Bagstr

Hapaha Flats and West Mesa Loop

http://maps.google.c...022724&t=h&z=16

Edit: Ride happening Thursday AM 0900 at Trailhead. Estimate 75-80 miles

Thinking that the washes could be free of mud by now. I am tied up Saturday so Wednesday or Thursday would be nice for me.

Pinyon Trailhead is across Hwy S-2 from the Stagecoach Resort, a mile or two south of Hwy 78.

Intermediate Ride - Pinyon Drop / Squeeze, deep sand washes. Tubes - Tools - Snacks - Agua

My thought is to travel Pinyon Mountain Valley to Hapaha Flat, Upper Fish Creek, Middle Mesa /Arroyo Seca del Diablo, Vallecito Creek north, maybe June Wash.

S-2 back north to trucks. Trucks 2-3:00PM.

Anyone Free?? Klxguy?

839823387_jemJC-L.jpg

Great ride Bags!

Gotta work all week but may do that ride this weekend while out there ;)

OK, no ride Wednesday.

Maybe Thursday, stay tuned.

That is one of my favorites - doubt I could make it but if something changes...

"Ready to ride at 0900?"

Well..Let's say Trailhead by 0900 ready to ride 0930. I can be there earlier if someone needs to get back in the PM.

An hour and a half from La Mesa, plus a coffee stop in Julian means a relaxed 7:30 start for me. Which I likey.

hobiee and Klxguy, glad to have you In. Temps seem to be about what we are having here in town, which is fab.

Should be cool to see any changes from earthquakes and rain since last season.

Bring radios if you have them. 146.505

809583991_KzLTt-L.jpg

I went out to pick up my lunch today, and I wasn't sure what I was doing at work, or why I returned. I think tomorrow is supposed to be like today.

Can you categorize the route? First gear singletrack isn't going to cut it on the 990, 4WD roads I can do. I just got the suspension converted to S spec and revalved, and it feels like it can take a hit, now. I am itching to go ride.

I am also going to need to ride out from Carlsbad, unless someone has a trailer that will take the 990.

isde97,

This ride has been done on a 990, Ask me how I know. But it is not appropriate for you if this is your first trip down a deep sandwash. Some on big bikes have been intimidated by these long sandy washes. A couple of 12' rock steps ( up and down ), Significant slippery drop and climb. Please be prepared to change your flat etc. That said, if you have the confidence I will be happy to see you on the trail. I am not attempting to discourage, just giving you info to make your decision.

Some photos as example:

788044389_jKUrw-L.jpg

258226784_vyfKa-L.jpg

isde97,

Some photos as example:

788044389_jKUrw-L.jpg

Well, let's be fair to our noobish friend here, Dave. This is an example of a top rider on the Best Bike in the Universe.king.gif

I got to learn to ride like that guy, he doesn't even use trials tires!

809583991_KzLTt-L.jpg

I'd join you but will be stuck working on my BDAY. The big 30! :whistle:

coolio.gifparty.gif

You two keep working at it, and you will achieve the Skill and Daring of those two fine riders.

Big 30, Ha! Sorry you get to work, but man, be Happy you are 30. Really!

coolio.gifparty.gif

You two keep working at it, and you will achieve the Skill and Daring of those two fine riders.

Big 30, Ha! Sorry you get to work, but man, be Happy you are 30. Really!

I'm more happy about being employed.

enjoy your ride! :)

Well, maybe I will make it. Give the new legs a test and all.

Or maybe I will go elsewhere, I was thinking of Warner Springs-Anza-Idyllwild, if someone else is interested at this late notice.

Or maybe I will go to work on the finest riding day of the year, in which case I should admit failure and sell all my bikes as I clearly don't deserve them.

Darn I normally get Thursdays off but I'm working them for the next two weeks in a row. I'll try to make this run with you all next time so be safe and have fun!