SCHWINN

Got pics of flood conditions?

I had to go to my sisters house in Trabuco Canyon today. She called and said that they cant leave the canyon. I already knew the bridge was blown out from the Rancho Santa Margarita side so I took El Toro road up to Cooks Corner biker bar and was greeted by CHP Officer Hall and he is turning away peeps but let me thru with my Fire Dept plates. He was cool and said he wanted a report when I come back out.

trabuco5.jpg

trabuco3.jpg

This guy in the dozer turned around and said follow me thru the mud.

trabuco1.jpg

trabuco.jpg

No pics from today, but while I was driving around, there were creeks rushing across some of the streets I was driving on and one poor guy's driveway must have been under more than two feet of water. :unsure:

Wish I did. However funny story:

I took P1 to work this morning, we drove through a 3 foot, 1/4 mile stretch of flooding. In my truck this was no big feat, eventhough I chose to use 4H it was not remotely needed. The guy in an Accord behind me did not fair so well... He had to climb out the window. When I drove beack through 5 minutes later I stopped to check on him and found out his phone was submerged. Just for giggles I hooked him up to the truck anf pulled the dummy out. Good guy but he has not clue what he is doing.

Sometimes being a Kentucky kid has benefits....

well this pic is of san diego mission rd this morning. someone had tried to cross it last night and wasnt even close to making it as the deepest was probably nearing 8 ft high.

IMAG0368.jpg

this one is of padre damn which usually has a small amount of water going through.

IMAG0379.jpg

My wife is accustomed to me comming up with BS stories so she never believed my story that in 1978 a friend of mine and I paddled our kayaks from near Ramona all the way down through San Pasqual Valley past the Wild Animal Park to Lake hodges. The river was running so strong that year that the bridge on 78 washed out and I had to drive through Poway to get from Ramona to San Marcos every day for almost a year while they built a new bridge. I got her into the truck yesterday and drove her to the San Pasqual bridge and showed her what a raging torrent of rapids that creek could become.

Wish I still had my kayak. :D

Damn.......I guess Mission Valley is flooded in parts ??

Mission Valley and Fashion Valley Malls were both closed down due to flooding from what I heard yesterday.

My Jeep flooded. <_< Just from standing out in nearly a weeks worth of steady and wind driven rain. There were pools of water standing on the floor in front and behind the passenger side. Mopped most of it up with towels and hoping to get the rest dried out with a fan by tonight.

I rode the Husky around yesterday taking pics. Then Wayne and I hiked Rose Canyon to see if we could find anything interesting (a slug-covered football was the best we could do). If you hate your (or your S.O.'s) dog, yesterday would've been a great time to play fetch in the culvert; that water was hauling ass.

Pics here.

Drove down the 8 today to 5 south.....looks as though there are lots of homeless camps that were washed away. :torch:

Much nicer to see natural "clean up"

No floor plugs on the Jeep?

Yeah, but I didn't feel like peeling that sopping heavy carpet back to find them. I just lefted the edge and shoved some towels underneath. :lol: The hard part is getting the carpeting to dry. Too cold and cloudy to count on the heat of the sun to help.