Spaugh

mccain valley 12/24/10

great ride guys. nice to meet you kkug and dan. Everyone rode really fast and made this ride even with 5 riders a breeze. Here is some video.

After dan and digdug left, we went and did more riding and went down this hill. I thought I could go up it but the wet rocks and tires didn't work out. I'll go back and give it another go. its a lot steeper than it looks. free lunch for anyone that goes up it. josh and ken thought it was really hilarious.

Hey Spaugh,

Still riding the 300 smoker eh... McCain looks awesome.. hope to be out there sometime soon maybe Feb hope to be able to do some riding with you guys.... Jeff :coolio:

great ride guys. nice to meet you kkug and dan. Everyone rode really fast and made this ride even with 5 riders a breeze. Here is some video.

After dan and digdug left, we went and did more riding and went down this hill. I thought I could go up it but the wet rocks and tires didn't work out. I'll go back and give it another go. its a lot steeper than it looks. free lunch for anyone that goes up it. josh and ken thought it was really hilarious.

Will it count if i have the trials tire on the back? Its kinda cheatin so i just want to check first cause free lunch sounds good???????? Great videos by the way hope the bike is ok after chasing you back down the hill.

The late crew of Dirt Diva, SanDhusky and myself showed up a little later than the rest of the guys. We were the Cafe Husky wrecking crew, although only one of us was repping a Husqvarna for the day's ride. We disappeared onto the singletrack early on and never ran across the other crew all day. I only recognized one trail from the videos that Brad posted,that we were on and that was the third one down. We took that one on our way back to the staging area. Mitch could only ride for a little while, as he had some holiday socializing duties to attend to, so he went back around midway out. No problem for him as he lives out in that area. :) Diva and I went on to enjoy the stellar weather and dirt conditions, racking up about 28 miles of twisting, rock strewn singletrack that threaded between the cactus and over hill and dale and an occasional mudhole. It was the perfect way to spend Christmas Eve day. ^_^

It was great riding with Mitch. I always love to watch how good he is in the dirt. And it was great riding with Diva. Diane is a good rider and enjoys the same types of terrain that I do, so I suspect we'll be getting in more rides together soon. :good:

I got myself a new pair of winter gloves and a cheap camera to replace the ones that went missing and quit working last week. The gloves worked out pretty good....I didn't take too many pictures, but the new camera looks like it will work out fine too.

At the staging area, getting ready to ride.

101_0016.jpg

Out on a trail, just below "The Steps".

101_0017.jpg

We was there.

101_0018.jpg

It was nice to meet up with you guys, thanks for a great introduction to McCain

Look forward to more rides, and sorry I missed the late day up hill adventure - great to catch that on video...

The other ones were awesome too - Thanks again

What a great day we had. The vid,s and pic,s are great. Thanks Dan for the Brats and the Soadas.

And yes the vid does not show how steep the wall was.

Hey Spaugh,

Still riding the 300 smoker eh... McCain looks awesome.. hope to be out there sometime soon maybe Feb hope to be able to do some riding with you guys.... Jeff :coolio:

Thats a new (older) bike, its a CA plated 380 smoker. See you in Feb Jeff!

Will it count if i have the trials tire on the back? Its kinda cheatin so i just want to check first cause free lunch sounds good???????? Great videos by the way hope the bike is ok after chasing you back down the hill.

yes, I think a dry trials tire with low pressure would have been all that was needed for the hill. The first bump up is pretty vertical, hard to tell in the vid, I got my rear tire where I wanted it but it spun on the middle rock face. my offer for free lunch still stands!

Great vids. I'm sitting here at the in-laws wishing I was there instead. Maybe next monday I will actually be able to get out and ride.

nice from both rides. did end up riding thurs at same location was a waste of time, lower back is completly wasted. Out on injured reserve for the moment, Mitch glad you did not show on thurs.

nice from both rides. did end up riding thurs at same location was a waste of time, lower back is completly wasted. Out on injured reserve for the moment,

Uh oh! Hope it's something that a little rest will fix! :o