Strega

Even Travis likes the Ogio Flight Vest

Go Travis....I love his show "Nitro Circus"....met some of them at the Supercross....(and saw some at Cinqmars funeral, but that was bad circumstances)....

Love that kid , but man i would not want to be in his shoes in 20 years. he already hurts :o must say though he lives life

I personally don't like wearing a vest that is stuffed with all kinds of stuff while I'm riding. I'd rather have all that weight strapped to the bike.

The vest and all the extra weight adds to fatigue while riding when it's hot out also.

Also, if you fall.....the stuff in your pockets won't compress and will concentrate the impact on certain parts of your body.

Just my 1 cent.

Travis solod' the Baja 1000 on a stock DRZ with a desert tank.

It was far from stock...the motor might have been but I can tell you that the suspension was worked and it was piped at a minimum ;)

Ended up 'breaking down' before he could finish with a clogged air filter.

I was at this race at RM 1123 when he came flying by and Dan Walsh was right behind him (we were going to change Dan's filter and he radio'd in saying to meet him at the next spot)

Its amazing how many teams didnt even make it that far...the guy is an ANIMAL

Also, if you fall.....the stuff in your pockets won't compress and will concentrate the impact on certain parts of your body.

I like it because carry'n it all in my back pack put too much weight on my back and I felt unbalanced and back got sore. Having items front and back is much nicer. I'm positive that my flight vest has prevented me from getting more serious injuries due to it taking the brunt of the impact. Only mid section injuries I had in my big crash were on my left side where it was exposed.

I like it because carry'n it all in my back pack put too much weight on my back and I felt unbalanced and back got sore. Having items front and back is much nicer. I'm positive that my flight vest has prevented me from getting more serious injuries due to it taking the brunt of the impact. Only mid section injuries I had in my big crash were on my left side where it was exposed.

No chest protector or Ballistic Jersey under the Ogio Vest ??

No chest protector or Ballistic Jersey under the Ogio Vest ??

Yup, chest protector goes under my vest, but it's open on the side under the armpit where I got jabbed by a rock or something.

You have a valid point though, carry what you can on the bike, and I definitely do. That's where the heavy stuff is. Vest has the light stuff, minus the water which when full, is 6.25lbs.

I'm seriously thinking about picking up one of the vests. I keep my heavy tools in the rear tail bag and tubes in the front fender bag, but I still carry water, radio, first aid, and other small stuff in my camel back. I'd love to get the weight more centered and I haven't found a bad review of the vest yet; everyone seems to like them. I'd prefer a used one, but may swing by Cycle Gear on my way home and check it out.

Oh yeah, and it's endorsed by

;)

I'll give you a bad review... they are HOT... like... Africa Hot... Like Biloxi in the summer hot... they're black, and for thinner guys (not most of the guys here ;) ) there is no gap in the front for air flow

On really hot days, I will probably not use it, and defer to a smaller camelback, and do with fewer tools/spares/tent/signal flares, etc.

Good point on the heat. I'm pretty good with mesh based armor and a jersey, so it would suck to have an outer layer that generates heat vs. cooling me down. Decisions, decisions...

I find my chest protector keeps the vest off my body, and I get decent airflow. It would be REALLY hot if it was snug around my chest with no ventilation.

Good point on the heat. I'm pretty good with mesh based armor and a jersey, so it would suck to have an outer layer that generates heat vs. cooling me down. Decisions, decisions...

and as much as you have to pick up that big pig, you have to conserve as much as possible.....................................oh sick burn

and as much as you have to pick up that big pig, you have to conserve as much as possible.....................................oh sick burn

That might actually sting a little if it wasn't so true :)

It's ok, Cycle gear, ECC, and NCY once again saved me from spending any money because they didn't have one anyhow :good: . Cycle gear normally has them but was out.

Got mine at MotoWorld for $80. Listed for $120. I had recently bought my girl bike WRR from them and so they gave me "new bike purchase" discount. Isn't the SDAR discount now up and running?

Haven't worn it in summer, but like the way it distributes weight. Much better than a camel, but only summer will tell.....

Also, Travis is buddies with Andy Bell who is VP of Ogio. Haven't ever seen a bad product Ogio makes. And for us old guys, take a look at this. Never have to lift a bike again. OK, I meant when I wasn't riding.... :angry:

I use one a lot, but the weight factor is important. Spines are very vulnerable to compression, and adding weight then hammering it for hours along the vertical of one's spine is far from ideal.

But a camelbak is no better- but it is cooler.

Todd has moved his radio to a tank bag, and I think that's a good idea.

I agree with Bike Slut about the heat it definitely cuts down the airflow by wearing the vest. It's really nice in dual sport gear to be able to easily get to camera/cliffbar/wallet/keysetc and have a place to put small stuff when I get off the bike. The thing I don't like about using a tank bag for that is I dont want to leave any of that on the bike.

Then again I usually keep the heavier stuff in my dirtbagz, of course now that all my tire changing stuff is littered over ocotillo wells my bikes a good 20lbs lighter