Chief Gunner

Memorial ride Sunday 21 Nov

My good friend Dan invited me to ride with his group of CMA (Christian Motorcycle Assosiation) riders on Sunday on a Memorial ride in support of the Saddle Tramps and thier recent losses. He told me it will be short ride so it will not be an all day event. There is usually a church service and prayer session before the CMA rides, but if that's not your thing you are still welcomed to show up and ride with them. They are good people and no one need feel out of place.

I just thought I would extend the invite here since I know some of you know or knew those involved in the tragic accident. This one struck too close to home for me to not get out there and help out.

1200 Sunday at El Cajon Harley Davidson is the meet up, from there we will ride out to Renegades for the memorial service. Anyone who would like is welcomed to come to my house and unload a bike or just ride there with me & Dan. We will roll at 11ish.

My contact info is in the members only thread if you want to talk to me about it. Hope to see some of you there.

Aaron

I did not see a single SDAR member there that I knew. The SaddleTramp's Pres and a whole Gammet of riders from the HA's, Peckerwoods, the clean and sober clubs and of course the CMA and Vet riders & many more accepted my prescene and made me feel at home with them yesterday. I'm done here, Please delte me.

I see....so this club isn't good enough for you because nobody represented from here? Not to take away from the somberness and gravity of the situation that brought the memorial ride events about, but I haven't seen you participate in any of our rides or meetings or even postings for a long time. Probably most of the presently active members don't even know who you are and now you are snubbing the club by disassociating yourself formally?

I see....so this club isn't good enough for you because nobody represented from here? Not to take away from the somberness and gravity of the situation that brought the memorial ride events about, but I haven't seen you participate in any of our rides or meetings or even postings for a long time. Probably most of the presently active members don't even know who you are and now you are snubbing the club by disassociating yourself formally

Just because someone is not around for a while does not mean they still dont belong. I myself have had to take time away for having kids, injuries, sometimes life is hectic for a time. Chief I am sorry no one showed. I had the kids and was unable to attend. I was looking on the news to see if I recognized anyone, but no. There were lots of rides scheduled and the weather seemed like it was terrible. I was wondering if it might of been cancelled. Forgiving others is :angel:

Oh, nice to hear from you again!

Well, myself and 18 others were headed to Barstow for a ride for the weekend, so just because people didn't show, doesn't mean they don't care.

I did not see a single SDAR member there that I knew. The SaddleTramp's Pres and a whole Gammet of riders from the HA's, Peckerwoods, the clean and sober clubs and of course the CMA and Vet riders & many more accepted my prescene and made me feel at home with them yesterday. I'm done here, Please delte me.

We have been friends a long time but you are a little outa line here, out of town, bad weather, Dual sport club not really into the biker scene. TRAGIC ?? YES, and hits close to home for me but you my friend settle down and a good report will do and even pictures.

Remember our turnout for 1 of our fallen members (Dsherod) that was killed about 2 years ago. It was huge and no bikers showed up but the Dual Sport community was there.

Love You Brothers and Sisters.

Aaron, I see you were riding with the Christian Motorcycle Association, this post seems so un-christian like.

Don't worry, I forgive you.

I was hundreds of miles away, but even if I wasn't, I would not have gone. I don't make it a practice of going to the memorial service of people I don't know. Not that it was not tragic, and not that every single member here doesn't feel sympathy for the victims, and their family's. I hope the fallen were well represented by family and friends, although I am pretty certain that no one was wondering why Joliet didn't bother to show up.

This club is a great group of individuals, and they deserve better than to be scolded for not attending an event for someone they didn't know. We should talk about it over a beer sometime. Ken

Aaron- I'm sorry you felt slighted by the lack of SDAR presence... Speaking for myself, I mean no disrespect to you nor any other group.

Every tragedy has it's mourners, and I'm saddened by all loss of life. I wouldn't generally attend a memorial for a person I didn't know; although I attended dsherod's, based on some awareness of the individual through SDAR posts.

I don't think any disrespect was meant by the lack of attendance, and I know people sometimes post from the heart, when they are hurting... my heart is with you, and the entire community for their tragic loss.

Here is an opportunity to help the 2 boys who lost their parents in this accident:

It close to where KTMrad and I live and all you have to do is print this coupon and buy some yummy Wendy's food between 2pm and 10pm next Tuesday, December 7th. I understand a bunch of motorcyclists from all over (CMA, Peeps, etc...) will be dropping by that day, some organized get togethers around 6 and 7, some not.

Here's the coupon to print out.

I was on my way to Vegas for work and a trip that week and on that day.

Aaron, you have not been active on this site in the last couple years much, and you post one invite and nobody shows, then you take offense.......very interesting.

If you want to be deleted, let me know. Whatever you would like.

Maybe this Wendy's thing should be moved to another area of the forum.

Here is an opportunity to help the 2 boys who lost their parents in this accident:

It close to where KTMrad and I live and all you have to do is print this coupon and buy some yummy Wendy's food between 2pm and 10pm next Tuesday, December 7th. I understand a bunch of motorcyclists from all over (CMA, Peeps, etc...) will be dropping by that day, some organized get togethers around 6 and 7, some not.

Here's the coupon to print out.