DangerMonkey

Lookng for others who ride big bikes exclusively

Howdy SDAR Brothers and Sisters,

Before I moved to San Diego I rode with folks that rode big adventure bikes exclusively. None of us had "dirt bikes" nor pickup trucks. We didn't have to worry about how many hours/miles we put on the engines. We all enjoyed seeing the countryside from pavement and dirt. We'd ride anywhere from 10-75 miles on pavement and then hit interesting dirt roads to get to some interesting offroad destinations. It wasn't a competition nor a race. We weren't looking for knarly single-track. It was about getting out, seeing the countryside and enjoying where we were with like-minded individuals.

I've been on all the BMW Escondido GS rides since July but those only take place every other month.

I'm looking for others with big adventure bikes that want to do the same kind of rides and go riding most weekends. If you're looking for the same thing, post-up or PM me... or find me at the SDAR meeting tomorrow night. I'd like to get to the point where there's big bike rides most weekends.

Thanks.

I think the site started with that focus, but the small bike guys kind of took over.

For me, it is more about time than miles...I would have no problem riding my XRL all day on the street to get to some fun trails, and beautiful scenery. But I have lots of time constraints, so its half day rides most days.

Post up a big bike ride...you may get lots of replies...or get more guys from advrider and the bmw group to sign up here; give SDAR a group of big bike guys to offset all us "girl bike" riders.

Most of the rides here are with 450-530 sized bikes.

and Orange is the common color.....

(I ride a xr650r plated)

Just tellin

There's quite a few guys with big adventure bikes that like to get out often. Bagster posts a lot of rides in the desert for larger machines.

I'm in, I ride an '07 990 Adventure. Putting the knobbies back on this week, so I'm ready to go.

Bill,

Best way to find out is to follow the BS advice. Post up a ride you like as often as you like and there will be some takers. I'll be one occasionally on my DR650...or even the V-Strom if it's just dirt roads after the road miles (at least until I get some dirt treads on it).

Ask and they shall come....

Lookin' forward to it.

Bill i am up for a pavement only ride for right now....weekdays work better for me right now...i love back roads and am not afraid of really small ones like S Main Divide between Ortega Hwy and De Luz and all of the De Luz back roads....Valley center...just cant do dirt/gravel roads unless they are short distances and NO mud

I do not ride the GSA exclusively, but I am always up for a big bike ride. After what I just rode through on it this last week... There is pretty much nothing I won't go into here in the states anymore.

Silt Beds - Check

"El Impossible" Giant rock beds - Check

Highway - Check

Steep hils (up and down) check

Water - Check

Mexico - Check

The will have little to bother me anymore.

I ride a DR650...if that can be called a "big bike" On a knobby fix right now, but I'm usually running street-ish tires and up for a ride

I guess this let's me out. However I think anything I get after this should qualify as a big bike.

Covered in Dust

post-13540-053614200 1289355246_thumb.jp