Mistress of the dual

San Diego Tag-O-Rama

How the game is played

The Tagger takes a picture of their bike in a findable location. Said picture is posted with clues to where the location is. Others have to figure out where the location is, go there, take a picture of their bike in the location and post it. The first one to post up a picture gets to do the next tag.

If you don't get it, watch how the game is played for awhile before jumpin' in.

Rules

1. One Tag at a time.

2. The Tag must be findable and easily accessible from the San Diego area.

3. Clues must be included with the Tag.

4. Stating where the Tag is does not count. You must post a picture of your bike at the Tag.

5. Winners must post a new Tag within 1 week. If a new Tag is not posted within a week the game may be hijacked and anyone can post up a new tag.

Boundaries

North: Fallbrook

South: U.S./Mexico Border

West: Pacific Ocean

East: Eastern boundary of Anza-Borrego Desert

Maybe we should consider extending the boundary west by a mile or so?

Okay, I'll start. Though these pictures are from back in May, I was by this spot just yesterday. I go there a lot, at least twice a month (except in the summer months when it is usually too hot). Find Skullman rock. :skull: It is on a main trail. I can't wait to see a picture of somebody elses bike in front of Skullman rock. Should be easy to find (maybe....I have ridden down this trail since 1988 and never noticed the rock until last May) since this is often a day destination for people who don't want to go all the way down to the lower desert. :smile_anim:

A lot of people already know the area....but you still have to be able to locate the rock. :coolio:

I have cropped this picture to remove certain clues that are on the horizon. :whistle:

100_0620-1.jpg

100_0618.jpg

What do you mean by "locate", coordinates?

From the first post, Don.

Others have to figure out where the location is, go there, take a picture of their bike in the location and post it. The first one to post up a picture gets to do the next tag.

By locate, I mean spot as in see or find from that angle and then get the picture taken. ^_^

That's the point of the game. Between Mimi's pictures and clues you have to figure it out on your own. Then you have to go there and take a picture of your bike. First one to post a picture of their bike at Skullman Rock gets to do the next tag.

well i know (at least I think) where it is, but i am not foto taker. have fun all.

also fotos are weird, that trail is lot steeper in 3d.

cool game!....and yes, photos always seem to make everything look , flatter, shorter, easy..."Lollipop"...

Clocks ticking, kids.

5. Winners must post a new Tag within 1 week. If a new Tag is not posted within a week the game may be hijacked and anyone can post up a new tag.

If no one posts up a tag pic in 2 days it's fair game for a new tag.

Clocks ticking, kids.

If no one posts up a tag pic in 2 days it's fair game for a new tag.

I thought that that meant if the winner who identifies the existing tag photo and puts up the identifying shot doesn't post a new tag within a week, it's fair game, not if nobody identifies the existing photo in a week. Right or wrong?

Yes, it does mean that if the winner doesn't post up a new tag that the game can be hijacked. However, I think Mimi's tag may be a bit difficult for the first one and maybe we should have started with something a little easier. If we start with some easy stuff it will help get the ball rolling so people who haven't followed any tag-o-ramas can see how the game is played. I really had wanted to post the first tag myself since I started this whole thing so if no one gets Mimi's tag by the weekend I'll start the game over with a new tag.

I think Mimi's tag may be a bit difficult for the first one and maybe we should have started with something a little easier.

I concede....yes, let's make sure that getting to that tag spot isn't any more challenging than an Easter egg hunt for a toddler. :heh:

At least Robert knows where it's at, although he probably doesn't ride such a mainstream trail as that one is. Why don't you just put up something new right now?

I didn't say the tags shouldn't be challenging and I don't appreciate the snide remark. I'm just saying the game should be started with a couple of easy ones so people get the idea of how to play the game. The idea is that you have to go out and ride to get a tag so I'm not going to post an old picture.

I have a suggestion.

Let's re-start this. I like this idea and it appears to be off to a bad start for whatever reasons.

Zarah- you started the idea here at SDAR. How about you take charge of this and appoint the first person to tag something. It might be you- you pick whoever you'd like.

We can then go from there. I think this would be a fun activity!

p

(paulmbowers is not a moderator here at SDAR and has no, and asks for no, authority.)

I have a suggestion.

Let's re-start this. I like this idea and it appears to be off to a bad start for whatever reasons.

Zarah- you started the idea here at SDAR. How about you take charge of this and appoint the first person to tag something. It might be you- you pick whoever you'd like.

We can then go from there. I think this would be a fun activity!

p

(paulmbowers is not a moderator here at SDAR and has no, and asks for no, authority.)

I would like to support Paul's gracious overture on this. It really does sound like a fun way to waste a lot of good time.