Yeah, yeah... I'm a dad, and I "should spend the day home with the family"...

yeah; well it's MY day, and I'm going for a ride in the morning. It will be hot, so I'm suiting up at the Corral Canyon road starting right near buckman, and riding until it gets hot

Trail selection and pace will depend on the riders... we will do at least Kernan, 1 and 2... maybe 6, 8 and 9

if the group passes these trail tests, and it's not 90 degrees, maybe we can do part of Ranger (the opposite way from last time).

I'm going to be careful with the black diamonds from now on... you have to complete trail 8 or 9 before I'm leading you on Ranger

bring water and flat repair needs

Careful on black diamonds? You, the self proclaimed intermediate slow rider. Huh.

you forgot slow, OLD, intermediate rider.

I just meant, I'm going to stay with my tried and true group philosophy of: Start easy, slowly ramp up until it's tough enough, then ride an easy trail

If I start with Kernan, then run 1 to 2 to 6, to part of 1... and everybody keeps up, then we can try 8 or 9 (my "de-n00bing trails") if 8 or 9 are too tough, at least they are relatively short with fewer obstacles. Ranger just keeps throwing stuff at you, and only has 3 bailouts I'm aware of.

If 8 and 9 are easy, then Ranger and 3 are next... if those are easy, 3A, 5 and 7 are next (I don't even like those trails... too much work, not enough flow for me)

Just trying to get people a feel of what they can expect. Intermediate and slow describes me pretty well

You must be lickin' your chops Bob. Their we're a bunch of noob's showing up on last weekends ride just itchin' to test their metal against what's out there. Bikeslut's definitely the one to show you around. Just make sure your insurance is paid up. :lmaosmiley:

You must be lickin' your chops Bob. Their we're a bunch of noob's showing up on last weekends ride just itchin' to test their metal against what's out there. Bikeslut's definitely the one to show you around. Just make sure your insurance is paid up. :lmaosmiley:

unfair accusation... you have ridden with me multiple times... have you ever needed insurance? life flight? first aid? bike repair? NO... ok... there was that one time on trail 8, when you decide to replace the K model... otherwise; smiles all around... right? RIGHT?

that's right... smiles all around

Their we're a bunch of noob's showing up on last weekends ride just itchin' to test their metal against what's out there.

OK... while we're on this topic. intermediate riders on small bikes should be able to complete this ride... intermediate to me is able to ride small steps, able to control a one wheeled slide, good clutch modulation... rarely stall, don't drag you foot through the corners, able to keep traction under steep conditions, and when in doubt, gas out...Axel is going. If you want to search Axel Dirolf on youtube, that will show you pace and skill set... ignore the video of me crashing face first into a boulder

unfair accusation... you have ridden with me multiple times... have you ever needed insurance? life flight? first aid? bike repair? NO... ok... there was that one time on trail 8, when you decide to replace the K model... otherwise; smiles all around... right? RIGHT?

that's right... smiles all around

So that was trail 8. I still haven't tried that one again...... yet Maybe this weekend.

I simply believe you thoroughly enjoy the process of showing new riders around our local trails, sometimes to their minor detriment. I learned some of my best riding lessons out with you. And once I caught my breath again, I was all smiles.

Your very dependable to get someone through to safe ground once they're in the thick of it. I trust you, but I also respect your talent for mayhem.

yeah... that was trail 8, right before the steep drop. That's why I call it a de-n00bing trail... if you can ride that trail with confidence (and I believe YOU can) you are no longer a n00b. There is the rocky climb, the steep drop (pucker), and the rocky slab climb. All test your skills, but all accomplished with a little finesse and commitment.

Once you've ridden that trail, Ranger is a small step up...

I didn't "ride with" any of the people on the n00b ride this weekend, except for a small section with tw. I wouldn't recommend a KLR for the Father's Day ride, nor a DR650. Mainly because of rock clearance concerns... if you have a good skid plate, and don't mind testing it, by all means join in

Again; we start out with Kernan. Nothing major on that trail, but throttle is needed. I've ridden my KLR on that numerous times. Trail 1 is possible on a KLR as is 2 and 6.

and Spur

I wouldn't take MY KLR on 8 or 9 or Ranger. Street tires, 19 inch front, and 90 mph gearing... But it is probably possible.

Most other single cylinder bikes would be good on these trails.

As wildwood says... we'll do our best to keep everybody safe. If any obstacle looks too tough, just tell me, and I'll ride (or crash) your bike for that section (right Ken?)

All this stuff is rideable... it's all about gradually building confidence. Don't let anybody scare you... I haven't lost a n00b yet

Hey bikeslug , oops I meen bikeslut. (Stupid smart phone).

If no one else gets with the fathers day ride then I will go out there and hit at least kernan, 1 4,6, and maybe 8 . Following you.

But then I gotta bail to go scout a good spot at ski beach on the wave runner for the summer picnic coming up.

others that are too cool to post here :coolio:

No, I'm not available, but thanks for the shout.

Lurking/would love to join the conga line, if the 0600 start is on. need something a little different.

0600 for sure...love to have you robert! and George! And Darren! I don't know who Pal M Bowersox is

re read and kind of understood but a re check verification needed, where to stage? 0600 meet or 0530 meet and ride at 0600?

I am in. This will be my first ride with the Rekluse, so I'll be looking for some trails to see if it was worth buying.

Per robertaccio, please confirm exact starting schedule and meeting place. It's been years since I have really explored that area, so don't want risk missing the start.

0600 for sure...love to have you robert! and George! And Darren! I don't know who Pal M Bowersox is

PMB = "Headset Harmony" :lmaosmiley:

... have adventure pass available...Take 8 east to the buckman springs exit, turn Right (South)... go about 4 miles to the Corral Canyon Road(right before the bridge that ices before road) turn right onto the dirt road toward OHV area... maybe 100 yards into the road is a turnabout with some large oak trees. Park there IF you are on a plated bike.

If you are NOT on a plated bike... stay on the road about 3 more miles to the crossing of Kernan Cycle trail; unload there and we'll scoop you up there.

The dirt road is very bumpy for about a mile, then is paved for the remainder of the drive... wear a bruxguard if you're driving that mile

When I say 6 am, I am usually ready to ride at 6. I'm not perfect (damn close) and sometimes run a little bit late, but it takes me 5 minutes to fire up the bike and suit up.

I'm anti-social, so need to sit around and BS... I'm ready to ride

AXEL on the other hand, may be late... he tends to sleep in.

Sounds like a good group if all you guys show... we should knock out 6 or 8 trails before all the droolers show up, and get home in time to watch DVR racing

I am in. This will be my first ride with the Rekluse, so I'll be looking for some trails to see if it was worth buying.

You won't notice it the first few trails, but once we hit trail 8 and Ranger, you will know

Ordinarily, I would agree with you about meeting more guys..."these guys"?.....not so much

that said from the kind and gentle host. looks good to see y'all maybe 2 of us, me no plate, he plate

hey Bob would my 650 be too big of a bike to take on this ride I know it's not as big as a Klr but sometimes it feels like that lol

I would ride an XR650 on these trails no worries.

DR650- most of them yes

GS650- not most of them

DL650-lol- no