bikeslut

well; we "rode" the new trail

^I watched the video and until about 6:10, nothing looked familiar until that little downhill part and i said oooo they are doing it the opposite way we did, wonder if its easier?

this was on the way back, we went out then turned around and came back, and yea I think its a bit easier this way, as gravity helps especially on the loose short dirt climb, as for rocks, like stated before there is just one rocky gappy section that demands a little commitment and front end lightening on the way out. All in all this is a short but very sweet trail, this one gets a 9 in my book as for length @2-3.

on another note off topic Do I really need to buy another adv pass....... ive bought 3 and used each one about 2x......i went naked this time (sorry)

PS grabby tires,,,,,,,FYI note this can go off another tangent completely I still use OEM type FIM enduro comp tires as my preferred trail rubber, especially in the rocks, 11-12psif 11-9 rear

YES! you MUST buy an adventure pass... if you DON'T buy an adventure pass for $5, you get a ticket for $5.... IF they catch you.

I got a ticket once.. and the pass was on my dash... so I committed an act of civil disobedience, and ignored it.... that was 3 years ago

But I still buy a pass, and a second vehicle pass every year

tsk tsk on me I will support the system if i go back up there anytime soon

tsk tsk on me I will support the system if i go back up there anytime soon

:rolleyes:

I could give a flying ---- if anybody buys a pass... hell; I wish green sticker funds would replace this program

So what's up with this pass thing? Is that just for parking at the staging area, or for traversing the area on your appropriately registered OHV or plated bike? Do MTB's, equestrians and hikers have to pay as well?

C'mon kids... torches and pitch forks for everybody!!

When I rode CC last Friday no one mentioned that I would need a adventure pass to park. Lucky no ticket. Next time I will just park before the pass is required and ride in. I can't believe how many things that used to be free now cost. I just recieved 4 green sticker renewals today and they are $52 each. My wife has been taking care of these and the last time I paid them I thought they were $10. I guess it's been awhile. I think they are worth it if they give us places like CC to ride.

The pass is for "parked vehicles" when the operator leaves to "recreate" in the Forest...you need on in all of Cleveland National Forest, including places like Noble Canyon, Pine Creek Road, etc. Technically, the way I understand it, if you get off your motorcycle to "recreate" (or urinate) you are no longer driving THROUGH the forest (roads; even dirt ones are maintained with other funds) you are recreating and your vehicle needs a pass. Areas like Pine Valley parking area, Four Corners, and the campgrounds tend to be more patrolled than the middle of trail 3...

I saw Ranger Tull a while back and he mentioned that some of the enforcement types were writing $125 tickets now for no adventure pass. Anyone know anything about this ?

I saw Ranger Tull a while back and he mentioned that some of the enforcement types were writing $125 tickets now for no adventure pass. Anyone know anything about this ?

I know one guy on this forum that refuses to buy a pass. When he gets a ticket he throws it away and nothing ever happens. Apparently the tickets are not linked to the police\dmv at all. :drinks:

I know one guy on this forum that refuses to buy a pass. When he gets a ticket he throws it away and nothing ever happens. Apparently the tickets are not linked to the police\dmv at all. :drinks:

:lol::)B):lol: I can imagine who THAT is.

I know one guy on this forum that refuses to buy a pass. When he gets a ticket he throws it away and nothing ever happens. Apparently the tickets are not linked to the police\dmv at all. :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can imagine who THAT is.

its not me. I buy em cause I don't wanna test his theory. Does seem like its a racquet though.

here is the very informative link to where your money actually goes:

read about the wonderful adventure pass here

"The Adventure Pass is for recreation use, designed to meet the special needs of the extraordinary geography of the region and address the specific challenges we face with heavy dispersed recreation use."

W T F does that mean?

well... if a government agency has a ticket book, a code to write from, your license plate info, "not linked to the police/dmv" is just a matter of time

Again; I'm not saying anybody is "wrong" for not buying a pass... we pay taxes that are supposed to support the National Forest Lands...Does it make sense that we pay again, when we use them? We they implemented the passes, did anybody's taxes drop? no... they didn't... They implemented a budget... ah... never mind... going off on a tangent...

any rate... the new trail is great... not sure how much of the green sticker fund was used to make this trail, but I do want to thank the peeps here, Tull and his group, and anybody else that helped make this trail a reality

"The Adventure Pass is for recreation use, designed to meet the special needs of the extraordinary geography of the region and address the specific challenges we face with heavy dispersed recreation use."

W T F does that mean?

I think it's governmentese for "stick 'em up!"

well... if a government agency has a ticket book, a code to write from, your license plate info, "not linked to the police/dmv" is just a matter of time

Rationale would have you believe that. But he has been doing it for 4 years now. Nothing ever happens. :unsure: You and I are just slaves to the man bob. This guy, he is free...at least his parking at CC is. :lol:

I feel so :lol: ...so... :unsure: used... so manipulated :lol: ... just... I feel DIRTY :lol:

Oh well... it's only $35 :)

AND THE VERY FREEDOM THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON :lol:

I think that EVENTUALLY those tickets will get stuck onto your state tax return or your vehicle registration renewal.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Tea party rally coming up on the 15th;

C'mon kids... torches and pitchforks for everyone!!!

didn't this this start as a trail ride note...........

Have them enter their name on This Online Search to see if the State Board of Equalization put a personal lien in the system.

....& yes, it was a ride thread.

Great video Robert! Motivated me to get out there (was hoping for tomorrow) but my clutch is in pieces.