Afry

2 day Baja lobster run in June

** Date change since the 16th is Fathers Day, we are on for the following weekend of the 22nd-23rd **

Thinking about a bike bike friendly (with 50/50 tires) run down for lobster and fun.

http://www.dualsport...om/?link=109729

Designed for big bikes with 50/50 tires but all are welcome. The idea is to meet near the border in SD at 10 AM crossing at TJ then run 36 (paved) miles to Puerto Neuvo for lobster, beer and supplies.

Lobster.jpgShampoo.jpg

Then 65 miles paved down the coast and inland to Ojos were we pick up the Compadre Trail (easy dirt) for 55 miles to Rancho Santa Veronica for drinks/dinner/drinks/sleep/breakfast at the motel/spa. Rooms are about $45 per person with safe bike parking since it's in the country.

2012-12-08+09.54.57.jpg

2012-12-08+07.03.05.jpg

2012-12-07+20.20.31.jpg

2012-12-07+19.58.38.jpg

Then in the AM head back to Border (paved - 45min) through Tecate then and up and down Otay Mtn taking Campo Rd back home.

Should have a passport but some get back home without one.

What ya think? We need to make reservations and such so need to make plans now.

Sounds like fun! Let me check my social calendar.

Oh, and I have to decide which bike to ride...

This loop is Scram friendly.

We don't care which one you ride we only care that you film Lobster Run #2 - the sequel! biggrin.gif

This is nothing like the other lobster run we took - Compadre trail is a wide fairly smooth and sometimes high speed dirt road used for Baja races. There are some sections of sand which are straight and not very long - maybe 100-200 yards. Mostly rolling hard pack - think Boulder Creek Rd but straighter.

Very tempting, may buy some 50/50's and change to street gears. Any beach riding available on this route? Does $45.00 cover meals at the hotel also?

Will lurk a bit

Sounds good but going to be riding somewhere else that weekend. Looks like a fun trip.

Very tempting, may buy some 50/50's and change to street gears. Any beach riding available on this route? Does $45.00 cover meals at the hotel also?

Will lurk a bit

Hold please.....

Here is their response -

Hi Arnie,

The cost per room in the weekends it's $85DLLS. the dinner $12DLLS. and the breakfast $8DLLS.

Hotelera de Tecate B.C., S.A.ReservacionesTel: (664)686-4110Fax: (664)622-543001(800)025-4380 MEX.1(888)556-6288 USA.haciendasantaveronica@hotmail.eswww.ranchosantaveronica.com

The rooms have two beds and count on $20 for lobster on Saturday. So figure it's going to cost $85 for food and bed - the drinking part is up to you, I think the beers are $2 or $3 each at RSV so $400-500 should do it heh.gif

Will lurk a bit

Hold please.....

Here is their response -

Hi Arnie,

The cost per room in the weekends it's $85DLLS. the dinner $12DLLS. and the breakfast $8DLLS.

Hotelera de Tecate B.C., S.A.ReservacionesTel: (664)686-4110Fax: (664)622-543001(800)025-4380 MEX.1(888)556-6288 USA.haciendasantaveronica@hotmail.eswww.ranchosantaveronica.com

The rooms have two beds and count on $20 for lobster on Saturday. So figure it's going to cost $85 for food and bed - the drinking part is up to you, I think the beers are $2 or $3 each at RSV so $400-500 should do it heh.gif

Is this an open invite to all forum members? If so, I'm in if you don't mind my riding a xt250 - I have a v-strom but I'd be picking it up every few feet in the sand.....

Is this an open invite to all forum members? If so, I'm in if you don't mind my riding a xt250 - I have a v-strom but I'd be picking it up every few feet in the sand.....

Everyone is invited - I tend to stay on the conservative side (60ish) on the street knowing others have lower bike speed limits.

Not sure how we will handle reservations at RSV yet. I don't want to get in the business of collecting deposits so I may have those going pair up themselves, split the room and making their own reservations.

I have seen Noob's on 1200GSA's handle this trail with ease but you need to be in your comfort level because we are well.... doing this for fun.

I just realized this is Fathers day weekend if makes a difference we can do it the next weekend but need to decide soon. We should be home by noonish on Sunday.

I get home late that friday........after being on the road from 05/28

If goes well....... I will have my bags packed and looking to join in on the fun, most likely could use a little get away after that stretch........party.gif

Father's day weekend works for me. I may skip Otay Mtn and slab it back on Hwy 94.

Or, the next weekend works too, if that works better for others.

** Date change since the 16th is Fathers Day, we are on for the following weekend of the 22nd-23rd **

Looks like so far we have 5 from SD and at least 2 from the OC! I will post an "in" list on the first page as we get closer.

Figure 2 to a room ($45 each) and having dinner ($12) and breakfast ($8) @ RSV. I'm thinking everyone should contact them on their own with a buddy to get their own reservations. If you need help or someone to pair up with let me know. http://www.ranchosan...ronica.com/?asp (click the little American flag on the upper right to see the site in English)

Bummer...that's the same weekend as the Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride.

Nooooooooooooooo! I just realized I am going to Vegas on Sunday June 23. Now I have to see if I can still swing this trip and get back in time.

I asked RSV about room availability and cancellation policy.

Response from RSV

"There's no problem on changing the date, we have availability, but we will need to know more or less the total rooms you will be needing, so we can have an idea, and if you want to cancel, you have to do it within 3 days before your arrival But you can pay at the Ranch once you get there or call us at (664)681-7428 or 29 and make the payment in Credit Card."<br style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">

Have fresh passport - Will ride for Lobster & Tequila shots

Hey Afry,

Thanks for setting this up and making it an open invite. I'm down, I mean in, whatever. I'll call and make reservation tomorrow.

Looking forward to this and riding w/ y'all.