KTMrad

GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna Sponsored SDAR Ride

I'll likely park across the street at the usual meeting spot and ride over to the Stagecoach Trails. I'm hoping to lead one group with N2TM as sweep.

I am reluctantly cancelling this ride. :lol: New obligations have crept into my schedule........Yesterday I was riding in the desert and the wild flowers are still in bloom and will continue to provide the "eye candy" that this time of year is known for. I have enjoyed riding there for the last 5 weeks in a row and haven't seen the flowers melt away yet. Enjoy. :lol2:

Never ridden that area, I am 99% in. ;)

I have about a 100mile range on my stock tank, is that enough?

Please read the post, all the info is there.

Fakey, yes........I got your request, I'm not going to respond to each request until I send out the GPS tracks, which will be Saturday afternoon or evening.

Thanks.

Will there be someone with a computer Sunday morning to load tracks? I don't want to drive back to work Saturday night just to load the tracks on my gps.

I'll have a computer there to load tracks if necessary.

Ken, you can't load them at home ??

I'll have a computer there to load tracks if necessary.

Ken, you can't load them at home ??

No all my Mapsource software is on the computer at work. See you in the morning.

Must have been a great ride???? No posts? pics? :lol:

My thoughts exactly. I was sure there would be a big write up with lots of photos and stories. I'm assuming that the only story so far from this ride was somebody's unfortunate injury. :unsure: If that's the only report that's worthy of posting, maybe it's a good thing that I didn't go. :lol: Certainly there must have been a few SDAR members who went on this ride. ?????

I lead the second group with DigDug as an excellent sweep. Other valued members of our group were Joliet, KTMlicious, and a few others who's screen name I don't know. Grant from GP rode his plated CR500 until it seized just after BluInn.

Bad news about Jasper- it's been graded. Good news is that if I ever need to drive my lowered Volvo wagon through there, I'd probably make it. With the trailer attached. The bike-sucking rut is still there, though.

I lead the second group with DigDug as an excellent sweep. Other valued members of our group were Joliet, KTMlicious, and a few others who's screen name I don't know. Grant from GP rode his plated CR500 until it seized just after BluInn.

Bad news about Jasper- it's been graded. Good news is that if I ever need to drive my lowered Volvo wagon through there, I'd probably make it. With the trailer attached. The bike-sucking rut is still there, though.

I have noticed about every 5 years its graded. Our 2nd Desert Dash was the worst I ever saw it. It was graded shortly after.

I have noticed about every 5 years its graded. Our 2nd Desert Dash was the worst I ever saw it. It was graded shortly after.

Culp TT is the one that gets the nasty ruts......

The bike-sucking rut is still there, though.

Ted unwisely followed me into that at the last DD. Hilarity ensued.

That blows! Not that you would take your Volvo up there (with trailer), but Jasper being graded. I've ridden that road alot over the past 4 years and never was it as much fun as during the DD.

Must have been a great ride???? No posts? pics? :)

STILL; No post

No pictures

How many people

Not even a Thankyou to the sponsor

Am I missing something, was it on another thread?

STILL; No post

No pictures

How many people

Not even a Thankyou to the sponsor

Am I missing something, was it on another thread?

Dig Dug posted some pics over in "Sprained ankles".

I'll post up some pix tonight.........Mimi and I are leaving to go retrieve the bike.

22 people total on the ride.

Yes, thanks to GP and Husqvarna.........they had a Husky 450 for me to ride, great bike !

RanDAY

I hope you got back in before the sprinkies started.....not that cold yet, but could be uncomfy!

Would have liked to help out, but no time available from work... :angry:

Count me in, I have a gps and can help with lead or sweep too.

First, let me say welcome to SDAR.

Second, let me politely as possible ask if, in addition to the GPS, you might have a calendar? rolleyes.gif

????????

This ride was way back in April.