KTMrad

GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna Sponsored SDAR Ride

I'm out... We will have visitors from Germany in town that weekend.. Have fun guys..

What kind of fuel range is going to be needed on this ride. I am waiting for another replacement for my leaking IMS tank. I only get about 65 miles out of the stock tank.

What kind of fuel range is going to be needed on this ride. I am waiting for another replacement for my leaking IMS tank. I only get about 65 miles out of the stock tank.

day 2 dash, I think it was under 50 to the first fuel and then about the same to the next....if I drive support truck, should be no issue at all, as I can carry gas and be on the other side of split mountain....

I'd like to try and make this ride. Just got a new radiator to replace yet another cracked one. <_<

Air cooled! ;)

Is this thing still a go???

Where and when are we staging/riding ?

More info please!

Yes- it would be helpful to know what we're doing, how many are expected, what levels, etc.

Thanks.

Details......meet at Stagecoach Trails RV Park at 7:30am Sunday April 18th.

Riders meeting at 8am, all riders out on the trail by 8:30am.

Lunch in Borrego Springs at your choice of Carlee's or the Taco Shop across the street (on corner of Christmas Circle).

www.stagecoachtrails.com

7878 Great Southern Overland Stage Route

Julian, CA 92036

(760) 765-3765

$3.00 parking fee at Stagecoach Trails....if you need to use their facilities, they want people to pay for that also.

Don't know how many riders, since there's no way to track who is going to show up from Moto Forza and GP Motorcycles. I'm guessing 40 to 50 riders.....hope not more, could be less.

GPS Tracks will be provided.....if you want GPS ahead of time, please PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll e-mail them to you on Saturday night. OR, for people not on the site, please use the contact e-mail or phone number in the Contacts on the Main Page, so I can get you the tracks ahead of time.

Route will be the same, or similar to Day 2 of Desert Dash.

90 miles maximum to gas, with an emergency gas detour to the Blu Inn for gas (then about 55 miles maximum). OR, may have all riders go to the Blu Inn and alter the route slightly so it's different than the Desert Dash.

We will break up into groups, depending on number of riders who show up. May need on the spot volunteers with GPS's to be leaders of different groups.

This ride can be done by a novice, but it's not an easy ride for a novice, will be challenging in places/sections. Sand and rocks in places.

Finish at Stagecoach Trails. Total ride about 120 miles.

Hope that answers it all.

Excellent, PM sent.

I'll likely park across the street and the usual meeting spot and ride over the Stagecoach Trails. I'm hoping to lead one group with N2TM as sweep.

I'm going to try and make this one... (k-pass permitting :good: ).

I gotta get my feet wet (er, dirty) again! B)

Post edited........

Lunch in Borrego Springs at your choice of Carlee's or the Taco Shop across the street (on corner of Christmas Circle).

GPS Tracks will be provided.....if you want GPS ahead of time, please PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll e-mail them to you on Saturday night. OR, for people not on the site, please use the contact e-mail or phone number in the Contacts on the Main Page, so I can get you the tracks ahead of time.

I'm going to try and make this one... (k-pass permitting :good: ).

I gotta get my feet wet (er, dirty) again! B)

Great! Ride with our group~

Does anyone actually ride to these events or mostly trailer their bikes?

95% trlr

Haven't gotten many requests for GPS ahead of time yet...please PM me your e-mail address ahead of time.

Thanks !

The campground is offering a special rate of $10 to camp overnight. Park on the east side of the pool and mention SDAR when you pay.

Haven't gotten many requests for GPS ahead of time yet...please PM me your e-mail address ahead of time.

Thanks !

Shall I assume you got my request?

Never ridden that area, I am 99% in. B)

I have about a 100mile range on my stock tank, is that enough?

Please read the post, all the info is there.

Fakey, yes........I got your request, I'm not going to respond to each request until I send out the GPS tracks, which will be Saturday afternoon or evening.

Thanks.

Never ridden that area, I am 99% in. :)

I have about a 100mile range on my stock tank, is that enough?

Please read the post, all the info is there.

Fakey, yes........I got your request, I'm not going to respond to each request until I send out the GPS tracks, which will be Saturday afternoon or evening.

Thanks.

No worries, thanks.

Please post your t-shirt size at THIS LINK if you're coming on the ride..........GP is providing GP / Husqvarna t-shirts to all attendees.

I'm going to try and make this one... (k-pass permitting ;) ).

I gotta get my feet wet (er, dirty) again! ;)

Good to see you getting out again........ :)

I will be there.

If anyone is riding to the event from San Diego, let me know, i will take you under my wings to the event, but once we start the ride and hit the dirt, it's every man for himself. lol . ;) cause my wings don't work anymore. haha

Sorry, I must reluctantly miss out due to unexpected changes in kids schedules this weekend.. ;)

Anyone else going have a family member or friend who is interested in driving support? I'm sure it will all work out if not...

Have fun out there...only suppose to be 84 degrees in des on sunday...

I will be there.

If anyone is riding to the event from San Diego, let me know, i will take you under my wings to the event, but once we start the ride and hit the dirt, it's every man for himself. lol . :) cause my wings don't work anymore. haha

Ok, my status is pending recovery of back pain. I did some squats yesterday evening at the gym, worked on the bike and all of a sudden, shooting pain in my back after i lifted the xr650l onto the work stand. Taking it easy today. Crossing my fingers that it will be better by sunday!