Awesome game! I know where that bridge is...I think. I know WHAT that bridge is. But I would probably get lost getting to it :P

Awesome game! I know where that bridge is...I think. I know WHAT that bridge is. But I would probably get lost getting to it :P

You've been there, Wil...

I know I have...more than once too :P. I'm just blanking out on how to get to it at the moment...

Well it's been a couple weeks, someone else gonna post a new spot? If not, I'll see if I can get out today and grab one.

Technically that tag is still valid until Friday (Tag-o-rama 3 week rule)

Ah, 3 weeks, I thought it was 2. Ok then, maybe I'll get out there this week.

I know exactly where it is. My research to date reveals locked gates between it and pavement.

Approach from the west?

I know exactly where it is. My research to date reveals locked gates between it and pavement.

- There are no gates except on the private land north east (about 3 miles) of the site.

- The most enteraining of the simple and legal routes is to enter near the Tecate border crossing.

Me thinks to many people are afraid to get their bikes dirty. :angry:

That said, if this is standing this afternoon I will get another dirt oriented one (though even easier than this one, if that is even possible) on Friday, espcially if SicVic joins me as it will be his first tag.

I disagree. I was at Desert Dash this year and saw many filthy bikes. Although you and your bike must have been in the top 10 most filthy. I think you're tag hasn't been tagged due to timing, not location. I bet if you leave it alone someone will tag it by the end of the weekend. The rules don't say a new tag MUST be posted after 3 weeks; only that a new tag MAY be posted after 3 weeks.

It's been sitting there long enough - I'm taking the prize tomorrow.

- There are no gates except on the private land north east (about 3 miles) of the site.

- The most enteraining of the simple and legal routes is to enter near the Tecate border crossing.

That said, if this is standing this afternoon I will get another dirt oriented one (though even easier than this one, if that is even possible) on Friday, espcially if SicVic joins me as it will be his first tag.

You better hurry I know someone with a plan, you can get there on your big bike if need be. Hint I rode thru that tunnel years ago, ( Not Advisable! ), proceeded to have some great tacos and an all around adventuresome day.

Yup, I am working with some guys to get one on Wednesday.

So are we calling this one dead? I thought I could get it tomorrow, but just don't feel up to riding that road solo (Yes Dave, I know YOU rode it solo).

There ought to be some recognition for a Tagger who was willing to go the extra effort to get a cool Tag no one else was willing to duplicate. :blush:

Tag completed! Very nice ride today. Even went to the top of the lookout mountain on the u.s. side above Tecate. Awesome view.

Lots of border road and a few shortcuts back to hwy 94. About 75 miles in 4.5 hrs.

post-13344-005923300 1302994070_thumb.jp

Next Tag, This should be an easy one.

post-13344-082625100 1302994194_thumb.jp

Extra Credit...

post-13344-055663600 1302994264_thumb.jp

Good luck all. That was fun!

Ben

Good for you for getting that tag, Ben. Where was that train trestle locted? Can we get a couple of clues on the new one?

Good for you for getting that tag, Ben. Where was that train trestle locted? Can we get a couple of clues on the new one?

I can just tell you where it is... :ph34r:

for a price

nice that things are in South/East now, I may be able to play

*load kids and bike in truck, drive to point, keep kids in truck, unload bike, take picture, load bike, pretend I was able to ride :angry:

Where was that train trestle locted?

The original tag pic was taken at 32.587103° -116.535857°

The trestle is immediately SE of there.

Trestle /tunnel is on the border road a few miles east of Tecate. A clue on the new tag..... Historical General store, and while in the area go to the train museum and take a train ride. No clue on extra credit except its around there somewhere.

Hey Bikeslut I have a 15 year old daughter who might babysit and we live within sight of Kernan, HMMMM, fenced yard, dad rides, kids play. You would be within 10 miles of these pics.

The kids are going to church, so I have enough time to run out there...I think...and hope for no crashes, etc...

Anybody else up for a spirited run on the twisties? No knobbies required (I'll be on street tires)...

The kids are going to church, so I have enough time to run out there...I think...and hope for no crashes, etc...

Anybody else up for a spirited run on the twisties? No knobbies required (I'll be on street tires)...

Go for it Bob...not my neighborhood and I don't know where it is.