so my DRZ has had some rough days... some high speed biffs on fire roads, so tips on rocky trails, a helicopter ride, a chain across the road, etc

So I figured it was due for some love

OFF with the old

DSCN0009-1.jpg

no scratches yet...

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

blind in one eye hooked me up with these dzus fasteners... strega approved

DSCN0007-1.jpg

the fasteners come from kurviegirl.com... My wife will LOVE seeing THAT bill

taking a page from crawdaddy's bag of tricks - I had torn the stock gators after my little run in with the chain

DSCN0006-1.jpg

between Flagstaff, Jacumba and Ranger, I had bashed all the skid plate bolts into masses of metal... I finished breaking them off with a dremel and chisel, then put on some new ones... I didn't go hi-tech because I figure they're just going to get beat up some more

DSCN0008-1.jpg

yeah... it's a boring post, but it's been slow around my house lately

I noticed you went with the trials tires Bob. How have they worked out?

Uh... Mostly great

Loose stuff, they blow.

The loose climb to the mine (with 30 psi D'OH) they sucked

Loose section of Ranger...they sucked (or maybe it was just me)

Everything else they are fine...I wouldn't take them in the dunes. They love rocky off cambers...no slip whatsoever

Uh... Mostly great

Loose stuff, they blow.

The loose climb to the mine (with 30 psi D'OH) they sucked

Loose section of Ranger...they sucked (or maybe it was just me)

Everything else they are fine...I wouldn't take them in the dunes. They love rocky off cambers...no slip whatsoever

Well....they are designed to hook up with about 7 PSI. :lol:

looking good!

ps: are those fasteners for any 8mm bolt ?

(you guys must stop showing me things I want to buy...I have 3 bike projects to do presently: skidplate klx, speedometer/computer for kdx, and soft foam for ktm seat...not counting wanting to soon obtain a spot , then a radio set up....glad work has picked up :lol: ... isn't this the best hobby EVER? )

:lol:

Yeah- the 30 was a mistake...I had pumped them high to seat the bead... Set the bike in the sun, and when I came back, the bead had popped in place...but I forgot to air down

I dropped to 15 at the top of the mine trail, then dropped to 5 on Ranger...

I'll bring 'em up to 10 or 12 on my next ride

isn't this the best hobby EVER?

That and fishing. :lol:

Deb- they are dzus fasteners... They come with the backing plate, which is attached to the body with rivets provided... I had lost one somewhere along the line, and fake name starting making fun of me, so I was shamed into doing something about it... Did I mention I have turn signals on my bike? Hhhmmmmm? Ok- technically there are no wires going to the turn signals and the switch is nowhere near my hand, but that's nitpicking isn't it?

I am thinking of trying them on my main ride I use up in Page. What brand and model are they?

Might be a boring post for some people but not for those of us with DRZs. Very exciting stuff here. I like the seal savers; must look into those for my DRZ.

DZUS fasteners are awesome!

Look at any Race or TD We use them to quickly and securely fasten body kit on.

One trick for rought terrain (the only place I do not use them....yet), Tape. Put a piece of electrical tape over them because they will sometimes work loose.

Story:

I have one come off a bike I was drafting down the straight at VIR (note: racing a 600 in 1000cc class makes passing in the straights really hard) it caught my shoulder at about 160mph.

Kangaroo leather held up, but had a mark.

Titanium shoulder plate had a HUGE dent in it.

My shoulder was black and blue for a few days.

Granted we do not go that fast offroad, but them little things are kind of expensive.

K, I'm slow, but...... I looked everywhere for MT43 dzus fasteners and got nowhere.

...it's a joooooooke people. Bad one, but...........

Looks good Bob...did the seal savers on the DR...kinda cleans it up....

8psi on the back

12psi up front

Bridgestone Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes.

100% pure awesomeness

Sweet ride Bob... And yes it does make your A** look fat..

wow you really cleaned it up since i saw it last....did you even replace the zip tie on the radiator with a NEW zip tie? :lol:

ha...ha...ha

the zip tie is holding the now World Famous Turkey Baster Mod... it is the same ziptie

the world Famous Turkey Baster Mod, is when your catch can for coolant (not that a DRZ ever spits coolant) gets busted following Ozzy down some gnarly singletrack... so rather than buying a new can for $50, you sneak in to the kitchen, and take the turkey baster from the kitchen (this goes undetected until late November, by the way)

you use this as your catch basin... it'll hold the hot fluid, and allow it to siphon back in the rad as the engine cools...

THAT'S what the zip tie was for turd... :lol:

I already replaced the missing bolts from my rad from the ride I did with you, though... the very next day.... I know; very unlike me to actually repair my bike, but, I do it on occasion

I really like the forks with the gators gone... those plastic accordian looking things are so 80's...

Hey Kelly... stop all your typing and start some healing so we can ride again...

ha...ha...ha

my bike, but, I do it on occasion

I really like the forks with the gators gone... those plastic accordian looking things are so 80's...

So what's wrong with the 80's? Almost everything I own is from the 80's. :lol:

So is the jist of this thread something about polishing a turd?

Lipstick on a pig

Polish a turd...

Same thing

But not the same as a pancake on a bunny's head..... :unsure:

I need sun glasses to protect from the shine/glare........but when i saw the 1st pic boxed plastic...I really assumed you were going with color,,,,blu/yel etc... she looks the same only better, not like most of us ,,,the same but worse!! Ride soon!!! the 610 is almost done and prepped for ds action.

BS....im busy next wednesday :o and thursday i have a little side job, monday i need to complete some work on my patio for my tile setter.....but friday might be open for a ride, fire roadish maybe...nothing too whooped out or jumpy for my first rib test... :unsure: