Old and FAST!

Chris.jpg

The self proclaimed nerd

Paul.jpg

The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Don't cross him, seriously)

Gene.jpg

and this sexy mama jama :P

Me.jpg

Decided to take a ride to Mike's Sky Ranch, the terrain was not more than most riders a few offroad hours could handle, but we kept a spirited pace which made this ride interesting. Having radios totally changes the ride, the front man would call out oncomming/upcomming hazards so everyone else could catch up :)

We got to the turn for Mike's a little early... ok, really early so went out on the Baja 1000 race course and chercked out the lake bed.

LakeBed.jpg

To me, riding right into mikes is pretty cool. As such I took a pic:

Mikes.jpg

The morning after... "Proof of Life"

Wewerethere.jpg

After a minor "incident" with a butt-hurt driver at the border (he thought bumping bikes would be good entertainment) we hopped onto the Monument 250 route and headed home.

Monument250.jpg

Thank you for sparing us the sight of you guys in bathing suits! :)

Ok- I got you and fakey--- who are the other two?

This was a warm-up ride for the trip to Cabo in the fall.

Day 1 Route:

• Compadre Rd to Hwy 3
  • Hwy 3 to San Matías for lunch
  • Hwy 3 to the dry lake bed
  • A little loop on dirt roads and race course in the vicinity of the dry lake
  • Hwy 3 back to San Matías
  • Dirt roads to Mike's

Mountains around Mike's

HPIM1583.jpg

HPIM1574.jpg

What's a poor doggie to do in the evening at Mike's?

HPIM1589.jpg

I thought the dry lake bed was pretty cool since I'd never been there. Here's the crew at the dry lake bed.

HPIM1559.jpg

Day 2 Route:

• Dirt roads and race course to Valle T
  • Hwy 3 from Valle T to the road to Laguna Hansen
  • Laguna Hansen Road (I don't know it's real name) to La Rumorosa
  • Toll Road back to Tecate

A few of us got run off the road by a baja bug coming the opposite direction at high speed on the section of road between Laguna Hansen and La Rumorosa. Better to hit a bush than a baja bug. Lunch at La Cabaña del Abuelo in La Rumorosa was good. I recommend it if you're ever around La Rumorosa.

Great trip guys, thanks!

As you know, I don't take normal pictures, but here's a few from Mike's:

baja-3019.jpg

baja-3028.jpg

baja-3048.jpg

baja-3050.jpg

baja-3059.jpg

Trail Boss:

chris3045sm.jpg

man that is most wet I have evr seen the dry lake laguna hansen

Looks like you guys had Mikes to yourselfs? Is my Husky shirt still hanging?

Yes, your Husky shirt is still hanging, and there was another small group of 4 or 5.

Which was great for me, as the other three snore monsters got to sleep before I could start up with my log sawing. I was able to sneak out of our room, have a look at the stars, then help myself to an adjacent empty room.

Yes, your Husky shirt is still hanging, and there was another small group of 4 or 5.

Which was great for me, as the other three snore monsters got to sleep before I could start up with my log sawing. I was able to sneak out of our room, have a look at the stars, then help myself to an adjacent empty room.

I don't snore. I was the chupacabra.

nice pics, especially the first 2 bar room pics.

whats with the pink gas? looks like premix.

whats with the pink gas? looks like premix.

maybe octane booster?

whats with the pink gas? it looks like premix.

What are you talking about?

... to my knowledge nobody had octane booster.

Well, that a special blend I create specifically for the 540, based on the formula by GWR, the famous Belgian KTM motor builder. Runs cooler, produces more horsepower and has better mileage. Great stuff.

Ok, I'm lying. It's Pemex, and probably less refined than the gas we get in the US.

So nobody had problems with the lower quality Pemex gas. I was thinking if I ever went down to Baja i would have to haul around a load of octane booster, to avoid pre-ignition.

maybe not so good for your bike, but at least the lucky citizens of Mexico are reaping the rewards of state owned energy.

So nobody had problems with the lower quality Pemex gas. I was thinking if I ever went down to Baja i would have to haul around a load of octane booster, to avoid pre-ignition.

We had problems... with converting dollars to pesos... math is hard.

Getting gas was more difficult. I know my DRZ had no issues with the gas.

We had problems... with converting dollars to pesos... math is hard.

Getting gas was more difficult. I know my DRZ had no issues with the gas.

This is the Yoshimura race engine DRZ? Does it have higher compression than stock?

I had no issues, but I had the compression kept down when the motor was built just for that reason. David says no issues with his Yomoresushioverherenow engine.

This is the Yosimura race engine DRZ? Does it have higher compression than stock?

Yes the compression is higher and I could hear a slight ping/knock but nothing I am worried about. I had it tuned for high grade pump gas but was told that even the cheap stuff woul be fine; even so, I pulled the Race ECU and replaced it with the stocker.

Looks like fun amigos...glad everyone made it out safely....I do love the culture down there, and the laid back feeling of Mexico..and the Tequila, or course...just too scary for to visit these days....(unless you take a cruise to Cabo)

I do love the culture down there, and the laid back feeling of Mexico..and the Tequila, of course...

Huh.

Attractive, rides dirtbikes,( an '03 KTM!) smart, sassy, makes her own living and likes Tequila.

How can she possibly still be single?

I do love the culture down there, and the laid back feeling of Mexico..and the Tequila, of course...

Huh.

Attractive, rides dirtbikes,( an '03 KTM!) smart, sassy, makes her own living and likes Tequila.

How can she possibly still be single?

I keep asking myself the same question???? oh well, I have all my bikes......and the New bike rocks btw!....I'll learn to push myself and grow into it.... :D

When's the next riding lesson?....

I will post a video of the road into Mike's as soon as I figure out how to upload to utube.

Chris