Ride-Orange

Post St. Paddy's Day Ride, March 18

This is a ways off, but I'm thinkin' Pine Valley exit, Kernan Cycle Trail, Corral Canyon, McCain Valley, and ??? We'll need a fuel stop because I don't want to sport the monster tank.

Let's Ride! :)

That in my back yard, It's a tenative YAH HOOO! Should have the pig serviced by then. :)

Hmmmm.....hope I can ride by then. If so, I'll be on the mighty 950.

First day, first ride on my 950 with street oriented tires......Kiernan Cycle Trail from 4 Corners, Corral Canyon to Pine Valley.

Posted Image

Me too.i have room in my truck for 4 bikes and riders using my 2 up joe hauler and truck,truck is a 4

door,so there will be room..leaving escondido,,,any takers

Me too.i have room in my truck for 4 bikes and riders using my 2 up joe hauler and truck,truck is a 4

I will take you up on the ride if you don't mind having my yellow POS in you pumpking patch. :lol: Ken

Truck....truck ?? I got a 950, don't need no stinkin' truck :lol:

count me in. me and my slow dr250se will pull up the rear.

OK,thats 2,cardiff chris and joilet....and RAD you keep your comments to youself about us north county

people trukin our bikes up there and beware when i wheelie past that boat of yours in the diffficult section

Count me in...I'll leave the V Strom 1000 at home... of course somebody may still wheelie past me.

Just so i'm clear... meet at Pine Valley... go UP Kernan to 4 corners, then back down the same way, OR MEET at 4 corners, go down kernan, etc.?

Count me in...I'll leave the V Strom 1000 at home... of course somebody may still wheelie past me.

Just so i'm clear... meet at Pine Valley... go UP Kernan to 4 corners, then back down the same way, OR MEET at 4 corners, go down kernan, etc.?

I knew you were going to be trouble as soon as I met you Bob... :lol:

Rally point (time TBD as this thread goes on) @ Pine Valley exit (off of I-8), into the hills (Southbound), DOWN Kiernan to Morena, through the meadow and over the hills to 4 Corners @ Corral, and contiinue from there to wherever we all decide :lol:

Sounds like this is shaping up to be an epic SDAR ride! I wish as may people would chime-in on THIS thread :blink:

Let me guess... the first thing I said to you was something smartass, huh?... Yeah, if I didn't have smartass to fall back on, I'd have no personality at all.

I noticed the other thing, too... a statement UP FRONT for every body to respond... over 20 views and only two responses...

PEOPLE! IF YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK... FOLLOW THROUGH! I looked again, but only wrote a letter once...

Sounds like this is shaping up to be an epic SDAR ride! I wish as may people would chime-in on THIS thread :blink:

NOTE: Hijack ON

I agree R-O. You started this post yesterday and it's already had 100 views....I started a post with photos about gnarly trails, and it got 68 views in 4 hours.

Many of the posts in the Environmental / Land Use Forum have been there for weeks and they are lucky to have 100 views. Really, it's pretty sad that many people, including some of you on SDAR, don't want to be bothered with the issues.

What will you all do when you lose more of your trails and riding areas ? Times have changed....it used to be only about riding and having fun....but nowadays, get involved or lose the trails !!

Hijack OFF

I sure hope I can ride by the weekend of this ride, March 18th. :lol:

Sorry Rob, I won't be able to make it as I'm still recovering from a displaced tailbone I suffured during the last race. :lol: I don't want to agrivate it before the National the folowing weekend. But after that I'll be in for more DS rides. I'm seriously thinking of giving up the racing and just doing the "fun rides". :blink:

Let me guess... the first thing I said to you was something smartass, huh?... Yeah, if I didn't have smartass to fall back on, I'd have no personality at all.

:lol::):P:lol::blink:

I noticed the other thing, too... a statement UP FRONT for every body to respond... over 20 views and only two responses...

PEOPLE! IF YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK... FOLLOW THROUGH! I looked again, but only wrote a letter once...

NOTE: Hijack ON

I agree R-O. You started this post yesterday and it's already had 100 views....I started a post with photos about gnarly trails, and it got 68 views in 4 hours.

What will you all do when you lose more of your trails and riding areas ? Times have changed....it used to be only about riding and having fun....but nowadays, get involved or lose the trails !!

Hijack OFF

Thanks Guys! Well worth the Hijack if it generates more support... We'll see...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I havnt riden there in over 15 years. Sounds like a fun group. Craig H.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I would like to meet in Escondido

If I'm working day shift that week I'll be there. I keep getting switched from day to night shift, it's aggravating. :angry: Anyway, if someone wants to truck or trailer from Lemon Grove area let me know.

I'd be in but I'm still recovering from the Desert Dash 2007 where I slammed my leg into the ground and screwed up my knee. An old ski injury re-awakened and it's not up to par yet. Damn. :unsure:

Sound like fun though. tmtmo, don't forget your camera this time. :blink:

I should be able to make it. I think I can get a few SSC dirty boys to ride with us too.

Toona

I am a little confused(big shock there), is the ride on St Patrick's day? I have St Patrick's day marked as Saturday the 17th. The post clearly says March 18th, but it also says St Paddy's day. Please clarify this for the confused among us(me). Thanks, Ken

"Post (meaning "After") St. Paddy's Day Ride", set for March 18 (Sunday) needs to be finalized this week.

Rally Point (the meeting place to start the ride) will be at the Pine Valley exit off of Intersate 8 (about 10 minutes East of Alpine, depending on how fast you drive/ride), on the South side of the freeway (just look for all the bikes and trucks and trailers and stuff).

I suggest a meeting time of 08:30ish to start riding at 09:00 sharp (I was going to sleep-in a little, it IS Sunday after all). Anyone who cares to suggest a different starting time is welcome to do so. Otherwise, please chime-in with a confirmation that you are coming (or don't :D )

Cheers!

Guest Numbskull

Count me in! See yuose @ 9am