be coming up with the DeuPree Bros and staying in town like last year.

See ya all up there, I am making this one,,

Where does one get the adventure pass to park? Can i pick one up when i get there?

Where does one get the adventure pass to park? Can i pick one up when i get there?

If you are coming up Highway 38 you can pick one up at the US Forest Service Ranger Station at the base of the hill on the corner of Highway 38 & Bryant Street. Or you can go here to find vendors who sell them.

Ian had an extra one I was going to buy from him for $15.00. I'm not going to be able to go this ride so if he still has it your welcome to it. Just PM him for details.

Covered in Dust

Schwinny, you guys hanging for any meals?

He said NO...they will just be in town, and we might see them on the trail.....

Because we are at a Paid Group site, WE don't need adventure passes in camp....BUT anywhere else in the forest, vehicles need them...

You can buy them at REI, or any National Forest Ranger station...and the local ones are good for San Bernardino, Cleveland and Los Angeles National forests.....

See you up there...

FIRE RESTRICTIONS:

GOOD NEWS: we are clear to have camp fires IN THE RING at the site....(I checked with FS today)..

But extreme caution must be taken......I'll get the permit for stoves on the way in....

Seeing the site is in my name, I don't have $10k, Don't want to go to jail for 6 months...and don't want to loose my house because of a forest fire....

I'll be regulating the camp fires... :party: !

GUIDELINES: :torch:

Fire restrictions and guidelines effective September 1, 2011 on the San Bernardino National Forest are as follows:

Wood and charcoal fires are permitted only in developed campgrounds and picnic grounds and within agency provided fire rings or camp stoves. Wood and charcoal fires are not permitted at Yellow Post campsites, Fisherman's Camp or the following Pacific Crest Trail Camps:

Bench Camp

Deer Springs

Doble

Holcomb Crossing

Little Bear Springs

Mission Springs

• Campfire permits are required for propane and gas stoves and lanterns used outside of developed recreation sites.
  • Recreational shooting is limited to Public Shooting Ranges operated under special use permit only, except those engaged in legal hunting.
  • An approved spark arrester is required for any internal combustion engine operated on designated forest routes. These include chainsaws, generators, motorcycles, and off-highway vehicles.
  • Smoking is limited to an enclosed vehicle or building, or within a Developed Recreation Site.
  • Fireworks are always prohibited on the San Bernardino National Forest.

The US Forest Service will be aggressively citing those who do not comply with the posted restrictions. Violation of these prohibitions is subject to punishment by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than six months or both, as Class B misdemeanors under federal law. Persons may also be responsible for resource damage, suppression costs and any injuries that occur if they are found liable for causing a wildfire.

Forest visitors are encouraged to “Know Before You Go” and call ahead to the local Ranger Station to check on location conditions and restrictions at the following offices:

Yay, fire!!!! I'm bringing some marshmellows.

smiley-happy070.gif

I will bring 15 pallets and GAS for SOBE Bombs :heh:

I will bring 15 pallets and GAS for SOBE Bombs :heh:

The rangers will LOVE you. :torch:

Yay, fire!!!! I'm bringing some marshmellows.

smiley-happy070.gif

Love the smiley!!!! and good idea...I hadn't thought of marshmallows....

Doubt I'll make it up, just found out I'm moving this month....so have a lot to do !

I will be leaving right from work on Saturday after I close the shop. I will bring a big ice chest full of ice, my riding gear, one mighty KLR and a few snacks. Unlike DEATH VALLEY where i pack a full kitchen to feed 40 riders, I,m bringing a water and a few snacks and a visa card. If anyone thinks I should bring seafood let me know,, I got a hook up :)

I will be leaving right from work on Saturday after I close the shop. I will bring a big ice chest full of ice, my riding gear, one mighty KLR and a few snacks. Unlike DEATH VALLEY where i pack a full kitchen to feed 40 riders, I,m bringing a water and a few snacks and a visa card. If anyone thinks I should bring seafood let me know,, I got a hook up :)

This Trip You get to relax Tommy!.....and though we are not chefs like you, we will be eating great...Tracy and I will take care of everything!!!

see All of you up there...I'm on the road at 2 today!!! Weather looks amazing...80's days.....50's nights...not as cold as last year!

Sorry I'm going to miss this trip.....sounds like you folks will have a blast! :friends::good::drinks:

Tommy I am glad you will be there!

I am leaving early tomorrow morning, hope to be at camp before 9.

Sorry I'm going to miss this trip.....sounds like you folks will have a blast! :friends::good::drinks:

Yes, wish you could make it, :( but I will offer to drink a margarita for you with our street tacos tomorrow night!!!! :drinks:

I thought those of you who have enjoyed the Coon Creek cabin might like to read a little

history about the site. Click on the following link (to socalmountains.com) and scroll

down about half the page to read an interesting newspaper article about the cabin and

the man who built it.

Coon Creek info on Socalmountains.com