Goofy Footer

Canard / Weimer Bad Crass - Detroit 2015 Supercross

Trey Canard landed on Jake Weimer while racing in heat/semi this past weekend during the Detroit Supercross. Unfortunately Trey was on the receiving end of an eerily similar crash a few years back at the Los Angeles Supercross. Both riders broke their arms and other details are being released slowly. Yikes.

032115-motor-canard%20injured%20detroit%

Saw this happen on TV...was not pretty... :crying_anim02:

I watched it happen live too. I really feel bad for Canard because he has had more than his share of injuries. He seems to be a stand up guy who keeps coming back from more. I relate to that never give up attitude!

James Stewart's take on it:

Crazy seeing a lot of guys crashing tonight. Hope everyone is ok. I don't know how many riders need to get injured before someone does something about it. Having back to back rhythms right off the start is so dumb because you have guys landing on each other because you don't know if the guy in front of you will jump or not. I know as a racer, I cringe every time I see a short start into a long rhythm.

The slow mo at the end of the video where you see his head slam back and forth is chilling.

The AMA should be ashamed. We do not see many of the injuries in supercross. Many happen earlier in the day when trying to make the night show, maybe for the first time. I believe strongly that the promoters are endangering the riders with dangerous tracks. Add to this that many riders who actually bang off a couple of top ten finishes cant get a ride. Add to that the AMA does not pay squat. Don't get me on my soapbox.