Jim

Cabo Trip - Mechanical Issues - Rescue Mission

All,

The Cabo trip that has Covered in Dust, Steel Rain and 2 Wheels on it is in need. Steel Rain's motor has seized up and 2 Wheel's bike won't start worth a crap. They are located in Guerrero Negro at 27.9681N 114.03545W. No injuries.

They are looking for someone to drive down and pick them up. Steel Rain has said someone can use his truck if necessary.

More to follow....

All,

The Cabo trip that has Covered in Dust, Steel Rain and 2 Wheels on it is in need. Steel Rain's motor has seized up and 2 Wheel's bike won't start worth a crap. They are located in Guerrero Negro at 27.9681N 114.03545W. No injuries.

They are looking for someone to drive down and pick them up. Steel Rain has said someone can use his truck if necessary.

More to follow....

Ah Crap......that sucks.....

Is there anyone willing to help me load David's BMW in his truck? (preferably tonight ). He lives in Poway. He will owe you big time:)

Follow-up

Option 1: Somebody goes to Dave's house in Poway, loads his BMW and WR up in his truck and drives to where they are. They will swap out two bikes and proceed with the rest of the ride while the rescuer brings the broken bikes back to the US.

Option 2: They can get a ride to Ensenada. Somebody use Dave's truck and/or their own, and meets them in Ensenada Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning and brings them back across the border.

For option 1, they are willing to negotiate a cash compensation plus expenses.

Follow-up

Option 1: Somebody goes to Dave's house in Poway, loads his BMW and WR up in his truck and drives to where they are. They will swap out two bikes and proceed with the rest of the ride while the rescuer brings the broken bikes back to the US.

Option 2: They can get a ride to Ensenada. Somebody use Dave's truck and/or their own, and meets them in Ensenada Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning and brings them back across the border.

For option 1, they are willing to negotiate a cash compensation plus expenses.

That's a bummer, I hope they get the issue resolved. Unfortunately I'm out of town and I don't do Mexico. If I can help this side of the border, let me know.

I'm in for option 1. I know Dave (rode with him on the last Baja trip) and am very familiar with Baja. Whoever is coordinating, please get back to me via a personal message on this site and we can trade phone numbers and work out the details.

Eric

Eric has coordinated with Steel Rain to work a semi-rescue mission. Dave has a ride lined up to Ensenada and Eric will help from there. Thanks for the support.

Well I just back in from the Baja send off trip. We were dumbfounded when we heard of dave,s misfortune. But thanks to the troups back home all is well .

Thanks for getting the rescue mission organized.

You guys are awesome. !!

Koogs and I arrived back in Tecate last night to this news. I talked to Covered last night and he and Gene are pushing on to Cabo and Rain is catching a ride to Ensenada with the mexican family that rescued them in the desert, where he is going to meet Sondra and swap out his broken zook for his beemer and then catch back up with them. Thats adventure right there baby!!!

I called my wife from the border to tell her I was back and she said, "not yet your not,, your heading back down to on a rescue mission"! I was a both little disapointed, and a little relieved, actually, to find out it was all taken care of. :coolio:

Sondra, if you need any help at all I am available all week and can do whatever.

...............I talked to Covered last night and he and Gene are pushing on to Cabo and Rain is catching a ride to Ensenada with the mexican family that rescued them in the desert, where he is going to meet Sondra and swap out his broken zook for his beemer and then catch back up with them. Thats adventure right there baby!!!........

:good::drinks::crazy::dance2::thumbsup_anim:

Wow.........way cool on the rescue mission, glad all are back OK !

I just walked in from picking Dave up tonight in Ensenada and returning him back home safe and sound. Before leaving his place I helped him load his GS-1200 into the back of his truck, which he will be driving back down to Guerrero Negro tomorrow morning and continue his trip from there.

The guy is a machine!

4:17 a.m. is past my bed time. Buenas noches.

heading out in 5 minutes. Thanks for the help guys!

That'a boy..........go get'em! Safe travels! :bb::good:

heading out in 5 minutes. Thanks for the help guys!

That'a boy..........go get'em! Safe travels! :bb::good:

:bb: is right, got home in time for a late dinner last night!

Well, pretty much as soon as soon as I caught up with the guys, the riding got down right technical/difficult/hard for the little bikes. I may have slowed CiD down a little (he was taking a nap under a cactus) but the big bike did everything thr little bikes did and sometimes it did it faster.

Full reports in the comming days

Full reports in the comming days

Nice work :friends::good: .........glad to have you all back safe and (un)sound :wacko::laughingsmiley:

Thanks to all for Dave's rescue. I will post up some pic's a little later today. Gotta say the KTM never missed a beat even doing 2 hour rides down the hiway at 70+ mph between dirt sections.

Covered in Dust

Thanks to all for Dave's rescue. I will post up some pic's a little later today. Gotta say the KTM never missed a beat even doing 2 hour rides down the hiway at 70+ mph between dirt sections.

Covered in Dust

So what brands of bikes was it that failed, and what brand made it no problem?

I'm Just sayin... :rolleyes::coolio:

The only bike that failed was my DRZ. But at 45,000+ miles and only needing valve adjustments and oil changes I have no complaints... then again the 525 EXC is nice.

The other failed bike was a failure of parets caused by a moron on a bike shop.

I'll try and not mention that the KTM was the only bike that also didn't feel the need to take any dirt naps and they were multiful.

Covered in Dust

Welcome back guys,, cant wait to hear the stories. Koogs and I had a great ride North from Coco's

Someone said that 2Wheels bike wasnt running right as well...wouldnt idle and was sputtering? likely just bad fuel ro dirt in the induction system....but...

What were the 3 bikes? A 525, A drz400 and what else?

Someone said that 2Wheels bike wasnt running right as well...wouldnt idle and was sputtering? likely just bad fuel ro dirt in the induction system....but...

What were the 3 bikes? A 525, A drz400 and what else?

2Wheels was on a DRZ. it took me less than 30 minutes to fix the parts the shop moron jacked up with parts from my bike.