Can't get any more San Diego than that.

That's what I'm talkin' bout Zeno! :king:

"" Then, on July 16, 1769, Mission San Diego de Alcalá was established by Junípero Serra on Presidio Hill. Less than a month after the Mission was established, an uprising of Indians occurred; four Spaniards were wounded and a boy was killed. After the attack, the Spaniards built a stockade which was finished in March 1770. It included two bronze cannons: one pointed to the bay, the other to the nearby Indian village. (One of the cannons, El Jupiter, is now in the Serra Museum) "" wikipedia

So Where is the next Tag? A dirt tag would be nice.

So Where is the next Tag? A dirt tag would be nice.

You may expect the next tag by Sunday morning.....biggrin.gif

Ohhh no! What? You grabbed it on the way home from work today? I knew it was easy, but not that easy . . Nice one bro! :coolio:

No- I got it, but BS uploaded the image for me. It's only 5-10 mins from my house.

Ohhh no! What? You grabbed it on the way home from work today? I knew it was easy, but not that easy . . Nice one bro! :coolio:

No- I got it, but BS uploaded the image for me. It's only 5-10 mins from my house.

So hard to tell.....those DRZ's look very similar :lol:

Must be why they are getting stolen lately......

I'm convinced my bike was stolen in a case of mistaken identity... they got two miles away, saw the "suzuki" on the key and said "not worth the effort"

woo hoo!

Yeah- Paul; saw you were stymied by your fat fingers and tiny keys, so I uploaded the image for you; hope that was ok...

hhhmmmmmmmm... Paul is riding the border from IB to Ocotillo today... Ben- expect the tag to be DIRT

People uploading other's tags? Seems suspicious... This is what a DRZ looks like at the Presidio

post-14322-085359300 1304797489_thumb.jp

People uploading other's tags? Seems suspicious... This is what a DRZ looks like at the Presidio

post-14322-085359300 1304797489_thumb.jp

I assure you that was TOTALLY on the up and up... Paul was on his iPhone, and was having posting issues; nonetheless, he was there first and posted a LINK to his picture; I just saved his picture (and yes... :heh: ... I checked the photo properties to make sure it wasn't an old picture... he lives right around the corner from there, so that was my suspicion when he posted the picture so quickly... aren't we the cynical bunch? :torch: )

anyway goofy- we'll see where Paul posts the next tag on HIS DRZ, then I will ride out there with you on OUR DRZs, and post the pic...

I'm going to try and take an extra day off this week, and Mother's Day will NOT be spent on a bike... I'm just not that brave :blush:

Seems pretty clear that Tag players take their game pretty seriously. Yeah I know, I am guilty too.

New tag shot today, but it's on Pyro's camera, and we are thereby subject to his schedule...

New tag shot today, but it's on Pyro's camera, and we are thereby subject to his schedule...

that's the stupidest thing I ever heard of... :wacko: YOU get his tag, I post your picture of his tag, then you post a picture of your tag, from his camera :coolio:

I assume he also took a picture of his bike where you TAGGED YOUR DRZ, so he can claim the tag without actually riding out there again? :blink:

I CALL FOUL SIR

:lol:

Ah, jeeze, here we go.

I'm IN the new photo, that's why I requested he take the image. I have another I shot with my own phone, but you'll never get it. So, out of kindness, respect and admiration for you and the rest of the SDAR crew, I chose to emphasize the achievable rather than the obscure.

Pyro and I were in some very strange places today, one person we met looked like a cross between the doo-dah man and Dumbledore, but was hip-packing a pistol on his desert cammos. And no, he was not LEO.

keepontruckin.gif

I assume he also took a picture of his bike where you TAGGED YOUR DRZ, so he can claim the tag without actually riding out there again? :blink::lol:

I did of coarse! mawhahaahahahahhaahhahahahaha I was there and my photo skills are superb :party:

Ahhhh Tag. I love it!

Notice how it seems to bring out the best in all players.

Ok, here it is, and I'm not giving any hints- it's too easy. Pyro did apologize for the technical nature of the shot.

IMG_2402.jpg

So- nobody up for this tag? It's really pretty easy.

Well, based on what I can see in the picture (quality as it is)

It is some combination of low hills, a dirt road, an unreadable signs and sasquatch wearing a helmet

I see nothing that can help me pinpoint the location

The sign is unique- I'll hint that it's south of 8, east of the beach and west of Buckman Springs.

Ain't I helpful?

The sign is unique- I'll hint that it's south of 8, east of the beach and west of Buckman Springs.

Ain't I helpful?

well that is a perfect description of my house in Alpine... and your house in Mission Hills... quite a bit of ground to cover, doncha think?

The only part I can even see in the sign says KEEP OUT, so; except for the dirt road, it could be my sons' room...

but he doesnt have power lines in the background either...

SO- "thread killer"... either cough up some clues, or claim your own tag and get a new location people will get... of course, that's just my advice... but I have no way of knowing where that is

Well, I didn't want to give more details for fear of insulting other riders. I'm clearly not as fearless as you.

But...

The sign says "Study Area" and I'm cleverly holding my hand over the Y to make a new word. And the area is east of the 5 and west of Alpine. It's EASILY accessible by big bike, even behemoth R1200GS is or WeeStroms. Heck, I might be able to drive my truck there.

So what you are saying is that it is east of the ocean and west of the mountains. You may have to throw an even bigger bone to eliminate this tag. I have read your ride post from that day a couple of times and concluded I would have to ride the border road from TJ to Jacumba. Do you have a pic of maybe a trailhead?

I did a google search for Study Area and sasquatch, and the only location that popped up was in Washington... everything south of the 8 was a chupacabra something or other...

I'm with you Ben... I sure hope the study area is significant