dirt dame

Wheeee! Snow day! 01/23/10

So I got up this morning and wandered out to the garage to wheel the TE out. Trajan got gassed up and checked over. I didn't know how much snow might actually be at McCain this morning and the MT21s were looking a might nubby and worn for snow play. The rest of the gang promised to show with two strokes, so....Trajan got rolled back into the garage and Riley got rolled out and loaded up.

It hadn't snowed as much as I had feared that it might and all the roads were in good shape all the way out. When I rolled in to the staging area, MCtrails was there with his 300. After a little while, Brad and Briana arrived and then we all set out to play in the snow and mud for a few hours. After that, we stopped in Pine Valley to hoist some chocolate shakes, and then it was time to head home. It was a certified zoo at Pine Valley with all the "city folks" parked wall to wall along the highway to play in a small margin of dirty snow. Silly people....get yourselves some dirt bikes and have some real fun in the snow. :lol:

Some pics from snow play day.

I-8 is nice and clean all the way out.

100_0390.jpg

Some areas were snowier than others.

100_0392.jpg

What a difference a couple of days can make.

100_0394.jpg

The road into the staging area.

100_0395.jpg

There's Alan ready to unload his bike.

100_0396.jpg

The two B's getting ready to ride. B)

100_0397.jpg

Out on the trail.

100_0398.jpg

100_0399.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0402.jpg

I plunked my KDX right here and it seemed like a scenic spot for some pictures.

100_0403.jpg

100_0404.jpg

Overlooking the lower desert from on high.

100_0405.jpg

100_0406.jpg

100_0408.jpg

I'm rather happy I didn't go
ya, you would have been surrounded by lound unreliable annoying 2 strokes. :unsure:

conditions were awesome. lots of puddles, lots of snow, no ice, no goggles. Traction was great. Now I understand why you go out there when it rains mimi. Briana and I both really enjoyed todays ride. Going uphill flowing creeks is awesome. Alan nice riding with you as always. We sprayed down the bikes when we got home, they are cleaner then when we got there! :)

That was a fun ride! Thanks Mimi, for setting it up and leading around. It was good to ride you you again Brad and Brianna. Thank you all for a GREAT ride in the virgin snow. Conditions were awesome today. Mostly clear skies and cool temperatures. A thin layer of snow covering a moist DG base made for great traction just a little on the slippery side here and there. Made for some interesting riding and lots of fun in the snow. A rare opportunity with fantastic conditions. This is what it's all about...

Here is a spot where we were riding along and Mimi decided to jump off her bike and make snow angels. I don't think it was intentional.

post-4114-1264311297_thumb.jpg

I like the nice contrast between the green and orange bikes highlighted in the snow.

post-4114-1264311342_thumb.jpg

Brad and Brianna.

post-4114-1264311364_thumb.jpg

Fresh tracks!

post-4114-1264311400_thumb.jpg

Coooooool report Mimi. Looks like riding conditions were good everywhere this weekend. Nice photos.

Damn I can't wait to get the 400 back together. I wanna go play in the snow!!!

conditions are just insanely good, 2 days in a row, less white stuff today but full on rock and roll.

conditions are just insanely good, 2 days in a row, less white stuff today but full on rock and roll.

Great pics, makes me want to take a day off from work and go and play in the snow.

Never ridden my bike in the snow very curious how it would handle!

From the looks of the weather we might get more snow next week.

Great pics, makes me want to take a day off from work and go and play in the snow.

Never ridden my bike in the snow very curious how it would handle!

From the looks of the weather we might get more snow next week.

Snow is strange stuff. It wasn't deep enough to make much of a difference for the most part on Saturday, but I told Briana that riding on snow feels kind of like biting into cotton candy. B)

was not like the last year snow riding we did (frozen and very slick),,,,this was unfrozen dirt under snow and traction was crazy good even on the virgin snow trails. by today (sun) most snow was off the trails.

same place, here, later that same day @1200hours (23JAN10), maybe some of the same trails(??) posted it anyway..see pm sent

is this a hijack??(i hope not) note to DD, the inclusion of the very green '94 KDX200 (his KTM450 is in full clean up mode) should make it OK. Link to the Husky site, enjoy the ride it was fun and intense at times.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7825

Some of the same trails, not all. I think we rode some of them in the opposite direction. :blink:

same place, here, later that same day @1200hours (23JAN10), maybe some of the same trails(??) posted it anyway..see pm sent

is this a hijack??(i hope not) note to DD, the inclusion of the very green '94 KDX200 (his KTM450 is in full clean up mode) should make it OK. Link to the Husky site, enjoy the ride it was fun and intense at times.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7825

Nice vid's Robert. You guys were rippin! We started our ride a little earlier and it was solid snow. Very thin and melted fast. Was a blast riding in those conditions.

I am still completly wound up!! On how good it is right now,,,, in a month or 2 back to dust!!!

Looks like great fun, have to get out there next time you are going so you can show me around.