Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Dynamite

Aerial Photos

Dulzura Burn Area

Posted Image

Last Summer, a fire burned a few acres southeast of Otay Lakes Road and Hwy 94. This is what it looks like now. The light colored area in the center of the photo is the burn area.

Nice shot of the closed "Pink Gate" area near Dulzura (northeast of Otay Mountain). Great stuff. Keep em coming!

OTAY MOUNTAIN WATERFALLS

This is the big waterfall in Copper Canyon...

Ah, tasty!!! Wish there was a safe place to leave my bike for 6+ hours to hike down there and back. Nice photos.

Waterfall in Buttewig Canyon

Posted Image

Did I hear right once that this waterfall is only about a 45 minute hike from Otay Truck Trail (provided one ha good coordinates for it)?

How quickly after the rains does it go away?

Cool pictures Doctor!! :D Keep them coming.... I used to fly a little Cesna 150 when I was 19 (too many years ago), and miss that so much... It's just too expensive to fly, but who knows, maybe I'll get back to it... in the meantime, we trully enjoy the pictures....

Yeah DD, great shots.....thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go exploring !!

Hey DD thanks for the report... I guess it makes you aware of not riding solo in the middle of nowhere close to the night... that would be kind of scary to spend the night or walk around, and have to leave your bike... :unsure: great pictures, keep them coming! :blink:

Trusty KTM! It will get you anywhere! Then leave you there! :unsure: Kall The Mechanic!

Please dont get the undies in a bunch.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Your telling me easy than you post that at least we are on the same team. I hope Ride Orange dosnt see your post. :unsure::blink:

Wow, the lake level is VERY low.

Does anybody know for sure what the water is used for? Is it low because my old leaky toilet, or is it just a seasonal thing?

Wow, the lake level is VERY low.

Does anybody know for sure what the water is used for? Is it low because my old leaky toilet, or is it just a seasonal thing?

They take the water from Lake Morena to top off the lakes closer to San Diego since those lakes get more visitors, at least that's what I heard when I was camping at Lake Morena this fall.