Jim

Moving on to Monterey....

All,

I wanted to drop a quick not to say thanks for the last year and a half. It was about that time that some dude on ADV by the handle Crawdaddy started posting about this new, small, fuel injected Yamaha that he was buying. I got sucked into the discussion and ended up buying my first off-road bike in over 20 years. Some call it the Girl Bike (you guys actually have my wife calling it that now!), but others call it the bike that will take you ANYWHERE!!

Well, the Navy doesn't let you stay in one place too long, and so it is, that we are moving from El Centro to Monterey. Yes, my new house is just a few miles down the road from Laguna Seca. If anyone needs a free place to stay for the USGP, we always have an open door. Kug gets first dibs on the spare bed this summer, but we have plenty of couch and floor space for everyone else. And you can't beat the price!

I want to thank those of you who have given advice and mentorship as I have jumped back into something I haven't done in a generation. Chris for getting me to drop thousands of dollars, and then a few more in the name of "safety", and all the advice a n00b bothers you for. Kug for dragging my ass through 145 miles of hell at Primm when I didn't want to on my first ride, and putting up with the boat anchor that I was that day.....and still am!

Also, the multitude of guys that have helped and become friends. Roger, Paul, Ted, Ron (my brother in slow!), Chris N., Rex, Dave, Jon and all the rest of you guys that I have come to know and ride with. It has been great.

I will still participate in the boards, and try to make it down for a ride or two a year, so hopefully it isn't goodbye, but rather see ya soon.

Take care,

Jim

Thanks for the update Jim. How is the shoulder after Bar 10? Maybe you can sneak over to Mammoth in August for a ride.

Chris

Eddie nailed it with his field diagnosis! Minor AC separation. Doesn't hurt too bad. Ankle from last year still hurts more than this!

Jim,

It has been a pleasure.. Hopefully we will ride together again soon. Glad to hear the shoulder injury was minor. Have fun exploring the countryside in Monterey..

Good luck Jim. I don't think I ever had the pleasure of riding with you. Godspeed.

Thanks Jim --looking forward to the Laguna Seca weekend.Mabey a change of scenery ( twisty back roads around Montery ) will keep the doctor away. :)

Later

All,........it isn't goodbye, but rather see ya soon.

That's right, it isn't goodbye.

Try to make it over for the CORE rides in Mammoth (August) or Bass Lake (Sept)......registration is now open for both on the CORE website.....www.CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com

( twisty back roads around Montery ) will keep the doctor away. :)

You wouldn't want to keep The Doctor away from Laguna Seca!

valentino_rossi-yamaha.jpg

Hey Jim,

Be safe up North. Glad it was only a minor separation.

Really wanted to thank you and Sharon again for hauling all our extra gear out to Bar 10 and back !

Ride safe Bro.....

Hey Jim,

Be safe up North. Glad it was only a minor separation.

Really wanted to thank you and Sharon again for hauling all our extra gear out to Bar 10 and back !

Ride safe Bro.....

+1

Well Jim, if you're healed up, you can head on over to Bass Lake (150 miles East of you) for some epic riding. Our Stewards ride is Jul 9/10 and Crawdaddy and crew will be on hand. See www.sotsnf.org for a flyer or look elsewhere on this forum.

Larry