pyro

GPSmap 60CSx Mount

I bit the bullet and got a new Garmin 60CSx today. My old etrex wouldn't take my damn routes without truncating, nor would it work with a usb cable. I actually have an old computer sitting here for the soul purpose of being able load and unload the darn thing. Now all that is over 8-]

I was wondering if anyone has an extra handlebar mount laying around that they are willing to part with? If not, which one should I buy? Is the ram mount the best. It seems silly that it has to stick way up in the air like that . . .

ramb174ga12.jpg

Thanks ya'll.

((p.s. Anyone wanna buy a Garmin Etrex Vista and/or a good 3ghz desktop computer?)) :rolleyes:

Like the RAM but opted for the "replace one of the handlebar bolts" style Shock posted a while back. It doesn't have to stick up like that as it'll move to where you want it. I'd hardwire it too so it doesn't shut off on ya.

RAM - cheap and easy.....but don't trust the cradle for the 60.....put a zip tie or rubber band around the top of the GPS/cradle......

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-gpsmap-60c-series-stainless-steel-u-bolt-mount.html

(note U bolt is for std handlebar width.....you'll need to order wider U bolt for fat bars)

or

Use mount with triple clamp replacement bolt to free up space on handlebar

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-motorcycle-handlebar-clamp-ram-b-367u.html

or

Mount $7 cradle inside bar pad with metal backing plate as I've done on the WR250R "low, solid and centered" (following AKCooper's lead)

Picture012.jpg

Here you go.....

doubt you will get same day delivery for this weekend ;)

I opt for the $20 handlebar mount that garmin makes..REI has them....depending on bar diamater, they have 2 different sleeves for making it snug....It is low profile and easy, and I've had no trouble...but I don't ride as hard as most of you.....I always teather the unit to the crossbar with the strap AND I have zip ties on the cradle, so nothing can take off....

RAM...

I used to run it here... off of the handlebar mount;

P9181665.jpg

I've since lowered it, and now attach the mount to my Cycra "solution" mount (much better);

5a596758.jpg

3bc2ebe2.jpg

RAM mount works great !

But the Zip Tie is critical......

Never lost mine, BUT after hearing about others losing theirs, I use the zip tie also.