RobATK94

Another new guy in north county

hey everyone, been eye balling this site for a few weeks waiting to get on and get in some riding. My name is Rob, im 27, living in Oceanside, and have got grand plans of making some long bike camping trips one day. ive been riding dirt for years, had an older HD sportster for awhile, and now moved on to another ATK 605 DSES. so im kind of new to the whole dual sport world. seems like a great group of guys on here, so i cant wait to hit the trails with a few of you, and check out all the good local trails that i couldnt touch before without a plate.

Welcome to the club. Plenty of rides on tap in this nice spring weather that we are having right now. ;)

hey rob, welcome to SDAR. i just got here myself, tho i've been dual sporting for 10 years now. i'm nate and i live on the west edge of vista, not too far from ya. holler if ya wanna go exploring -- anytime. i'm new to the area, so exploring anywhere sounds good to me.

hey Shift, im near college and the 76. im all about exploring, i just have no idea whats out there locally. i know there has got to be some trails on the 76 east of college, it all seems pretty wide open out there. i have been wanting to try and get to coral canyon for awhile, so that is my plan one day this weekend. either go solo or see who all is heading out there from the board and jump on to that ride. i will be out of town for a month starting monday, so i gotta get my riding fix in before than. other than the upcoming trip i have a pretty flexible work schedule and am all about afternoon rides during the week too.

Welcome! Glad you got approved! I do not know the North County areas but others may-

If you ever want to hit East County on a Sunday, let me know

I'll be hitting Jacumba this Sunday for 3 or 4 areas

hey Shift, im near college and the 76. im all about exploring, i just have no idea whats out there locally. i know there has got to be some trails on the 76 east of college, it all seems pretty wide open out there. i have been wanting to try and get to coral canyon for awhile, so that is my plan one day this weekend. either go solo or see who all is heading out there from the board and jump on to that ride. i will be out of town for a month starting monday, so i gotta get my riding fix in before than. other than the upcoming trip i have a pretty flexible work schedule and am all about afternoon rides during the week too.

i'm pretty much in the same boat as you -- i have no idea of what's around to ride. i'm right up the road from you, just off north santa fe a few miles from 76. i need to get a rear tire put on (maybe tomorrow) and i should be good to go. i'm keeping an eye on rides this weekend to see what looks good. no decisions yet...

i'm pretty much in the same boat as you -- i have no idea of what's around to ride. i'm right up the road from you, just off north santa fe a few miles from 76. i need to get a rear tire put on (maybe tomorrow) and i should be good to go. i'm keeping an eye on rides this weekend to see what looks good. no decisions yet...

Rob,

Hey man I'm right up the street from you. College and Old Grove..... Shift sounds like he is just around the corner from us. When you get back in town we should pop out the 76 and ride the Palomar TT or Nate Harrison grade.

Eddie

Nice, lots of new North County peeps. Make sure to post up any local rides your planning. I'm right off the 78 at Melrose.

is anyone going out this weekend anywhere? id like to hit a local trail, since it will be the first trail ride for the old beast. ive got this weekend than all i will be doig is dreaming about getting back and riding for a month.

nice to see lots of riders local!

rob, i'm doing some work today and getting that tire changed. the surf report looks too good to pass up tomorrow morning, so i plan on morning to mid afternoon surfing saturday and reserving sunday for some dirt riding. whether it's with others on a posted ride or some local exploratory trek.

with all the surfers in so cal, who else here surfs?

Guest Crusty

I live close too and know some stuff, thats not to far.

Guest Crusty

rob, i'm doing some work today and getting that tire changed. the surf report looks too good to pass up tomorrow morning, so i plan on morning to mid afternoon surfing saturday and reserving sunday for some dirt riding. whether it's with others on a posted ride or some local exploratory trek.

I surf. Dave introduced me to you at the meeting.

Craig.

Thougth I should say hi, not many of us have ATK's anymore. I still have my 97 605. Don't ride it to much but will break it out for a ride with you. Who knows we may start a new old ATK club in north county.

Covered in Rotax

let do it! lets get all the ATKs back out on the trails! but anyways, not sure what everyone is up to, but ive never been to corral canyon. id like to get out there tomorrow morning a check it out. its local, and it looks like a good first time trail ride for the ATK. if you want to go lets throw out some times and make this happen.

I surf. Dave introduced me to you at the meeting.

Craig.

right on. maybe i'll start a surfing thread in the correct forum to see if anyone wants to ride waves sometime. :cool04:

welcome to the club...lots of rides of all types going on...you mentioned bike camping....kkug is going to the river next week....search "bikepacking".....you'll find it...