Would you consider this doable on a tw 200? And if so would you mind riding a little slower(like maybe around ~50is mph~). I might be able to go if my arm is healed by then, which I beleive it will be.

It might be doable on a 200. Unfortunately, this is the preride and I can't honestly say. I'll let you know in 3 weeks. We might be able to go slower if you joined us, but even if your bones have knit and your Doc says it's ok do you think your arm and body are going to be in condition for a 500 mile 3 day ride?

are hotel reservations necessary for day one?

I've been moving this weekend and to make matters worse I've been sick as a dog (Those are the two excuses I have for not going to bikesluts show last night, what yours?). No internet and lack of energy have kept me off the site, sorry. I planned to stay at the Ramada, I can call and make the reservations for us. How many rooms?

Would you consider this doable on a tw 200? And if so would you mind riding a little slower(like maybe around ~50is mph~). I might be able to go if my arm is healed by then, which I beleive it will be.

Have you considered re-gearing the tw for freeway use? If it was my only bike, I would put a smaller sprocket on the back... only the steepest of hills would be an issue for new gearing, and I've found the engine is more of an issue with my large self...and you can bulldog it up the steepest hills.

You might be able to add a tooth to the front sprocket (check clearance) or get a smaller back sprocket (like 3 teeth)

Also kj, I don't know how tall you are, but adding seat foam (available on-line in the firmness required for motorcycle seats) might help out the overall comfort on the bike.

I can help with either of those things if you PM me.

It might be doable on a 200.

Here's another Option :lol::):D

Were the 2006 models street legal?

Were the 2006 models street legal?

Not from the factory - I'm not sure what the "emission sticker" situation is on those (I suspect they don't have one)....

how about that beach to river trip? Any of you ladies coming? :lol:

how about that beach to river trip? Any of you ladies coming? :rolleyes:

Probably not :curtsey: .....my gas range is ~100 miles.....besides, I'm thinking about riding across Death Valley (again) at the end of March.....

Just a little something to build the excitement. Maybe this will persuade the undecided to accept the challenge before them.

post-174-1205024839_thumb.jpgpost-174-1205024910_thumb.jpg

The tent will go under the sleeping bag. I will carry my jacket, sweat shirt(maybe sweat pants) rolled up on the rear rack. Myself and the ogio vest. That should be all thats needed.

It might be doable on a 200. Unfortunately, this is the preride and I can't honestly say. I'll let you know in 3 weeks. We might be able to go slower if you joined us, but even if your bones have knit and your Doc says it's ok do you think your arm and body are going to be in condition for a 500 mile 3 day ride?

are hotel reservations necessary for day one?

I've been moving this weekend and to make matters worse I've been sick as a dog (Those are the two excuses I have for not going to bikesluts show last night, what yours?). No internet and lack of energy have kept me off the site, sorry. I planned to stay at the Ramada, I can call and make the reservations for us. How many rooms?

Ughh, yea I guess you have a point there. The arm and shoulder will be sore and weak, not the best for rigorous trail riding I suppose. Damn it I hate not going on rides! Oh well. Oh and as far as gearing on my bike, gearing higher would indeed be the best choice economically(bike would last longer and more mpg). However, I am planning on gearing even lower because I have found some hills that I BARELY make it up in 2nd gear. +5 teeth is the plan to give me more 2nd gear power. It might sound crazy but I really enjoy some of the really technical type of off roading where you need tractor gearing(with a small engine at least) hehe. I'm also going to get a larger/better gripping tire which will be available 2 weeks from now. It is actually made for a yamaha rhino but it will fit on my tw200 :lol: It is 25x9r14. Stock is same diameter but 8" wide. :o

post-3138-1205288456_thumb.jpg

Rooms are reserved, Ramada El Centro, CA. $55+tax.

Thanks Jon!

Since no one has mentioned whos bringing what, I'll list what tools I normally pack and you can tell me if already have one of those.

I'll have a full size 3/8ths ratchet and 8mm,10mm,12mm,13mm sockets, screw driver, some allen sockets for handle bars and carb, tire spoons, a 21" tube, tire patch kit, and C02, razor blade, and pliers. Thats about the extent of my tools.

I've got a spare air filter (oiled in a baggie) I'm packing too. Just a thought in case you want to do the same. Prabably won't need it but eating hondapilots dust for 500 miles might get messy.

Anyway, I'm super super stoked to get out of work friday and get to ride for 3 days straight! <_<

Spaugh,

I was hoping to organize a meeting of the minds for pizza and beer before we get on the trails so we can discuss who'll pack what for a group pack-out. I guess it'll have to be an email based meeting for the pack out list as I'm hitting the road tomorrow through next Wednesday.

Mike, Spaugh, Pyro and anyone else that intends to ride next weekend PM me your email address and we'll start the talks.

Jon

So who is in? We are down to around 9 days.

For Sure: Spaugh

Hondapilot

Myself

Maybe: Pyro

Tools - I am pretty well set. To much to sit here and list.

Tire stuff - 2 irons, 18 tube, 21 tube, patch kit, pump, co2, small slime( if someone else wants to carry )

First Aid - Pretty extensive kit.

Gas can

small oil

Tent

Sleeping bag

Clothes - 2 extra days worth

Snacks

Water

Wish I could go. I bet the weather is going to be awesome. Free Pirate Monkey die cut sticker to any one of you willing to ride it into the hostile foreign lands of AZ. It has tremendous protective powers (verified because I'm not dead yet!)

post-1009-1206111734_thumb.jpg

Come back to us safely and do not pet the gila monsters no matter how cute they look.

Wish I could go. I bet the weather is going to be awesome. Free Pirate Monkey die cut sticker to any one of you willing to ride it into the hostile foreign lands of AZ. It has tremendous protective powers (verified because I'm not dead yet!)

I wish you could join us too. I'd love a Pirate Monkey Clan sticker but as mighty as the protective powers of it are I dare not ride into the hostile lands of AZ. That place scares me ;)

POSTER-ZoniesPK.jpg

Even the Germans are scared of Zonies.

Only 4 more days.

I pulled a few desert temps today while flying from San Diego to Phoenix and back. This afternoon it was 90 degress in most of the desert. Last night saw a low of 50 degrees in El Centro and 55 in Blythe. It is the perfect time to go.

My bike is ready, I have a few things left to pack onto the bike and backpack, the GPS is loaded, hmm, what else am I forgetting? oh well, 4 more days to remember.

got all my stuff together, did a 130 mile desert shakedown run this weekend with a couple buddies. New tire is mounted, tools are loaded, camping gear etc, blah blah all ready to go.

If the weather.com is right, its going to be mid 80s by day, 50s by night in the middle of the low desert. Perfect!

What time and where are we meeting on friday? Sorry if its already posted somewhere.

Today was 93 in Yuma and the dude that pumped 257 gallons of Jet-A into my plane said overnight temps have been in the high 50's. He also mentioned a place called Bikini Island, said the scenery is to die for, may be good for campi.....nevermind....:declare:

I'd say meet at my place since it's very safe for parking, if you're driving. The time will be 0800, I'll pm the address.

You guys have my number...

have truck; will travel

You need anything, give me a call... have a blast and take lots of pictures

Thanks, I've got your number and I've got my camera.

Talk to all ya'll next week.

Jon

Hope all went well with the ride. Look forward to the write-up. :) Ken

some small misfortunes on the ride. jon is going to do a write up later this week. Main thing is we all made it back home alive :)